Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperChargers - Rivière-du-Loup, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got back from my road trip to New Brunswick. It was the most smooth trip yet and the bonus loan of an adapter from Lance made it go even faster. If/when we get those SCs in place in Levis/RDL/Woodstock, an electric car road trip to Canada's east coast will be truly delightful. I really hope all three can be completed by the time I go on this same road trip again next summer.
Which route did you take? Any tips for me heading back to Toronto from PEI?

Which route did you take? Any tips for me heading back to Toronto from PEI?
I just stuck with straight Trans Canada, using 30 to bypass Montreal. Going east, after Drummundville SC, I used:

- Circuit Electrique in La Pocatiere with Lance's adapter
- Sun County in RDL and/or Edmunston (via Plugshare options)

If you take breaks, you'll find plenty of options via Plugshare including various Tesla destination chargers.

Reactions: Jaff
Looks like we could see a CHAdeMO fast charger in RDL before we see a Supercharger

Definitely within the realm of possibility, but it will be more due to Tesla being late than CHAdeMO coming very soon.

The electric circuit says October for RDL CHAdeMO, which I would say means between September and May. However, there is a rumor of late August. The host , the shopping mall Centre Commercial RDL, is the primary partner with Hydro-QC , with only a small financial contribution from the city that was approved in late June. Since the city isn't heavily involved it avoids drawn out bid processes, so perhaps late August is possible.

As for the Supercharger, the earliest we can hope for the first shovel is after construction workers' vacation on August 8th, so completion this Summer is doubtful.

For travel to/from the Atlantic provinces, CHAdeMO is rumored to be coming to Temiscouata-sur-le-lac this year, even though the site doesn't yet appear on any Circuit Electric map. 65 km from Rivière-du-Loup, Temis CHAdeMO will still be useful for a brief boost in many circumstances when RDL and Woodstock, N.B. come online.

As a destination, Temiscouata-sur-le-lac is also beautiful in its own right.

• Informative
Reactions: rypalmer
Town has approved two project for electric chargers two weeks ago...

One at the Rivière-du-Loup City Hall (where you can find here) and another at Centre Commercial de Rivière-du-Loup (where can be found here).

I haven't been able to get more detailed infos but my guess is that the CHAdeMO (Circuit Électrique) charger would be installed at the City Hall and the Tesla SuperCharger would be installed in the parking lot of the Centre Commercial de Rivière-du-Loup.

So Hôtel Universel isn't in Tesla's plan anymore...

We'll see in the next couple days or weeks...

Town has approved two project for electric chargers two weeks ago...

One at the Rivière-du-Loup City Hall (where you can find here) and another at Centre Commercial de Rivière-du-Loup (where can be found here).

I haven't been able to get more detailed infos but my guess is that the CHAdeMO (Circuit Électrique) charger would be installed at the City Hall and the Tesla SuperCharger would be installed in the parking lot of the Centre Commercial de Rivière-du-Loup.

So Hôtel Universel isn't in Tesla's plan anymore...

We'll see in the next couple days or weeks...

Hi Depeche Mode,

I read the minutes from the city council meeting a few weeks ago and came away with a different interpretation:

1) L2 stations at City Hall for employees.
2) The city will be a minor partner in a project between Cominar (the owner of Centre Commercial RDL) and H-Q for a DC Quick Charge station.

There's no space at City Hall for Superchargers and it would be an inconvenient location. The City could put CHAdeMO/CCS there, but it seems unlikely since that is going in at the Centre Commercial Riviere-du-Loup mall.

Superchargers could be installed at the mall as well as the CHAdeMO, but I have not found any document to suggest anyone's planning that.

Here is the link to the minutes : http://www.ville.riviere-du-loup.qc.ca/view.php?what=document&id=3566

Article 19 is about CHAdeMO at the mall.
Article 41 is about L2 for city employees.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
What is this thing about construction workers annual summer vacation. Do you mean they all go off at the same time?

Yes, it's a bit of a peculiar system. Except for major road projects, all construction work stops for two weeks so everyone goes on vacation at the same time.

So, the only way any Quebec site could open in two weeks would be if all construction were already done and they were only awaiting hookup from Hydro-QC. It seems very unlikely two sites could be at that stage without being discovered.

The rumour is that Crescent City, CA--the only supercharger that has been in "permit" status longer than R-du-L (approximately 472 days to R-du-L's 461 days)--has finally started construction.

Maybe this is a good sign?

I think people should be looking for developments in Levis before looking for construction in Riviere-du-Loup. I can see Tesla wanting to have their ducks in a row rather than build an isolated Supercharger. I know QC has QCs, but those QCs are not SCs.

Levis, QC
Riviere-du-Loup, QC
St Leonard, NB
Woodstock, NB
looks like a suitable chain.

My father always said QC stood for Quick Comeback.

The first SCh in ON was in Cornwall, which to 9/10 of the ON population is on the edge of nowhere. I think it's not so much ducks in a row as a quack-quack here and a quack-quack there. Tesla just needs to be a bit quicker with some of its quackers. Given its completions to date, I don't intend that to take any feathers from its cap.

My father always said QC stood for Quick Comeback.

The first SCh in ON was in Cornwall, which to 9/10 of the ON population is on the edge of nowhere. I think it's not so much ducks in a row as a quack-quack here and a quack-quack there. Tesla just needs to be a bit quicker with some of its quackers. Given its completions to date, I don't intend that to take any feathers from its cap.
I don't know. To me, Cornwall doesn't look on the edge of nowhere. It looks pretty useful when driving between Montreal and Toronto. I think Fort Severn is more "edge of nowhere" territory! :eek:

I think people should be looking for developments in Levis before looking for construction in Riviere-du-Loup. I can see Tesla wanting to have their ducks in a row rather than build an isolated Supercharger. I know QC has QCs, but those QCs are not SCs.

Levis, QC
Riviere-du-Loup, QC
St Leonard, NB
Woodstock, NB
looks like a suitable chain.

I agree 100%

R-du-L makes very little sense at all without Levis.

I agree 100%

R-du-L makes very little sense at all without Levis.

I wouldn't be so sure - it allows those willing to hypermile to get to the area beyond that.

Using Australia as an example - the Port Macquarie supercharger (North of Sydney) and the Ewingsdale site (permit north of that) will allow Sydney - Brisbane to be done. Perhaps not in a S60, perhaps not if the AC/heater is running flat out, but it will be possible for some.

The distance from Sydney to PM is 385 km for comparison.

Of course Tesla are going to build more sites on this route, the same density as Melbourne to Sydney.

XCrXQEY.png