Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone ever driven across the country using only campgrounds and RV Parks? I'm sure someone has done it in a non-Tesla EV but it sounds brutal lol.

In some of my research finding supercharger visits for our game, I came across a thread where someone drove counterclockwise from TX or FL to New Brunswick and across the Trans-Canada Highway and was NOT using superchargers, or very few if so, as it was a long time ago and there were few superchargers around anyway.

Nice chart, JSergeant! Pretty impressive!

Mom always told me that when someone gives me a horse not to give it a dental exam, but here goes:

Would it be more meaningful to include the number of Supercharger stalls in a calculation? The per capita and per land area density treats a 4-stall Supercharger as equivalent to a 40-stall Supercharger.

I wonder how using stall quantities would adjust the results.

Again, thanks for your efforts! :)
I thought about that last night when I was adding some updates. I could add the stall counts now - it wasn't readily available when I first started that spreadsheet, but now we've got the numbers in the Superchargers Visited sheet it would be fairly easy to do. Maybe we should add this data to the official Superchargers Visited sheet? What do you think @tes-s, @theflyer, @Darren S?

I thought about that last night when I was adding some updates. I could add the stall counts now - it wasn't readily available when I first started that spreadsheet, but now we've got the numbers in the Superchargers Visited sheet it would be fairly easy to do. Maybe we should add this data to the official Superchargers Visited sheet? What do you think @tes-s, @theflyer, @Darren S?

@JSergeant - look at the new World and State tabs in the spreadsheet. Thank you for doing all the work!

Cool. Seems like something people like. Can probably do some neat Tableau visualizations with that data at some point in the future.

@Bighorn , @PLUS EV and others, we've added a new column in our spreadsheet to document the original stall count at each supercharger so we can better track the evolution of the network. Any knowledge people have of locations that have increased in size would be useful in helping backfill early supercharger locations. For instance, I know that Tejon Ranch, CA and Glen Allen, VA, and Springfield, VA have all increased their stall count. What others started out small and have grown over time?

Off the top of my head:

Gilroy; Dublin; Harris Ranch (twice); Rocklin; Fountain Valley; Cabazon; Manteca; Grants Pass; Buellton; Oxnard; Culver City (I think); Barstow (twice); St. George; Flagstaff.

Hope this helps. I am sure that there are others, but I am more familiar with the western US.

Off the top of my head:

Gilroy; Dublin; Harris Ranch (twice); Rocklin; Fountain Valley; Cabazon; Manteca; Grants Pass; Buellton; Oxnard; Culver City (I think); Barstow (twice); St. George; Flagstaff.

Hope this helps. I am sure that there are others, but I am more familiar with the western US.

Thanks. This is what I found on TMC (thanks to easy-to-find Titles) but will look at those others as well.

Supercharger - Oxnard (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)
Original = 10 total
Update = 20 total on 08/08/2018​

Supercharger - Manteca (Expanded to a total of 20 stalls)
Original = 8 total
Update = 20 total on 12/11/2017​

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch (Expanded to 24 stalls in May 2018)
Original = 2 then 6 then 10 total
Update = 24 total on 05/28/2018​

Supercharger - Cabazon / Desert Hills (EXPANDED, 6 stalls added, now 16 total)
Original = 10 total
Update = 16 total on 09/04/2017​

Supercharger - Fountain Valley (Expansion COMPLETE 27 Oct 2017)
Original = 8 total
Update = 16 total on 10/27/2017​

Plantation, FL Supercharger Expansion
Original = 8 total
Update = 16 total on 09/10/2018​

Supercharger - Napa (EXPANDED to 12 stalls, Jun 2018)
Original = 8 total
Update = 12 total on 05/19/2018​

Reactions: Big Earl
Counting only Open superchargers that would put CT in the lead with 605 sq mi per open supercharger
Another just opened today.

CT has 3 that are "pairs" though. Stalls is a better indicator.

But even with stalls, CT has almost twice as many stalls per sq mi as CA. That will all change when CA splits into 3 states - the new CA will have much less geography while retaining most of the superchargers (and most of the traffic!).

• Funny
Reactions: Darren S
Thanks. This is what I found on TMC (thanks to easy-to-find Titles) but will look at those others as well.

Supercharger - Oxnard (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)
Original = 10 total
Update = 20 total on 08/08/2018​
Supercharger - Manteca (Expanded to a total of 20 stalls)
Original = 8 total
Update = 20 total on 12/11/2017​
Supercharger - Tejon Ranch (Expanded to 24 stalls in May 2018)
Original = 2 then 6 then 10 total
Update = 24 total on 05/28/2018​
Supercharger - Cabazon / Desert Hills (EXPANDED, 6 stalls added, now 16 total)
Original = 10 total
Update = 16 total on 09/04/2017​
Supercharger - Fountain Valley (Expansion COMPLETE 27 Oct 2017)
Original = 8 total
Update = 16 total on 10/27/2017​
Plantation, FL Supercharger Expansion
Original = 8 total
Update = 16 total on 09/10/2018​
Supercharger - Napa (EXPANDED to 12 stalls, Jun 2018)
Original = 8 total
Update = 12 total on 05/19/2018​
Barstow - originally 4
Expanded to 8 Sept 5 2014 plus there were 4 temporary in there between original opening and first expansion - the temporaries remained for a while after 9/5/2014
Expanded to 20 5/4/2017

Newark, DE - originally 4, expanded to 12 and moved 3/24/2016

• Helpful
Barstow - originally 4
Expanded to 8 Sept 5 2014 plus there were 4 temporary in there between original opening and first expansion - the temporaries remained for a while after 9/5/2014
Expanded to 20 5/4/2017

Newark, DE - originally 4, expanded to 12 and moved 3/24/2016
Another couple which I am familiar with having been at the original and expansion:

Springfield, OR - originally 7? (or 6 or 8, not certain), expanded to 14 around 12/10/2017
Centralia, WA - originally 10, expanded to 20 around 9/30/2017

I'm nervous about adding to the Wiki since this batch puts me up a notch (leaping over tamman34, and tying with TreborThickweb):

Livermore CA, Dublin CA, San Marcos CA, San Carlos CA, Fremont (Fremont Blvd) CA, Milpitas CA, East Palo Alto CA, Daly City CA, Sacramento CA, Sacramento (Arden Way) CA, Roseville CA = 163.

Thanks much.

D'oh! That's actually San Ramon.

Did you update your own dates in the Spreadsheet? Almost all of them had dates of 12/13 or 12/17 but Livermore was not listed with a date (so I assigned it 12/19/2018). The Wiki and Spreadsheet are updated.

The tally shows 162 not 163. Can you confirm that? 151 + 11 = 162 unless I missed one somewhere

But even with stalls, CT has almost twice as many stalls per sq mi as CA. That will all change when CA splits into 3 states - the new CA will have much less geography while retaining most of the superchargers (and most of the traffic!).

Not a chance! Calexit is alive and prospering as I type. California will become a sovereign nation unto itself and will be removed from the list. o_O

There have been rumblings about six states too.

• Funny
Did you update your own dates in the Spreadsheet? Almost all of them had dates of 12/13 or 12/17 but Livermore was not listed with a date (so I assigned it 12/19/2018). The Wiki and Spreadsheet are updated.

Yes I did, and I guess I missed that entry. No wonder the count wasn't right!

The tally shows 162 not 163. Can you confirm that? 151 + 11 = 162 unless I missed one somewhere

I can confirm it's ...162. I had Barstow in twice, and removed one, but apparently didn't update my count very well. I'll fix that! Thanks much for the update.

Funny you should ask - I just happen to have the numbers handy:

Supercharger Count

New Jersey is best - 1 supercharger per 387 sq miles (includes constr & permit locations)
Arkansas is the worst - 1 supercharger per 52,068 sq miles

The linked sheet has surface area and population stats by state, province and country.
You missed North Dakota, which has <divide by zero>