Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think "if it's on the map, it counts" is a good rule.

BUT, we do count some that are not on the map, so there is some gray area there. Warsaw, NC comes to mind as well as some de-commissioned locations. An interesting debate could be made for service center locations such as Burbank, Buena Park, Montreal and Chicago. Those were for sure a vital part of the supercharger network in the early days, but are now no longer in the Nav and in the "charging here will annoy/inconvenience the service center employees" category. Is it fair to let the old guard get credit for those superchargers while not allowing new players to count them? I don't think we've made a ruling on that, but I could see an argument for treating them like a de-commissioned site that is no longer available to the public, such as when they moved the supercharger in Wausau, WI. It doesn't seem terribly unfair for the long time players to get a small advantage :)

IMHO, whether a visit to a Supercharger counts or not should depend on whether it was on the map at the time of the visit. Like it doesn't matter that Buena Park isn't on the map now, the visit I did a couple years ago (when it was on the map) should still count. And I shouldn't waste my time trying to get Burbank now (even though I did just that on Sunday, without success).

Er, newly-commissioned Superchargers that haven't made it onto the map yet should always count.

Wow there are a lot of weird edge cases with this stuff.

Bruce.

Reactions: DavidB
IMHO, whether a visit to a Supercharger counts or not should depend on whether it was on the map at the time of the visit. Like it doesn't matter that Buena Park isn't on the map now, the visit I did a couple years ago (when it was on the map) should still count. And I shouldn't waste my time trying to get Burbank now (even though I did just that on Sunday, without success).

Er, newly-commissioned Superchargers that haven't made it onto the map yet should always count.

Wow there are a lot of weird edge cases with this stuff.

Bruce.

Good questions. I think the simple rule “did it supercharge?” is best. There are a lot of corner cases. I had to go to the Burbank SC 4 times patiently before I charged, a little reward is nice. But yes we shouldn’t encourage troubling behavior. I was self conscious of charging there and left quickly.

Hello,
I got 4 new superchargers on the way home from the office :) Taking the long way home!
East Brunswick, NJ 9/5/2019 4:02PM
Woodbridge Township, NJ 9/5/2019 3:18PM
East Brunswick, NJ - State Route 18 9/5/2019 2:50PM
North Brunswick, NJ 9/5/2019 2:30PM

+4, @smithg13. Nicely done. Your commute home might eventually get longer and longer. Don't say we didn't warn you. :D

@Bighorn and other esteemed leaders
When are you going across the pond? It feels like you should jump on a plane and rent a Tesla in London, do a road trip around Europe to get at least 100-300 more. I am just waiting for the international phase of this fun game :) I am only watch and admire, my job and family don’t allow me to travel much (but I still scheme)
Don’t think I haven’t thought about it:) Even have spousal support. I’m actually not in favor of combining continents, particularly. I even balked initially about including superchargers that cost money to use because it really starts to stilt the playing field, economically. One of the great aspects of the game is that, until superchargers were no longer free for all, it could be done on a dime.
I’ve driven around Europe quite a bit and I’m not sure I’d want to prioritize a vacation to how I travel for the game here, driving in the dark and skipping major landmarks. Here, at least, I can plan to go back anytime I see something that I want to revisit. Transatlantic jaunts, not so much!

Reactions: Tdreamer
Alright, folks, it is way past my bedtime but @JSergeant asked for a visualization and I finally figured out how to force Tableau into submission to create it. I think you'll like it too.

Way, way, way out at the end of the tabs is a new table called "Earliest Charge Date" (direct link). It has the following columns
  • Country
  • State
  • Supercharger name
  • Open Date of the Supercharger
  • Earliest Date a competitor visited the supercharger
  • Who the competitor was
The table is filterable by the following parameters. Other filters can be added if desired.
  • Competitor (Handle)
  • Country
  • State
Want to see you're firsts? Deselect all other competitors but you.
first visits.jpg

Don’t think I haven’t thought about it:) Even have spousal support. I’m actually not in favor of combining continents, particularly. I even balked initially about including superchargers that cost money to use because it really starts to stilt the playing field, economically. One of the great aspects of the game is that, until superchargers were no longer free for all, it could be done on a dime.
I’ve driven around Europe quite a bit and I’m not sure I’d want to prioritize a vacation to how I travel for the game here, driving in the dark and skipping major landmarks. Here, at least, I can plan to go back anytime I see something that I want to revisit. Transatlantic jaunts, not so much!
That makes sense, we gotta balance the fun with the work. I see the value in keeping the game on the same continent. Personally I think it would be fun to track other metrics like how many supercharging enthusiasts we have met.

Reactions: NKYTA

That makes sense, we gotta balance the fun with the work. I see the value in keeping the game on the same continent. Personally I think it would be fun to track other metrics like how many supercharging enthusiasts we have met.

I disagree and feel any location is part of the game. Should @The RosieHeart only get to count his locations in his current native country of New Zealand and not the dozens and dozens he's visited in the US? Or should he only get to count the US since that was where he started and not get to count New Zealand where he's been the past few years? I feel he should get to count everything just like others in Europe who have traveled to the US for a trip (or vice versa or to Japan or wherever). Anything should count on any continent (or planet for that matter).

Reactions: NKYTA and Big Earl
<snip> So, we're allowing limited hours locations within reason?

Perhaps this should be detailed in the rules so it is at least noted somewhere and we can refer to it instead of discuss it each time it comes up in conversation. Thoughts?

It might be a grey area for a lot of locations. The Valet charging spots in NYC are in a parking garage that has hours of 6 AM to Midnight and those are part of the game so yes, there are locations with limited hours in the game. I think a non-Valet parking garage in Chicago has an Urban supercharger and is closed from Midnight to 6 AM or something but can't remember and THAT one has been in the game for a while.

The Grand Avenue (Chicago) and Alpharetta, GA Service Centers both have 2 superchargers that are available 24x7 but have signs indicating that during Biz hours they are for Employees or Service Techs or something and direct you to a nearby supercharger location instead. I don't feel those are "limited hours" since they are not behind a locked gate or in a locked garage and I'm sure if you arrived during Biz hours with 0 miles remaining that they'd let you use the supercharger for a few minutes but seem to prefer if they aren't used for Public use until after Biz hours. So yes, there are locations with preferred access times in the game.

I haven't been to a number of others but I think everything that is publicly-accessible has been allowed.

I think we always allowed limited hours.

Way back when, we decided to remove the Cleveland service center from the game, but that was more due to getting in the way of service center operations than the limited hours. And as the Model 3 rollout has built up and the service centers get more swamped and people discover more one and two stall superchargers tucked away at service centers, this has become a good rule.

By the way there are superchargers at both the Bellevue and Seattle service centers now. The Bellevue one was briefly added to supercharge.info before being removed.

Correct, Lyndhurst Service Center (and other SCs?) were pulled because the supercharger was only located inside the Service Bay and definitely not available to drive up to it 24x7. I was at a SC in Montreal with 2 stalls right up front but that was definitely not like Lyndhurst.

I think "if it's on the map, it counts" is a good rule.

BUT, we do count some that are not on the map, so there is some gray area there. Warsaw, NC comes to mind as well as some de-commissioned locations. An interesting debate could be made for service center locations such as Burbank, Buena Park, Montreal and Chicago. Those were for sure a vital part of the supercharger network in the early days, but are now no longer in the Nav and in the "charging here will annoy/inconvenience the service center employees" category. Is it fair to let the old guard get credit for those superchargers while not allowing new players to count them? I don't think we've made a ruling on that, but I could see an argument for treating them like a de-commissioned site that is no longer available to the public, such as when they moved the supercharger in Wausau, WI. It doesn't seem terribly unfair for the long time players to get a small advantage :)

Agreed, "on the Nav map" should count for sure and then all the ones that don't appear there such as Warsaw and others. Milford, CT for example and one or both Turnpike pairs are sometimes not on the map but instead the one off the Turnpike that is at the Mall is on the map instead. As long as they are available to access 24x7 (including Parking Garages with non-24x7 hours) then they should be allowed. If there is a sign to avoid during Biz hours then that should be taken into consideration and just makes that one tricky to access. So they should all be included so new participants have the same chance as long-timers in the game but the new folks might have to do a bit more planning to access them.

IMHO, whether a visit to a Supercharger counts or not should depend on whether it was on the map at the time of the visit. <snip> Er, newly-commissioned Superchargers that haven't made it onto the map yet should always count. Wow there are a lot of weird edge cases with this stuff.

I disagree as cited above on several cases / locations. Listed on the Nav map automatically means it is included but so are all the others that are not on the map for whatever reason unless it isn't available 24x7 (limited-hours parking garages notwithstanding).

Good questions. I think the simple rule “did it supercharge?” is best. There are a lot of corner cases. I had to go to the Burbank SC 4 times patiently before I charged, a little reward is nice. But yes we shouldn’t encourage troubling behavior. I was self conscious of charging there and left quickly.

Yes, "were you able to charge from it" is a good rule as well and might be the easier rule because then it only needs to exclude locations inside of a Service Center (Lyndhurst, Seattle, etc.) that are not available to access yourself or via Valet.

Grand Ave SC (Chicago, IL): Photo taken while charging in mid-May 2017 at 4:18 AM and sign indicated charging will not be available during M-F 8 AM to 6 PM or Sat 10 AM - 6 PM.
upload_2019-9-6_3-30-48.png

upload_2019-9-6_7-47-2.png

Another nondescript Michigan Supercharger located at a Meijer. This one in Hudsonville... @Darren S already updated the spreadsheet for me on this one. Looks like this is the only new SC that I will get on this mini road trip as the ones in KS would be a 10 hr round trip and I don't have the time for that this weekend as I'm here in Bloomington, IL for a wedding.

But at least I've cleared Michigan (once again). :)

The Valet charging spots in NYC are in a parking garage that has hours of 6 AM to Midnight and those are part of the game so yes, there are locations with limited hours in the game.

Two of the four are limited hours...the other two (still Valet) are open all night long.

Cleveland (Lyndhurst Service Center) got booted from the game thanks to me actually pointing out that you can't drive up and plug in...the chargers are inside the building. I think they are even off the supercharge.info website now too (and that's how it should be).

I'm fairly certain that we've discussed and debating all of this several times over already... Someone should revisit those notes and add the results into the "Official rules" so that we don't have to keep going over this stuff whenever the question comes up.

My new list count is 112 (+7, changes in bold):
Austria (4): Kitzbühel; Lermoos; Innsbruck; Bregenz
Belgium (11): Aalst; Machelen; Ghent (Closed); Nivelles-Sud; Arlon; Aartselaar; Kortrijk; Verviers; Antwerp; Heusden-Zolder; Waver
Denmark (2): Middelfart; Randers
France (28): Beaune; Metz; Nancy; Chambéry Barberaz; Lille; Senlis; Aix-en-Provence; Caen; Cagnes-sur-Mer; Calais; Chambéry; Matougues; Langon; Mâcon; Chapelle-sur-Erdre; Narbonne; Rennes; Rouen; Saintes; Toulouse; Valenciennes; Mulhouse; Strasbourg (100th), Val-de-Meuse, Valence, Brive-la-Gaillarde, Chateauroux, Rungis
Germany (15): Achern; Mogendorf; Irschenberg; Moers; Ulm; Jettingen-Scheppach; Emsbüren; Erftstadt; Stuhr (Bremen-Brinkum); Rade; Aichstetten; Leonberg-Ost; Kaiserslautern Eselsfürth; Bad Rappenau; Waldlaubersheim
Italy (10): Fano; Modena; Brennero; Affi; Arezzo; Trento; Varazze; Piacenza; Campogalliano; Carpiano
Liechtenstein (1): Schaan
Luxembourg (1): Mënsbech
The Netherlands (13): Oosterhout; Zwolle; Amsterdam (closed); Urmond; Drachten; Eindhoven; Zevenaar; Dordrecht; Hoorn; Emmeloord; Breukelen; Breda; Gouda
Norway (9): Setermoen; Solli; Aksdal; Haukås; Grong; Innhavet; Nebbenes; Sandane; Dombås
Spain (2): Barcelona, La Seu d'Urgell
Sweden (3): Falkenberg; Löddeköpinge; Uddevalla
Switzerland (3): Beckenried; Monte Ceneri/Rivera; Flüelen
United Kingdom (10): Dartford; Grantham; Chorley; Stoke-on-Trent Northbound; Washington; Winchester - Norton Park; Maidstone; Abington; Gretna Green; Sarn

My new list count is 112 (+7, changes in bold):
Austria (4): Kitzbühel; Lermoos; Innsbruck; Bregenz
Belgium (11): Aalst; Machelen; Ghent (Closed); Nivelles-Sud; Arlon; Aartselaar; Kortrijk; Verviers; Antwerp; Heusden-Zolder; Waver
Denmark (2): Middelfart; Randers
France (28): Beaune; Metz; Nancy; Chambéry Barberaz; Lille; Senlis; Aix-en-Provence; Caen; Cagnes-sur-Mer; Calais; Chambéry; Matougues; Langon; Mâcon; Chapelle-sur-Erdre; Narbonne; Rennes; Rouen; Saintes; Toulouse; Valenciennes; Mulhouse; Strasbourg (100th), Val-de-Meuse, Valence, Brive-la-Gaillarde, Chateauroux, Rungis
Germany (15): Achern; Mogendorf; Irschenberg; Moers; Ulm; Jettingen-Scheppach; Emsbüren; Erftstadt; Stuhr (Bremen-Brinkum); Rade; Aichstetten; Leonberg-Ost; Kaiserslautern Eselsfürth; Bad Rappenau; Waldlaubersheim
Italy (10): Fano; Modena; Brennero; Affi; Arezzo; Trento; Varazze; Piacenza; Campogalliano; Carpiano
Liechtenstein (1): Schaan
Luxembourg (1): Mënsbech
The Netherlands (13): Oosterhout; Zwolle; Amsterdam (closed); Urmond; Drachten; Eindhoven; Zevenaar; Dordrecht; Hoorn; Emmeloord; Breukelen; Breda; Gouda
Norway (9): Setermoen; Solli; Aksdal; Haukås; Grong; Innhavet; Nebbenes; Sandane; Dombås
Spain (2): Barcelona, La Seu d'Urgell
Sweden (3): Falkenberg; Löddeköpinge; Uddevalla
Switzerland (3): Beckenried; Monte Ceneri/Rivera; Flüelen
United Kingdom (10): Dartford; Grantham; Chorley; Stoke-on-Trent Northbound; Washington; Winchester - Norton Park; Maidstone; Abington; Gretna Green; Sarn
Updated. Wavre was already visited. Barcelona is the Sant Cugat supercharger, right?