Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I see:

Leaderboard 090619.JPG

Wow, this is strange.

I just looked at spreadsheet based leader board and it shows 236.

But the bar graph page (from tableau) that I see still shows 235 (the one I uploaded in post #6358).

Edit....I also noticed that the spreadsheet based leader board lists me as having 4 first visits. But when I go to the tab on tableau, it indicates I have more than that.....

Attachments

• Leaderboard listing.jpg
    Leaderboard listing.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 31
Edit....I also noticed that the spreadsheet based leader board lists me as having 4 first visits. But when I go to the tab on tableau, it indicates I have more than that.....
The First Visit counts on the Spreadsheet haven't been updated in a while - they don't update automatically. The numbers have been in a state of flux as we update and correct people's visit dates, so I haven't run an update on them until things stabilize. In the meantime @theflyer may be able to update those numbers automatically in Tableau.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
I'm surprised Darren keeps mentioning the 24/7 availability because I don't think that's ever been one of the rules, and I don't think it should be one of the rules either.

While the "does it supercharge?" rule is the simplest and can be verified with a green circle or Nav pic, I'm afraid this would encourage bad behavior. For example, the lone urban supercharger stall at the Seattle service center is right near the entrance of a gated parking lot and both times I've been down there since it was installed, it's been unoccupied. The gate is open during business hours. They are very busy down there these days, but I could for sure pull right in and plug in and take a pic before someone started yelling at me :) But we'd be getting in their way, so I don't think that should be encouraged. For that matter, I'm sure you could bribe service center employees to quickly plug your car in at their hidden superchargers, but I don't think any of us want to be involved in a game like that and I don't think we should be getting in the way of work at service centers.

The "was it in the Nav when I supercharged?" rule doesn't work either because many of us like to be the first one to charge at a location and they usually aren't put in the Nav right away after they open. Perhaps a "was it ever in the Nav?" rule would be fair, but we'd need to come up with some record to keep tabs on what gets put in the Nav and when. I guess there are not that many service center superchargers that were ever in the Nav so maybe this rule would make the most sense. We probably shouldn't be encouraging people to supercharge at the Burbank service center in particular, but I think it's the only one where competitors would truly be causing an inconvenience to the SC employees. I believe Buena Park, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, and the other one in the Chicago area are all still reasonably gettable after hours. Perhaps we could even make a Burbank exception rule.

Reactions: NKYTA
It’s probably buried in this thread, but what do the “rules” say about Superchargers located INSIDE a Tesla Service Center? The Tesla Service/Delivery Center in Kansas City has a Supercharger on-site that they use to top off customer cars before delivery or while there in for service. This is not accessible to the public at all. On my recent service appointment, with a 200 mile trip home, they topped off my battery on their Supercharger for me before returning the car. Does this get logged into my list of Superchargers Visited? I’ll officially join the competition with once I hit 100 sites.

Edit: reading the previous two posts, this maybe has been discussed recently... :)

It’s probably buried in this thread, but what do the “rules” say about Superchargers located INSIDE a Tesla Service Center? The Tesla Service/Delivery Center in Kansas City has a Supercharger on-site that they use to top off customer cars before delivery or while there in for service. This is not accessible to the public at all. On my recent service appointment, with a 200 mile trip home, they topped off my battery on their Supercharger for me before returning the car. Does this get logged into my list of Superchargers Visited? I’ll officially join the competition with once I hit 100 sites.

Edit: reading the previous two posts, this maybe has been discussed recently... :)
Yes, we've just finished discussing it. Start reading at this post

Superchargers Visited

The short answer is that no, you don't count Superchargers which are not accessible to the public, e.g. only for Service Center use.

This is not accessible to the public at all.

That's the key bit right there. We do not count Superchargers that are not accessible to the public. I've had my car charged at the Service Center in Minneapolis...it does not count. I've had my car charged at Lyndhurst...that does not count either.

The charger must be available to the general public for it to count. We still count sites that have limited hours, or valet spots that might be costly...or sites at Tesla stores that are no longer listed on the Nav (or ones that never were) but they have to be accessible to the public. Alpharetta is a good example of the last case. It's at a Tesla store, there are signs all over the chargers telling you to go elsewhere, it's not on the Nav in the car...but we still count it because you can still drive up to it at 2AM or 6AM and charge your car there. It's not inside the building...and that makes all the difference.

That's the key bit right there. We do not count Superchargers that are not accessible to the public. I've had my car charged at the Service Center in Minneapolis...it does not count. I've had my car charged at Lyndhurst...that does not count either.

The charger must be available to the general public for it to count. We still count sites that have limited hours, or valet spots that might be costly...or sites at Tesla stores that are no longer listed on the Nav (or ones that never were) but they have to be accessible to the public. Alpharetta is a good example of the last case. It's at a Tesla store, there are signs all over the chargers telling you to go elsewhere, it's not on the Nav in the car...but we still count it because you can still drive up to it at 2AM or 6AM and charge your car there. It's not inside the building...and that makes all the difference.
I think St Louis’s service charger is outside and accessible and I have gotten a charge there;)

Working my way across the Mojave hopefully before you can cook things on the pavement.

PS V3 chargers are of no use to our early Ses.

• Informative
Reactions: IT Geek
Anyone else in our group doing the Asheville rally? I just booked the Comfort Suites near the Asheville Supercharger for Friday and Saturday night. Thinking of extending through Sunday so that I can do the mini group drive on Tail of the Dragon.

@Big Earl, I was initially planning on that "Blue Ridge Parkway drive" but have another commitment that came up so I can't attend.

On my road trip to Florida back in June, I finally hit the Tail of the Dragon after hearing about it from friends for years and years. Perhaps doing that section with a group of similar cars is more fun but I was largely disappointed in the actual thrill of Tail of the Dragon but perhaps it's because I was bottled up behind 2 slow bikes and an SUV.

Don't forget to smile for the camera.

FB_IMG_1567888625732.jpg

If you want to do an absolutely stunning few miles of road just let me know and I can send you some routes. Listen to that group for anyone who heads off to tackle part of the Cherohala Skyway.

FB_IMG_1567888655501.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1567888655501.jpg
    FB_IMG_1567888655501.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 18