Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close. We carry the data in the spreadsheet in the "states" tab. Here are the top 10 - you missed #1. The small difference in the calculations is I think we used the land area of each state, and you used the total area (including water) for each state.

StateOpen CountOpen StallsSq MilesSCs per 1000 sqmiStalls per 1000 sqmi
Connecticut252064,8425.1642.54
New Jersey322907,3544.3539.43
Delaware6401,9493.0820.52
Massachusetts242247,8003.0828.72
Maryland221879,7072.2719.26
California2112913155,7791.3518.70
Florida6360253,6251.1711.23
New York5244647,1261.109.46
Rhode Island181,0340.977.74
New Hampshire8588,9530.896.48

Yabbut, if one were to remove all the Superchargers in the coastal and East Bay counties from San Diego to Sonoma plus Sacramento County, then subtract that area from our total of 155,779 mi^2, I betcha one would discover that the density ain't at the 1.35/1000 mi^2 as the chart above correctly indicates.

There is a lot of rural real estate that is covered quite well, just not covered densely.

Reactions: YYZ-IAD
Close. We carry the data in the spreadsheet in the "states" tab. Here are the top 10 - you missed #1. The small difference in the calculations is I think we used the land area of each state, and you used the total area (including water) for each state.

Excellent, @tes-s - I'm glad this has been covered before. Suppose I shouldn't have been surprised that CA is further down the list. As has been pointed out, it's a bonanza between LA and San Fran -- but thank heavens SCs don't grow like trees in the many large national forests. NJ has its pine barrens, but still...

1617665697719.gif

@tes-s and admins - can we ask for an official accurate daily tally for transparency of the race to 1,000? I am not sure what the primary contestants think @Bighorn and @PLUS EV. Are we current for 4/4/2021 and can we get posts by midnight local of the latest chargers? Good luck, Godspeed, and safe driving!

@tes-s and admins - can we ask for an official accurate daily tally for transparency of the race to 1,000? I am not sure what the primary contestants think @Bighorn and @PLUS EV. Are we current for 4/4/2021 and can we get posts by midnight local of the latest chargers? Good luck, Godspeed, and safe driving!
Sure. Look at the spreadsheet whenever you want. It is in the calculations tab. They are right next to each other!

1617676806548.png

The "last supercharger" is the most recent date a visit was recorded. So if @PLUS EV visited superchargers after 4/1 they are not recorded in the spreadsheet yet.

Attachments

• 1617676459744.png
    1617676459744.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Sure. Look at the spreadsheet whenever you want. It is in the calculations tab. They are right next to each other!

View attachment 651252

The "last supercharger" is the most recent date a visit was recorded. So if @PLUS EV visited superchargers after 4/1 they are not recorded in the spreadsheet yet.
Thanks! I guess I am also asking the players to post daily new chargers by midnight so we can keep score 🤓

Reactions: juliusa
I'm still in awe at how many Superchargers are now in the greater Washington DC area. What a difference a few years makes. As a reminder, Tableau has a dashboard where you can set any date and see what the supercharger situation looked like.
Even more broadly, if I count the number of Superchargers in locations I've driven past in my Tesla, that have opened since the last time I was at each location, I'd be able to more than double my current total.
  • 27 along the I-95 corridor south of DC to Miami (last trip to SC was 2018, last/only trip to FL was 2014)
  • 26 along the various routes I took from DC to Philly/NJ/NYC (many trips from Sept 2013 to Sept 2019)
  • 18 along the route I took through central PA, upstate NY, and CT to Boston (summer 2016)
  • 6 along the route I took from DC to Pittsburgh and then across remote parts of PA (spring 2019)
  • Other, shorter trips that are better-supercharged now vs when I last went include Durham (3), Charlottesville (2), and Rehoboth (1)
That's 83, and I didn't even count any of the DC-area locations I'm missing, nor did I count any of the open ones I missed on all those trips.

Apperson Drive! Enjoy the fantastic weather. :)

Regarding the pallet/truck Supercharger pics from earlier, I think that was the first V3 pallet/truck setup I've seen. All of the ones I've come across in the wild have been urban units.
That was my point. While I've not charged at an urban pallet supercharger, I've seen a number of pictures of them. I've never seen or heard of a full flatbed sized version (V2 or V3). Great to see, especially if it simplifies installs and reduces cost where it can be deployed.

Reactions: PLUS EV
I remember something about them in Electrek or some such, it was a full MegaPak on one truck and a full flatbed of chargers on the other. They drive to locations predicted to be the most in need of charge (Thanksgiving and other events) and provide charging w/o having to have a permit to build or expand.

Clever.

If they put solar on the roof of the MegaPak it would be all charged by the next big event, well, maybe not after this time of Covid.

edit: Found it -> Tesla deploys new mobile Supercharger powered by Megapack instead of diesel generators - Electrek
But this one is also Urban

edit edit: Oh and the Tweet above talks about these being pre-built for quick install, not for portable use.

Last edited: