Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my final route from the PA to CA trip. 12,218 miles and 3,773.9 kWh used for 309 Wh/mi avg in 14.0 days of travel (14.5 days total including 8 hrs at the Custer, SD rally and 4 hrs at a wedding in Long Beach, CA).

That works out to 873 mi/day avg of traveling. It is also the equivalent of 4.3x across the US which is the typical Cannonball Run of 2,860 miles from NY to LA. The latest Cannonball Run record for the Model 3 averaged 1,365 mi/day but they also had 2 drivers and didn't have to stop frequently to hit, for example, all 19 superchargers in the greater San Fran area. Apples and Oranges.

137 new locations added with very few backtracking of the route and very few repeat locations visited. I again enjoyed seeing some areas of the country I normally wouldn't visit and look forward to future trips whether to find new superchargers or just to visit places.

I finally got to experience my first time waiting in a line at a supercharger to charge (L.A. area) but the wait was <10 minutes both times but I had wanted to witness that firsthand. I saw a few Tesloop vehicles at chargers also. I saw the Kettleman City 'resort' and some other 40 stall locations.

I've encountered zero major issues with the car after 99,235 miles and 2 yrs and 1 month of having it on the road.

CA trip_route.jpg

CA trip_stats.jpg

“Supercharger Count is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged, whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger).”

So, yes, I give Macy her due. Most dog SCs. Even though she couldn’t plug in.

However, how does this not work out for Dawn? She is 200 club for sure (not that she cares), and we’ve already postulated that a rental in China counts for those that rent a car and drive to SCs there.

Do I lose SCs when Dawn gets her Model 3 and I’m driving? No.

Awaiting the consensus. Think clearly.

Would have been more, but my wife was not particularly interested in extending the drive by going out of the way to reach new superchargers.

Funny how women are generally practical about those sorts of things.

You poor guys! My wife is so into it, she suggests the detours! Sometimes I have to rein her in -- "That puts us out of the way enough to need two more hotel nights!" o_O

Reactions: Big Earl
“Supercharger Count is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged, whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger).”

So, yes, I give Macy her due. Most dog SCs. Even though she couldn’t plug in.

However, how does this not work out for Dawn? She is 200 club for sure (not that she cares), and we’ve already postulated that a rental in China counts for those that rent a car and drive to SCs there.

Do I lose SCs when Dawn gets her Model 3 and I’m driving? No.

Awaiting the consensus. Think clearly.

I go back to one of my proposals for the rule change that you can count the charger if you were the one "who drove 50%+ of the distance to reach that charger." You shouldn't drive it 600 miles to Mt Shasta and then she hops in and drives it 4 miles to a charger and gets to count that one as hers. If she drove 51% of the total distance to Mt Shasta then yes I'd say she can count it (but you couldn't).

I don't have this issue as my wife is perfectly content as a passenger instead of driving and she normally flies to far away locations while I drive but I don't feel the passenger should be allowed to count superchargers when they were chauffeured there and didn't do any of the driving. I don't know how much this impacts historical counts from folks who drive with more than 1 person whether it is a spouse or parent-child or neighbors, friends, whatever.

And yes, yes you shouldn't be counting superchargers that Dawn drives to in her Model 3 when you were just the passenger. I certainly hope this isn't how you've been counting your supercharger visits (if she has driven the S around and you rode around for hundreds of miles).

For the "51% of distance covered to supercharger" it probably has some grey area. For example, if both of you have already visited all superchargers west of the Mississippi and were visiting Chicago, then I suppose you could drive ~2,000 miles to Miner, MO and the final 400 miles is the only "new area" so she could drive 205 miles and you could drive 195 miles and she'd get to count the Chicago locations. Grey area for sure but it's worth discussing for yourself and others.

Come on, guys, there are no Judges or Referees here. If you feel you should count it, then count it. If you feel guilty about counting it (such as you arrive only to find out the Supercharger is off-line and you can not charge, then don't. If you actually plug it in and find out there is no electricity, try a few more, just in case. If you have gone through this effort and feel that you should be able to count it, then by all means count it.

This is for fun, recognizing those who have taken the effort to visit many, sometimes out of the way, superchargers. If you visit it, and you want to count it, then please do so. You did visit it.

If both you and your spouse or partner visited the supercharger and both wish to count it, then you did visit it, so count it.

I have visited the new San Diego Downtown Urban Supercharger several times checking on the status. It is still not on-line so I do not feel to count it. However, the moment is comes on-line I will be down there, hope to be the first, and I WILL count it.

jmho

<snip>If you feel guilty about counting it (such as you arrive only to find out the Supercharger is off-line and you can not charge, then don't. If you actually plug it in and find out there is no electricity, try a few more, just in case. If you have gone through this effort and feel that you should be able to count it, then by all means count it.<snip>

I disagree with this. I drove through the Rockies last year and had enough charge at Silverthorne that I stopped by for a few photos but didn't charge, drove up and over Independence Pass and had enough charge at Glenwood Springs and took some photos but didn't charge, and finally charged up in Grand Junction.

Since the rules state that you need to physically plugin and receive electricity, I ended up making a sizable side-trip (1,200 mile side-trip on a 12,000 mile road trip) on my way across the states lately just so I could officially add Glenwood Springs and Silverthorne since I wasn't able to count them on my first visit through here.

Back then, I didn't know about this game or the rules so I just stopped for some photos and to me that counted as visiting the location but the game is more about charging at each location not merely taking a selfie there and moving on.

If people are counting non-charging visits as part of their locations visited (which they shouldn't) then it is on their conscious. I've never done that and have only counted legitimate locations where I've been able to charge.

I had to look up "Flat Stanley." Guess I was too old to partake of this series of adventures when they were published. And we were more into Dr. Seuss and Curious George and Hardy Boys when our son was young and keen.

Meanwhile, back to what qualifies for the lists--

Graffi is right: there are no arbiters, referees, or official rule books. We are all not only on the honor system, but also must aspire to good faith efforts to add another notch to our belt. Personally, spending 2 minutes each at a dozen or so Superchargers in a metropolitan area just to add them is not in the spirit of the competition. The network was to enable "long-distance traveling," then adjusted to allow locals without home charging. Yet I do understand the dreaded slippery slope of determining what would be a reasonable approach. This no holds barred approach seems the least worst (even though I would never dream of adding to my modest total in such a fashion.)

Moreover, it is difficult to impose a minimum driving threshold if two members share the driving responsibilities.

So, I think this just boils down to a good-faith effort on all of us. If I were to visit a new Supercharger that showed as operational on the touchscreen on two different days, and both times it was kaput, I would fell justified in adding it to my total, even though I was unable to score any juice. And you may disagree!

On the one hand, I agree that the contest is just for fun and we are on the honor system, but I generally agree with Darren's take on what the rules should be. If you don't get any electrons, you can't count it. We've all had some tough breaks in that regard. It is what it is and it's part of the game. No different than weather affecting a sporting event or something similar.

As far as couples, if they travel together 100% of the time, I would have no problem just putting the couple on the list as a team. In NKYTA's case, I think it sounds like he's in the car 100% of the time and the wife is only with him sometimes. If that's the case, then I think it's correct to just have an NKYTA entry and leave the wife off the list which is how it is right now. It gets more complicated if the husband is solo 20% of the time, the wife is solo 20% of the time and they drive together 60% of the time. In that case, I guess they would each need separate lists if they both wished to compete. It wouldn't be fair to let them zoom up the charts as a couple when neither one of them had even been to all the superchargers listed.

Lastly, while hitting all the superchargers in metro areas may not be much fun, I view it as part of the game. It's inevitable that people will stop and plug in for 2 minutes at all the locations. It wouldn't make any sense that they would be required to drive around even MORE in places like LA, NYC and Chicago just to earn the supercharger visit. That would be even more silly. If I had it my way all of the superchargers would be rural and we would be enjoying leisurely country drives all around the country 100% of the time, but that just isn't the case.

Come on, guys, there are no Judges or Referees here. If you feel you should count it, then count it. If you feel guilty about counting it (such as you arrive only to find out the Supercharger is off-line and you can not charge, then don't. If you actually plug it in and find out there is no electricity, try a few more, just in case. If you have gone through this effort and feel that you should be able to count it, then by all means count it.
I liked the overall intent of this post, with the caveat that "electrons must flow for the count to grow".

On the one hand, I agree that the contest is just for fun and we are on the honor system, but I generally agree with Darren's take on what the rules should be. If you don't get any electrons, you can't count it. We've all had some tough breaks in that regard. It is what it is and it's part of the game. No different than weather affecting a sporting event or something similar.

As far as couples, if they travel together 100% of the time, I would have no problem just putting the couple on the list as a team. In NKYTA's case, I think it sounds like he's in the car 100% of the time and the wife is only with him sometimes. If that's the case, then I think it's correct to just have an NKYTA entry and leave the wife off the list which is how it is right now. It gets more complicated if the husband is solo 20% of the time, the wife is solo 20% of the time and they drive together 60% of the time. In that case, I guess they would each need separate lists if they both wished to compete. It wouldn't be fair to let them zoom up the charts as a couple when neither one of them had even been to all the superchargers listed.

Lastly, while hitting all the superchargers in metro areas may not be much fun, I view it as part of the game. It's inevitable that people will stop and plug in for 2 minutes at all the locations. It wouldn't make any sense that they would be required to drive around even MORE in places like LA, NYC and Chicago just to earn the supercharger visit. That would be even more silly. If I had it my way all of the superchargers would be rural and we would be enjoying leisurely country drives all around the country 100% of the time, but that just isn't the case.
I agree with Darren and PLUS EV. I've visited several Superchargers in MI & IL which were almost complete but not yet live, so have not counted them. I had to wait until a subsequent trip to actually charge there.

I thought I read somewhere there was a "10 minute rule" - had to charge for at least 10 minutes to count a supercharger.

At any rate, I have been doing that. Only a couple of times where I could have charged less than 10 mins anyway, but I have not been to CA in a couple of years where there are superchargers on every corner now.

I thought I read somewhere there was a "10 minute rule" - had to charge for at least 10 minutes to count a supercharger.

At any rate, I have been doing that. Only a couple of times where I could have charged less than 10 mins anyway, but I have not been to CA in a couple of years where there are superchargers on every corner now.

This wouldn't really be wise for someone with a Model 3 or a non-free supercharging S or X who is charged by the minute or kWh. I say as long as you plug in and receive power for even 1 second it should count.

This is why I had to revisit a few spots along I-70 in the Colorado Rockies recently as the last time I was there I didn't need a charge to reach Grand Junction so I only stopped at Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs for otitis of the location but never physically plugged in. I also didn't know about this 'game' so I was just enjoying visiting locations even if I didn't need them. I remedied that by visiting them a few weeks ago and charging at each one.

I visited Boulder as well but was 2 weeks too early.