Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
[In the voice of Walter Cronkite with the teletype machine printing in the background..]

We interrupt this broadcast for the following news bulletin: cpa is heading to the green pin in Albuquerque later this morning. We now return you to you regularly scheduled program.
What is a teletype machine and who is Walter Cronkite? Happy hunting!

So what were your final trip stats on this monumental excursion, @Thinkje ... 71 days and 679 new superchargers? Epic!
Stats for my latest trip:

35 days
15,393 miles
4,337 kWh
282 Wh/mi
485 new-to-me Superchargers

WCtripmap.jpeg

Check-ins for 2023-07-19
- Melegnano, Italy (#2270)
- Piacenza, Italy (#2271)
- Parma North, Italy (#2272)
- Campogalliano, Italy (#2273)
- Modena, Italy (#2274)
- Bologna Casalecchio di Reno, Italy (#2275)
- Barberino di Mugello, Italy (#2276)
- Firenze, Italy (#2277)
- Arezzo, Italy (#2278)
- Grosseto, Italy (#2279)
- Tarquinia, Italy (#2280)
- Roma - South West, Italy (#2281)
- Roma - Urban, Italy (#2282)
- Roma - North, Italy (#2283)

Check-ins for 2023-07-20
- Ceprano, Italy (#2284) (First to check-in)

This was a tougher day than expected. The directions to some of the Italian superchargers are not good. @Bredo was quite helpful in giving me some advice on some of them, but no amount of advise could have helped me in Rome. The driving in Rome was actually surprisingly easy. The supercharger hunting was just dreadful however.

The Southwest Rome supercharger was in the back of a Sheraton parking lot out on the periphery and was no problem.

The central Rome supercharger was in a modern garage and not too terribly hard to find. However, it scanned your plate and wanted you to insert a credit card to enter. I've had some problems with the card readers in Italy. I think maybe they don't recognize my American chip? Because whenever I can tap the card, it works, but about half the time when I have to insert a card it does not work. So I think it works when it reads the strip, but not the chip. And whenever I run into this issue, I have the same issue with *all* of my cards. So far, it hasn't been a huge problem because I've always been able to pay cash, but this garage was the exception. So I push the button, ask politely using simple English thinking they will just hear "Tesla supercharger" and open the gate for me. Instead the guy says like two words in English and then starts mumbling in Italian about how he can't speak English and so and so isn't here to help him. So then I attempt to explain the situation in my broken Italian. To his credit, he was quite receptive and after a little back and forth he says "I'll just open the gate for you. No problem." Then I hunt around a little, find the supercharger, plug in for a bit, and then go through the same process on the way out. He kept opening the wrong gate and letting other people out for free lol, but finally he opened my gate and I was off with a "Grazie."

Now, the Rome-North supercharger is where the fun *really* began. It literally took me over a half hour to find this supercharger. The Porta di Roma shopping center has a multi-level parking garage which probably takes up approximately a square kilometer footprint. It was big enough that hunting around on foot was not an option. I circled and circled and circled and couldn't find a damn thing. After a couple times around I finally see a Tesla logo with an arrow, and then a 2nd Tesla arrow sign but then the scent goes cold and I find myself in a part of the garage I've already been in before. It went on like this for another 20 minutes. I must have circled the entire structure and it's 8 different entrances 5 or 6 times. Sometimes I again found the Tesla arrow signs and sometimes I completely missed them. The only good thing is it was so late at night that after being polite initially, I decided that I would drive any which way I wanted to backtrack to the Tesla signs and start over until I found it. There were no gates or tickets or anything like that at least. OTOH, there was no one to buzz to ask where the f the supercharger was either. And there was no map of course. My phone stopped working earlier in the day, otherwise I would have tried to consult plugshare. Just an unreal clusterfuck of a supercharger. And if I had to go back and find it again, I'm not sure I could. I was ready to give up on it entirely until I realized I didn't have enough charge to get down the highway to Ceprano and back tracking to the Central Rome garage and buzzing the guy to ask him to life the gate for me twice more didn't seem like a good option either. So I persevered and eventually found it. It was literally the biggest relief in my supercharger hunting career. Happy I don't have to go back to that one. I can't imagine that anyone will use it since it's basically impossible to find lol.

I'll be a late arrival in Naples tonight. Need to skip the Afragola supercharger since it says you need to call to be let in between the hours of 1am-6am. My phone miraculously started working again right after I found the Porta di Roma supercharger, but I don't really feel like dealing with that so I'm doing a long charge in Ceprano and driving straight to the hotel.

@PLUS EV - Were you using a credit card with Chip and PIN, or one with the US Chip and Signature? The rest of the world has been using Chip and PIN for decades (first introduced in 1993). I've used Canadian Chip and PIN cards in Europe many times. Maybe the card reader at the gate was allergic to Chip and Signature. I haven't yet travelled to Europe since we moved to the US, but I do plan to acquire at least two credit cards with Chip and PIN before heading over.

I looked at Plugshare for the Porta di Roma charger - the text provides no useful info, except a link to a long forum thread in Italian. But the pictures have the perhaps important clue that the columns in the area of the charger are marked either "E23" or "E24". Of course that isn't too helpful if your phone refuses to play ball, or you can't get reception while in the bowels of the parking garage. The Tesla nav should to be eventually upgraded to provide all important info for difficult chargers.

Hopefully the rest of your trip goes more smoothly.

Today, July 19, 2023:

Albuquerque-Louisiana Blvd.

Albuquerque-Lang Ave NE**

Sta. Fe

Las Vegas

Clayton##

**I magically turned the green pin into red.

##Supercharge.info would not let me check in. Something about no authorization for my location. I had to scroll down through the list of all superchargers in order to force Clayton, NM into the correct field.

And, that’s the way it is, Wednesday, July 19, 2023. This is Walter Cronkite, CBS News, good night.

I looked at Plugshare for the Porta di Roma charger - the text provides no useful info, except a link to a long forum thread in Italian. But the pictures have the perhaps important clue that the columns in the area of the charger are marked either "E23" or "E24". Of course that isn't too helpful if your phone refuses to play ball, or you can't get reception while in the bowels of the parking garage. The Tesla nav should to be eventually upgraded to provide all important info for difficult chargers.

The story made me curious as well, so I looked at Google Maps and found the website for the shopping center. Translated by my browser, it told me "At parking lot -2 yellow, sector E24." On the satellite view of the map, that garage looks super-intimidating!

Reactions: StefanSarzio
@PLUS EV - Were you using a credit card with Chip and PIN, or one with the US Chip and Signature? The rest of the world has been using Chip and PIN for decades (first introduced in 1993). I've used Canadian Chip and PIN cards in Europe many times. Maybe the card reader at the gate was allergic to Chip and Signature. I haven't yet travelled to Europe since we moved to the US, but I do plan to acquire at least two credit cards with Chip and PIN before heading over.

The Nav actually did say it was in Sector E23. But there was no rhyme or reason to the order of the "Sectors" so it wasn't much help.

My credit card has a chip but no PIN. My debit cards all have chips and do have a PIN for ATM withdrawals but PIN is not typically required for purchases. I'm aware that the system they use here is a little different which I think might be why I'm having some issues. That being said I don't recall such issues back in 2019 traveling through northern Europe. Some of my cards didn't even have a chip back then (like you noted, US was very slow to adopt the chip). I've noticed other drivers having trouble with the same toll machines that I've had trouble with. And they were both from Eastern Europe (Slovakia and Poland), so that gives me more reason to suspect it is some type of incompatibility with foreign cards. 100% of the French toll machines worked for me, but only about 95% of the Italian machines seem to work. Also, the French machines were fairly uniform as they should be. The Italian toll tickets and payment machines seem to be a mish mash of many different systems. So annoying, but not at all surprising lol.

Completed the latest road trip today. Up to 272 now and mainly ones along my routes. My wife flew to WA to visit her family and I drove out on the top portion. I picked her up after visiting my family. We did various tourist stops on the way back ( Shoshone Falls in Twin Falls ID [The Niagara Of The West]; Tetons; Yellowstone; Beartooth highway; Custer State Park, Badlands, etc).

UPDATE: Total Miles Driven 5300; kWh Used 2169 kWh

Q9GwLv6.jpg

zs2vozY.jpg

M8yZJak.jpg

7qinXrg.jpg

Custer state park:
i73mmlC.jpg

Recommended route by ranger:
N3jAcUC.jpg

Needles - custer state park
0KgUPMT.jpg

badlands:
ijenYQD.jpg

Bn8fwQC.jpg

Check-ins for 2023-06-27
- Rochelle, IL (#242)
- Rockford - McFarland Rd, IL (#243)
- Janesville, WI (#244)
- Rochester, MN (#245)
- Albert Lea - Happy Trails Lane, MN (#246)

Check-ins for 2023-06-28
- Sherburn, MN (#247)
- Sioux Falls, SD (#248)
- Watertown, SD (#249)
- Sisseton, SD (#250)
- Fargo, ND (#251)
- Jamestown, ND (#252)
- Bismarck, ND (#253)

Check-ins for 2023-06-29
- Glendive, MT (#254)
- Miles City, MT (#255)

Check-ins for 2023-06-30
- Great Falls, MT (#256)

Check-ins for 2023-07-10
- St. Regis, MT (#257)
- Liberty Lake (SC), WA (#258)
- Spokane, WA (#259)
- Sprague, WA (#260)
- Pasco, WA (#261)

Check-ins for 2023-07-13
- Ontario, OR (#262)

Check-ins for 2023-07-14
- Burley, ID (#263)
- Pocatello, ID (#264)
- Idaho Falls, ID (#265)

Check-ins for 2023-07-17
- Wall, SD (#266)

Check-ins for 2023-07-18
- Oacoma, SD (#267)
- Sioux City - Southern Hills Dr, IA (#268)

Check-ins for 2023-07-19
- Shelby, IA (#269)
- Altoona, IA (#270)
- Grinnell, IA (#271)
- Bettendorf, IA (#272)

Last edited: