Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Thanksgiving folks! Drove back in my little exploration trip and missed a First south of South Tahoe but didn't have time to circle up today to get a 2nd, would have increase my 9 hour drive home +1 hour so gave up... but when I pulled up to Mojave charging I didn't realize there was 3 stations right next to each other. Can't make any sense but I did go charge at all 3 figure extra 10 minutes won't hurt moving between.

Check-ins for 2023-11-23
- Reno - Rancharrah Pkwy, NV (#170)
- Mammoth Lakes, CA (#171)
- Bishop, CA (#172) -- Had to manual insert forgot to checkin automatically until later
- Mojave - 16940 Hwy 14, CA (#173) - Why all 3 like next to each other?
- Mojave - 16870 CA-14, CA (#174)
- Mojave - CA-14, CA (#175)
- Palmdale - 10th St W, CA (#176)

I on the 210 driving by JPL heading East when I saw this in my headlights.

View attachment 993413

Followed it a few minutes before going off to charge a little before I head home in Pasadena and got rewarded by another sighting.

View attachment 993414

View attachment 993415

I think this was better than having turkey alone for dinner lol.
@evp saw the exact same Cybertruck at the Quartzsite supercharger today. Crazy.

I decided I would take a stab at clearing my home state this weekend, Here is Day 1.

Check-ins for 2023-11-24
- Laurinburg, NC (#416)
- Dillon, SC (#417)
- Wilmington - N College Rd, NC (#418)
- Jacksonville, NC (#419)
- Wallace, NC (#420)
- Warsaw - NC-24, NC (#421)
- Goldsboro, NC (#422)
- Greenville, NC (#423)
- Kinston, NC (#424)

At Wilmington - N College Rd, NC, there was a pile of the red Tesla signs still in one fo the spots, and at Goldsboro, NC, there was a pile of parking bumper in one of the spots.

I decided I would take a stab at clearing my home state this weekend, Here is Day 1.

Check-ins for 2023-11-24
- Laurinburg, NC (#416)
- Dillon, SC (#417)
- Wilmington - N College Rd, NC (#418)
- Jacksonville, NC (#419)
- Wallace, NC (#420)
- Warsaw - NC-24, NC (#421)
- Goldsboro, NC (#422)
- Greenville, NC (#423)
- Kinston, NC (#424)

At Wilmington - N College Rd, NC, there was a pile of the red Tesla signs still in one fo the spots, and at Goldsboro, NC, there was a pile of parking bumper in one of the spots.
Sounds like you could outfit your home garage!

Check-ins for 2023-11-24
- Port Alberni, BC (#2825)
- Nanaimo - N Island Hwy, BC (#2826)

Kind of annoyed that I made a ferry blunder that cost me 2-3 hours. I reserved a round-trip of Tsawwassen-Nanaimo-Tsawwassen and it's so not like me to do anything in advance, but the outbound boats were filling fast so I guess I panicked. Of course in the other direction they are not full so I should have just booked one way. I originally wanted to sweep the Vancouver superchargers and then take the Horseshoe Bay ferry, but it looked like I wouldn't be able to get back on the last boat, so I caught the earlier boat from Tsawwassen. But what I should have done is take the last boat from Nanaimo to Horseshoe Bay at 8:45pm on the way back, with the 10:45pm from Nanaimo to Tsawwassen that I actually reserved as backup. When I realized I could make the 8:45 boat, I sped all the way to the terminal okay with the fact that I might pay an extra fare, because I wanted to save the time and get home at 1am instead of 4am. Alas, I felt like a dummy because I had forgotten that the two boats use different ferry terminals in Nanaimo. So I had actually sped right past the proper terminal on the way to the empty terminal. Had I just gone to the correct one, there would have been no need for speeding. And by the time I learned my mistake it was too late, so I'm back waiting for the 10:45 that I originally reserved. Will be a late night but at least I'm going home to my own bed :)

Not much else to report. Was a very nice weather day for the time of year which is one of the reasons I made the trip. I normally would have stayed a night on Vancouver Island, but I have some things to be home for on Saturday so I'm trying to squeeze it in between that and Thanksgiving with the family. The clear skies did backfire in certain areas as it was still very foggy in the Everett, WA area even around 11:30am when I passed through. And Port Alberni looked like it had been socked in with fog all day. Both Port Alberni and Nanaimo had temps above freezing but the highway in between looked like it will probably be slick later. It was already below freezing along some of that stretch and the shoulder had some frost which looked like it hadn't melted since this morning.

Day 2 of the post-Thanksgiving trip

Check-ins for 2023-11-25
- New Bern, NC (#425)
- Plymouth, NC (#426)
- Nags Head, NC (#427)
- Kill Devil Hills, NC (#428)
- Chesapeake, VA (#429)
- Virginia Beach - Lynnhaven Pkwy, VA (#430)
- Virginia Beach, VA (#431)
- Portsmouth, VA (#432)
- Norfolk, VA (#433)
- Norfolk - N Military Hwy, VA (#434)
- Newport News, VA (#435)
- Williamsburg, VA (#436)

On a whim I stopped in at the Wright Brothers memorial between Kill Devil Hills and Kittyhawk. The ranger that gave the spiel culminating in that first day of flight did you great job. Never been before--growing up southeastern NC, we never made it up to the fancy beaches on the Outer Banks, and I have perpetuated the love of southern beaches to my kids. If you happen to go for the Outer Banks superchargers, this NP site is worth the visit.

wright_brothers_memorial.jpg

My post-Thanksgiving activities included a car control clinic (intended primarily for teenage drivers and their parents) at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, CA. Long story short, another family and us did a classic "California carpool" of six people in five cars to this event. I brought my Model X, it was the only Tesla there (the only other EV was a Ford Mach-E, brought by our friends). Apparently seeing a Model X on the skid pad was a bit of a novelty. Might write more about this whole experience in some other posting.

We stayed two nights in Sacramento, departing more-or-less separately this morning. I took a slightly indirect route back to the SF Bay Area. 😎

Check-ins for 2023-11-25
- Auburn, CA (repeat) <-- needed this to make it to Sparks
- Sparks, NV (#366)
- Reno - Element Ln, NV (#367)
- Reno - Rancharrah Pkwy, NV (#368)
- Stateline, NV (repeat) <-- needed this to complete my photo collection
- South Lake Tahoe, CA (#369)
- Vacaville - Browns Valley Pkwy, CA (#370)

Bruce.

Check-ins for 2023-11-25
- Richmond - Garden City Rd, BC (#2827)
- Coquitlam - United Blvd, BC (#2828) (First to check-in)
- Surrey - King George Blvd, BC (#2829)
- Surrey - 160th St, BC (#2830)

Back in 1st place!! (world)
You'd think my trip home from Surrey would have been uneventful considering I could have done it without even stopping to charge, but it was not.

The 2:30am border crossing went fine, but I figured I would do one more supercharge after crossing the border because I didn't want to do a long charge in Surrey and I figured I'd need to go to the bathroom at some point anyway. Well the only supercharger on the route with 24 hour facilities was the old supercharger in Burlington, so just after taking the world supercharger lead I ended up back at the very first supercharger I ever used which I thought was kind of funny.

I was shocked at how little traffic there was on I-5 between Bellingham and Burlington. I went 5-10 minutes a couple times without seeing another vehicle. Sure, it was the middle of the night on a holiday weekend, but this is I-5! Don't think I've ever had a stretch like that on I-5 in WA or CA, maybe in southern OR. But oddly enough, as I got off the exit, another Tesla pulled up behind me and followed me to the supercharger. The layout of this old supercharger is 1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B 4B and I'm sure you can all guess what happened. I pull into 4A and the Model 3 full of Canadians immediately pulls into 4B. Before I can even plug in, I get back in the car and re-park at 1B.

The plug didn't immediately want to go in all the way. I should have known better, but not wanting to re-park again, I pulled it out and plugged in again, this time shoving it in a little harder. It connected and started to charge. So into the store I go for the toilet and some snacks and back out to the car I come after a 10-minute top off. Lo and behold, the plug is now stuck in my chargeport! Ugh... I've had this happen on a few occasions with this car, but not in a long time. Usually with a few attempts, it comes out, but this time it's stuck in there pretty good just like the first time it happened in Yuma in 2019 when I literally had to put my foot up on the wheel well and pull with all my might to get it out.

Seeing me struggle, the Canadians leap out of the car to assist. "You just push the button on the handle and pull it out," they said, as if I might not know that. I explained that I've tried to open the chargeport in 3 or 4 different ways and the car says it is open, but the plug won't come out. Still they offer to assist. At this point I'm thinking "sure I've been to more superchargers than anyone in the world, but the guys who don't even know about pairing are going to help me solve this issue" :) I let them try a few times but they couldn't get it.

During this time I took the opportunity to call Tesla Roadside Assistance and was informed that I should call back during business hours. With as many cars as they have on the road, it is ridiculous that they don't have 24-hour support. At the very least they could forward us to the UK hotline or something.

So after the Canadians retreated back to their car and after giving up on Tesla Roadside, I decide to give it a few more tries before getting a room at the Fairfield Inn (host hotel). Somehow, on the 2nd or 3rd try, when I wasn't even pulling all that hard, the plug came free. With great relief I wrapped it around the top of the stall (I generally don't like it when people do this but getting stuck in the chargeport is fairly unforgiveable and wouldn't wish it on another driver), and drove the rest of the way home. As usual, I was somewhat nervous the next plug would get stuck in the chargeport as well but at least my next charge was at home. 2 days later and my UMC has had no issues.

I suspect one of the pins in my chargeport doesn't retract quite as much as it should and when it is combined with an old misshapen supercharger plug (perhaps from being run over or whatever), it can get stuck. And now that I think about it, I've only ever had this issue at v2 superchargers, so the fact that I'm almost always visiting new v3s these days might explain why it hasn't been an issue in so long. Anyways, I will chalk this up as one more issue I won't miss when I upgrade to a new car :)

@PLUS EV I had a similar problem at the Baton Rouge V2 supercharger last May. All 6 stalls were occupied when I arrived. After waiting 4 minutes, someone unplugged from the end stall (with no obvious difficulty) and I plugged in. Charging did not start and there was an error message saying "Charge port latch not engaged". I checked the pins and tried a couple more times. The last time, I leaned really hard on the plug and it clicked and started charging. I charged enough to make it to the New Orleans Service Center. When I tried to unplug, the charge port would not release the plug. I tried the buttons on the plug, the fob and the screen and nothing worked. Finally, I pulled with all my weight and it came out. By then, there were 4 vacant stalls so I moved to a different stall to gently test it and I had no problem plugging in and releasing. I decided to continue on without a service center visit and I have not had a problem since.

IMG_20230516_114205.jpg

A day trip around the middle of Minnesota to clear that part of the state. I'm leaving Tofte for a future trip when the days are longer and when there are, hopefully, more superchargers up that way. I'm hoping for Virginia or Grand Rapids sometime soon.

My best friend from high school joined me for the day. It was nice to catch up with him in this way.

The day started in blowing snow and pretty slick conditions on the way to Onamie and Little Falls. FSD was doing well, but I eventually took over because the lanes were completely covered. In Onamie, I had another instance where the car failed to start charging. I think it is the third or fourth time on this trip where it didn't start, or when it began charging but then stopped while I was going to the bathroom. I've not encountered this before and am wondering if these new sites are more finnicky somehow, or if there is something going on with my car. It's pretty annoying to be doing other things for 10 or 15 minutes only to find your car hadn't been charging at all. This must be what charging on the public network is like all of the time.

422 miles
Efficiency on this trip was horrible. Much of the time I was only getting about 50% of normal range.
Temps were about 28°F
Significant headwind (Little Falls to Fergus Falls)
Snow-covered roads for the first third of the trip

Check-ins for 2023-11-26
- Onamia, MN (#1457)
- Little Falls, MN (#1458)
- Fergus Falls, MN (#1459)

1701050611434.png

1701051129925.png