Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension work....UPDATE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I have a 2014 Model S 60, coil suspension, 120k km on it now, had 12k kms when I bought it. (was a service loaner)

Brought it in the other day as it's riding pretty rough when going over even small or medium bumps, but it's fine on a smooth road, no pull, no vibration.

Tesla says both front shocks are leaking fluid and they want to replace the front coil assembly on both sides. Parts are $1,034 per side, plus 1.5 hours labour, total with tax is going to run about $2500.

Questions...
1. Should my suspension really be failing at 120k kms?
2. Is the repair cost reasonable?
3. If I try and get it repaired at another non-Tesla shop, are they going to have to buy these same $1,034 parts (x2) from Tesla? Or is there possibly aftermarket parts available?
4. Should there be a cheaper way they can repair it?

Thanks guys!

Hi guys,

I have a 2014 Model S 60, coil suspension, 120k km on it now, had 12k kms when I bought it. (was a service loaner)

Brought it in the other day as it's riding pretty rough when going over even small or medium bumps, but it's fine on a smooth road, no pull, no vibration.

Tesla says both front shocks are leaking fluid and they want to replace the front coil assembly on both sides. Parts are $1,034 per side, plus 1.5 hours labour, total with tax is going to run about $2500.

Questions...
1. Should my suspension really be failing at 120k kms?
2. Is the repair cost reasonable?
3. If I try and get it repaired at another non-Tesla shop, are they going to have to buy these same $1,034 parts (x2) from Tesla? Or is there possibly aftermarket parts available?
4. Should there be a cheaper way they can repair it?

Thanks guys!
I have a 2014 Model S with the adjustable air suspension. Sounds shot!!!

Do you think a regular auto shop can fix this for me?

Ii hate dealing with Tesla SC....the employees are jerks