Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SW Updates have seemed to cease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here’s something interesting. Since I took delivery of my SR+ in early April of 2019, roughly 48 months ago, I have had 82 SW updates. They have roughly come every 2 weeks; some more some less. However, my last update was on 2/23. It was 23.2.12. Since that time, I have had no further updates and my 4 year bumper to bumper warranty expired, just coincidental of course. Since 23.2.12 came out on 2/17/23, there have been 4 new feature release and countless “bug fixes” releases. I’m not sure why my SW updates would have stopped, but it is interesting.

All Updates.jpg

You'll probably get 2023.12.1 very soon. I saw someone on YouTube with a similar year M3 also mention that it had been 70 days since their last update before getting 2023.12.1.

It does seem like after a flurry of software updates almost every 2 weeks in 2022, the updates in 2023 are coming about once a month (at least for my MYLR).

On two occasions my updates seemed long overdue. It was suggested here that a system reset (holding the two steering wheel buttons down for a while) might help initiate an update. On those two occasions, an update occurred within a day or so. Might have been a coincidence, but worth a try.

I am in exactly the same boat. Tracked in a spreadsheet just like yours. My guess is the most recent cycle of updates were prioritized for newer models without USS. I think they needed a bit more focus to get them up to par. I hope we return to getting updates every 3ish weeks.

There's another thread of similar complaints, folks 'stuck' on 2.12.. I'm not normally champing at the bit, but my bluetooth calling has an unusable echo/feedback effect on 2.12, and my display randomly freezes/restarts when driving, so it's a particularly buggy version to be stuck with for as long as I have been. It was a relief to borrow my mom's 2016 Nissan Leaf the other day, and have fully functional hands-free calling.

Yup: I'm happy for Tesla updates and I do expect them because it's part of the advertised Tesla experience. I specifically am looking forward to:
  1. Hopefully fixes for the echo/feedback issue. It's driving me nuts.
  2. My wife needs the larger text size
  3. Improved Apple Music player

The new Scroll wheel controls are a nice to have, but the other 3 I think are what I consider bug fixes. I see other 2020 models in the updates, so I'm assuming they are doing some A/B testing which is fine.

Yup: I'm happy for Tesla updates and I do expect them because it's part of the advertised Tesla experience. I specifically am looking forward to:
  1. Hopefully fixes for the echo/feedback issue. It's driving me nuts.
  2. My wife needs the larger text size
  3. Improved Apple Music player

The new Scroll wheel controls are a nice to have, but the other 3 I think are what I consider bug fixes. I see other 2020 models in the updates, so I'm assuming they are doing some A/B testing which is fine.
I'd even be happy with the ability to roll back to a previous version of the firmware.. it's one of the only electronic things I've ever owned that I'm now powerless to fix, cause I can't downgrade or upgrade at will.

Only going up to 2023.6.11? Not even 2023.12.1.1?

Better then me though, I’m still stuck on 2023.2.12 with no update available.
Nope, just a bump to 2023.6.11, but happy to report the calls I had to make on the way in to work this morning were safe, legal and without echo! Not sure why it took so long to just get bug fixes, considering my bugs have been pretty bad.. but here we are.