Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline 19s on a P3D+ rattling like crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve also been to CO detail. They’re great people and solid service. I have however been going to American Auto Enhancement for my needs recently. They’re right on S. Broadway and Arapahoe down the street from tesla.

Are they strictly a detailer, or do they do more mechanical things, such as lowering spring installations?

Edit: Never mind. I checked out their website.

Last edited:
i would like to announce so FANTASTIC NEWS to everyone: after thinking long and hard about all of your comments i reached out to T Sportline and told my story. they sent me a very nice email and agreed to my comprimise, which is to send me a new set of wheels and i will return the damaged ones (that were pryed off this past weekend). the new set they are sending doesn't even need adapaters! if you look at their website now they have pull-downs for the different Model 3 models, so different center based on model. this makes me very happy that they agreed to a full replacment and i will continue to do business with them. i know you guys may think i am being too forgiving, but i beleive in 2nd chances and they are making things right. thank you all for your support, and thanks T Sportline!! :)

Good to know that you will be receiving re-engineered wheels, however, you still may have damaged hubs due to forced fit on the lugs and hub assembly. I would recommend that you go to a Tesla service center and have your wheel hub inspected for damage. Tesla may deny related warranty claims.

Nonsense... the aftermarket company failed to test their wheels on the Performance Model 3.
T-Sportline is a Tesla only retailer and claims to be an expert in aftermarket wheels based on their published wheel guides...
The Tesla Model 3 Wheel and Tire Guide
The OP, P3D_Denver now has damaged hubs as a result of improper wheel fitment as shown in the photos above.
The incorrect wheel design had to be forcibly pried and hammered off the hub assembly and now will result in further wheel hub repairs by Tesla.
The 2-piece aluminum hub has been damaged and should be replaced... especially for a Performance model with intended track use.

img_0415-jpg.326824

• Informative
Reactions: hoang51
Good to know that you will be receiving re-engineered wheels, however, you still may have damaged hubs due to forced fit on the lugs and hub assembly. I would recommend that you go to a Tesla service center and have your wheel hub inspected for damage. Tesla may deny related warranty claims.
i had the tire shop inspect all hubs and lugs, no signs of galling/bending/hub damage/center bore damage. just some cosmetic damage from the pry tool -- you can see the scratches. after i took pics they sanded and smoothed out the scratches a tad. car is back on 20s and driving like a dream (aside from the angry pebble that got me good!)

thanks for your concern Flat6!!

i had the tire shop inspect all hubs and lugs, no signs of galling/bending/hub damage/center bore damage. just some cosmetic damage from the pry tool -- you can see the scratches. after i took pics they sanded and smoothed out the scratches a tad. car is back on 20s and driving like a dream (aside from the angry pebble that got me good!)

thanks for your concern Flat6!!

Out of curiosity, is the tire shop you used one who doesn't mind if old ladies walk up and throw tires through their windows? If so, did they seem to know what they were doing when it came to lifting points on the Model 3? Do they have Tesla specific adapters for their lifts?

Out of curiosity, is the tire shop you used one who doesn't mind if old ladies walk up and throw tires through their windows? If so, did they seem to know what they were doing when it came to lifting points on the Model 3? Do they have Tesla specific adapters for their lifts?
they called out the fitment as soon as they installed. i haven’t seen old ladies tossing tires. ;)

they called out the fitment as soon as they installed. i haven’t seen old ladies tossing tires. ;)

Okay, let me be more direct. Is this Discount, and do they seem to have their act together in regard to putting the Model 3 on a lift? :)

One of the things I am nervous about is mechanics and tires shops who don't understand the issue with being reckless on lifting points when it comes to Teslas.

Okay, let me be more direct. Is this Discount, and do they seem to have their act together in regard to putting the Model 3 on a lift? :)

One of the things I am nervous about is mechanics and tires shops who don't understand the issue with being reckless on lifting points when it comes to Teslas.
Le Schwab, they were very familiar with Teslas, for instance they knew 129lbs lug trq without even looking it up.

Le Schwab, they were very familiar with Teslas, for instance they knew 129lbs lug trq without even looking it up.

Gotcha. Thanks.

As an aside it looks from the picture like your rotor caps are removable and separate from the discs. If it were me I would probably make T Sportline buy me new caps, given it was their negligence that caused the damage, even if it is cosmetic only. From the one pic I see is looks like the hubs themselves were spared.

Then you could paint the new caps before you install them. G2 Brake Caliper Paint Systems :D

Reactions: FlatSix911

This is a good question. Would anyone get new tires at discount tire and be ok with them not messing up the lifting points?