Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor T Sportline 19x8.5" TST Wheels For Sale for the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the help of Al&Eds in West Hollywood, we were able to also procure a Grey Model S.

tst-grey-19-3.jpg

When you say "Fits with Factory 19" tires" does that mean the wheel has the same dimensions as the factory wheels? Or just similar enough to be compatible?

The wheels look great, I just really wish we had something that allowed us to use one of the 19" sizes the Michelin Pilot Super Sports come in.

You can use both the Michelin Primacy MXM4 or the Goodyear Eagle RS-A2 245/45-19" that comes on the factory 19x8" wheels.

Our Model TST is 19x8.5". Can anyone tell the difference on the curvature on the side wall of the tires from a 19x8 and a 19x85?

tst-grey-tesla-6.jpg

When you say "Fits with Factory 19" tires" does that mean the wheel has the same dimensions as the factory wheels? Or just similar enough to be compatible?

The wheels look great, I just really wish we had something that allowed us to use one of the 19" sizes the Michelin Pilot Super Sports come in.

Last edited:
Width is .5" greater.

Offset is +35 which pushes the wheel/tire out about 10mm. Adds a bit more of an aggressive stance to the look of the car.

And yes, an the 8.5" accommodates the 245/45-19" tire.

Yes, you mentioned that, but it doesn't really answer my question. Is the width and offset identical to stock, or simply similar enough to accommodate the stock tires?

Width is .5" greater.

Offset is +35 which pushes the wheel/tire out about 10mm. Adds a bit more of an aggressive stance to the look of the car.

And yes, an the 8.5" accommodates the 245/45-19" tire.

I stand corrected. I thought the OEM 19s were 8.0" wide. Your's are 8.5". I never realized the 21s were wider than the 19s, with the exception of the p85+ rears. But instead the front 21s are 8.5". Anywho I'm glad you went wider. Means I can put wider tires on :)

8eny4ybe.jpg

I stand corrected. I thought the OEM 19s were 8.0" wide. Your's are 8.5". I never realized the 21s were wider than the 19s, with the exception of the p85+ rears. But instead the front 21s are 8.5".

The 21" wheels are wider because the tread width on the 21" tires is wider. For best overall tire performance the rim width should be equal to the tread width (not the section width).

Note that the additional 20mm track increase (10 mm on each side) from the non-stock offset will be like adding 750 lbs to the bearing load (shared between both bearings). Not saying you shouldn't do it, just be aware and have the wheel bearing checked more frequently than normal.

The 21" tires are the same width as the 19s.... Both are 245 width with the exception of the plus rears that are 265.

I have a plus and therefore have the 21x9 rear wheels. I've been debating which tires to buy to replace my PS2's. It turns out that you can mount 245/ wide tires on the x9" rims. For example, per michelin's specs, the pilot super sport tires in 245/ can be mounted on a wheel between 8-9.5. Discovering this was in spec opened up many other tire options for my 9" wheel. There are not a lot of options in 265/.

The 21" tires are the same width as the 19s.... Both are 245 width with the exception of the plus rears that are 265.

The section width is the same, the tread width is not. Don't confuse the two. Section width is the widest part of the tire measured at the sidewall. Tread width is the part of the tire that touches the ground. Also the 245 is the "nominal section width"--actual measurement may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a plus and therefore have the 21x9 rear wheels. I've been debating which tires to buy to replace my PS2's. It turns out that you can mount 245/ wide tires on the x9" rims. For example, per michelin's specs, the pilot super sport tires in 245/ can be mounted on a wheel between 8-9.5. Discovering this was in spec opened up many other tire options for my 9" wheel. There are not a lot of options in 265/.

The range of rim widths is the permissible range of widths on which the tire can be mounted without damage. Not all permissible rim widths provide optimal tire performance.

The section width is the same, the tread width is not. Don't confuse the two. Section width is the widest part of the tire measured at the sidewall. Tread width is the part of the tire that touches the ground. Also the 245 is the "nominal section width"--actual measurement may vary.

- - - Updated - - -

The range of rim widths is the permissible range of widths on which the tire can be mounted without damage. Not all permissible rim widths provide optimal tire performance.

Fair enough. But for every day "spirited" driving do you think it makes much of a difference?

Fair enough. But for every day "spirited" driving do you think it makes much of a difference?

It could make a difference in an emergency situation.
It could alter the feel of the handling.
It could also make a difference in tire life as the extremes put additional stress on the belts and bead area and there is a possibility of odd wear.

Best way I can put it is that if you wear 9.5D shoe size, you can get by with 9.5E, 10C and a few others, but none will be quite as good as 9.5D.

All the permissible rim widths will be safe (the tire won't come apart or anything). Optimal results are when the tread width is equal to the rim width. In many cases this will be the measuring rim width. However, it's not always the case, particularly for low volume tire sizes. This occurs because tire manufacturers sometimes use the same mold for different sized tires and use a different measuring rim width so that the tire is within the allowable variation for the nominal dimensions.

As tire life is one of the things Model S owners post about, it's best to use as optimal a setup as possible.

Last edited:
On behalf of everyone at T Sportline we would like to thank the first 15 TMC members that purchased and reserved a set of our TST wheels.

This post marks the end of our free shipping promotion.

We are still accepting orders for our wheels. We are on schedule as originally mentioned for the wheels to arrive the week of April 21, 2014.

Please call us at 866.991.4776 to place your order.

Last edited: