Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor T Sportline 19x8.5" TST Wheels For Sale for the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On behalf of everyone at T Sportline we would like to thank the first 15 TMC members that purchased and reserved a set on out TST wheels.
This post marks the end of our free shipping promotion.
We are still accepting orders for our wheels. We are on schedule as originally mentioned for the wheels to arrive the week of April 21, 2014.
Please call us at 866.991.4776 to place your order.

How much is shipping going to be to NY?

Note that the additional 20mm track increase (10 mm on each side) from the non-stock offset will be like adding 750 lbs to the bearing load (shared between both bearings). Not saying you shouldn't do it, just be aware and have the wheel bearing checked more frequently than normal.

I'm not a tire/wheel guy by any stretch, but "adding 750lbs" seems like an awful lot - that's 15% or so of the total vehicle weight. Can someone help me with the physics here? (Note that per another post it's 5mm per side rather than 10, so I'd also like to know how much difference that makes.)

I'm not a tire/wheel guy by any stretch, but "adding 750lbs" seems like an awful lot - that's 15% or so of the total vehicle weight. Can someone help me with the physics here? (Note that per another post it's 5mm per side rather than 10, so I'd also like to know how much difference that makes.)

It would be about half that. I read wrong initially (10 mm each side, not 10 mm total). I thought it was a lot the first time I encountered it, but that is what the suspension engineers said.

silver-tst-grey-tesla-4.jpg

silver-tst-grey-tesla-5.jpg

May we see side by side straight on pics of the Silvers?

It's a little early to "move on." The wheels haven't even shipped yet.

My point wasn't clearly made. I mounted winters on the the standard OEM rims in the fall, thinking that I would find a good turbine solution by spring. Still driving those winters now and the temps are rising. I drive a fair amount daily and the winter tires will start to wear quickly now. If we don't hear that these wheels are starting to ship by the 25th, I' be moving on to purchase 19's somewhere else. Hey, I realize there are logistics to be dealt with here, especially on the first production run / shipment. I'm sure the vendor wants to have them available as much as I do.

My point wasn't clearly made. I mounted winters on the the standard OEM rims in the fall, thinking that I would find a good turbine solution by spring. Still driving those winters now and the temps are rising. I drive a fair amount daily and the winter tires will start to wear quickly now. If we don't hear that these wheels are starting to ship by the 25th, I' be moving on to purchase 19's somewhere else. Hey, I realize there are logistics to be dealt with here, especially on the first production run / shipment. I'm sure the vendor wants to have them available as much as I do.

They've said from the beginning that shipping will be this week, and they feel confident that it would happen. Is the feedback you want about the shipping? Or, did you want feedback on the actual wheels?

These are awesome. I already have the 19" cyclones. Given the cost of these new, I wonder how much they would be worth and if I could sell them to cover the cost of the change?

I bet you could find somebody with 21s who would buy your Cyclones for winter wheels. Though now that these are available, there is serious competition in that market. But for somebody who wants only OEM, the Cyclones are a good option.

@Tsportline
For those among us that like to dot our Is and cross our Ts regarding such things (including myself)...
Running with non-OEM wheels implies some risks relative to any future drama that happens with those wheels installed. Do they handle the stress of a heavy car with high torque like the Model S? Tesla has presumably done some testing to validate their OEM offerings.

What are your thoughts on such concerns? Thanks.

I am not usually a fan of wheels colored anything but silver, but those gunmetal ones are dead sexy. Would love to see them on a MC red car, if anyone puts together that particular combo.

I'm with ya JST...

Wish the gallery's white car didn't have all the mods on it so I could get a better feel for how they'd look on my car... Still think the silver look better, but the gray are a close second.

Decisions...

Edit: Would love to get some feedback from the early adopters...

Very nice wheels...I'd be torn between the gun metal and matt black (on a Grey Model S), but I suspect the latter would make me urgently need to black out all the chrome work....waiting for feedback, but these do look really nice, and close enough to 'factory'.