Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking people for rides

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my model 3 for three days.

In that time I've taken many people for rides. My parents, my friends, my teenage son's friends; tomorrow my missus' work colleagues, their friends and so on.

Today I caught a family getting very excited about the car, found them via social media and I'm taking them out for a ride tomorrow.

So in the interests of Tesla-evangelism; and keeping rides relatively modest (perhaps a couple of 0-60's if safe ;)), what aspects of the car do you recommend demonstrating and in what order?

Each demo so far has been about 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: Traguar
I've had my model 3 for three days.

In that time I've taken many people for rides. My parents, my friends, my teenage son's friends; tomorrow my missus' work colleagues, their friends and so on.

Today I caught a family getting very excited about the car, found them via social media and I'm taking them out for a ride tomorrow.

So in the interests of Tesla-evangelism; and keeping rides relatively modest (perhaps a couple of 0-60's if safe ;)), what aspects of the car do you recommend demonstrating and in what order?

Each demo so far has been about 15-20 minutes.
For me the Farting always gets a laugh, it's just so random !

• Funny
Reactions: OneTinyFish
Taking people who are not members of your household for trips in your car is irresponsible during the current pandemic.
It goes against all the advice for stopping the spread of covid-19 and puts yourself, your family and passengers at risk of infection.

I believe they live on an island which is clear and has different rules to the mainland UK.

I’d be slightly more concerned that you may be invalidating your insurance if your taking random people you don’t know on test drives since they usually look for any excuse to get out of paying.

You may want to reassess your 300-350 miles of range over the coming months...

Is 800Wh/mile necessarily a bad thing? ;)

Taking people who are not members of your household for trips in your car is irresponsible during the current pandemic.
It goes against all the advice for stopping the spread of covid-19 and puts yourself, your family and passengers at risk of infection.

Ah, apologies. No, I'm on the Isle of Man. We have different rules to the UK, stricter actually - but since we're covid clear in the community we can all operate as per pre-covid days. Our border is closed to the UK which is why I needed the third party agent to collect my car (and subsequently had to have it sitting in a carpark whilst any covid particles die off. I'm not sure it's effective, but who knows, I don't make the rules ;)).

I believe they live on an island which is clear and has different rules to the mainland UK.

I’d be slightly more concerned that you may be invalidating your insurance if your taking random people you don’t know on test drives since they usually look for any excuse to get out of paying.

You're absolutely right. They're not randomers, but friends and colleagues so far.

I think you should make it clear that you are in the Isle of Man and that the rules are different. In my area posting something like this is hopefully very likely to have the police at your door. In this area we have had enough of our MPs flouting the rules on trains.

We have had some 'keyworkers' jailed. Quite a few, that made the UK headlines. In particular, some local tramline keyworkers (tramlines, essential, really???) went into Tesco to get lunch despite being warned. They're currently in prison for 4 weeks and their families are not impressed.

I’m not sure you will impress any TT maniacs with speed and handling, but farts are always funny ...especially “falcon heavy”

You know, I think the M3 LR accelerates in a way that puts the majority of superbikes to shame. Four wheels, no torque losses during gear changes... It even shows motorbikes on the FSD visualisation!

Let them try it out for themselves.

Absolutely not!