Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tap on POI doesn’t work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The manual says that if you drop the pin or touch an existing pin on the map you can see info about the place, the phone number and working hours.

When I tap on the existing POI pins, it doesn’t show anything. If I drop the pin on top of the existing POI, it will sometimes show working hours, but not the name of the place or phone number. The only place where I was able to get all that info was when you access it from the search results.

I’m on software 2019.16.3.2. Is it working on other versions?

For me on 20.1, it only works when tapping on the pin when searching in the Navigate bar like you have indicated. Clicking on the grey pin in the results pops up the location on the map and things like hours, phone number, etc.

If I drop a pin by long pressing, I do get an address popup, but nothing contextual about the location like hours or phone number. I agree the manual is misleading, but may not be "wrong" as it does pop up the address. The part I think is misleading is the "touch an existing pin" part.
(page 104)
Drop a pin by pressing and holding your fingeranywhere on the map. When you drop a pin, or touch an existing pin, the chosen location is centered on the map, and a popup window provides information about the location."