Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit 2023 [The tax credit discussion thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sales at tesla said the only model thats most likely losing the eligibility is the standard model 3 since the battery is made in china. Anything else still valid for now until March 31, and depends on any new updates from IRA on or after April 1, that might change but in between now and mar 31, everything will be qualify for the rebates - under 55k for model 3 and 80k for the model Y.

I went to the shop on sunday and just took whatever is available before the deadline and im taking delivery tomorrow.

hope it helps.

Reactions: GreenCoffee

This page has not been updated since the beginning of last month and question 4 is the relevant one.

Credits for New Clean Vehicles Purchased in 2023 or After | Internal Revenue Service
Also: Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 25-Jan-2023

May end up screwing around with leasing... ridiculous - if dealers get the credit so they can pass it on thru leasing, then they'll gouge most of it thru higher prices or worse lease terms! Maybe not Tesla - but definitely ford, toyota, etc......... Also - why the F.. should Hertz etc get the full credit and individuals not? Hertz has lobbyists I guess..

Edit: F*** Manchin, what an AH

I was thinking the same thing...

Well they still have a couple of days this week left to issue guidance.
Now that we're down to the wire is it safe to assume my Y EDD of 3-31 to 4-15 is not going to qualify unless I get a miracle VIN tomorrow/Fri? It's a base 7 seater

Any updates? 1 day left. I have postponed my used X delivery just in case Y comes thru tomorrow.

I did see 3rd row in inventory but it disappeared pretty quickly. I wonder if TSLA wont match VIN b/c it knows I have an X on order too. Y EDD 3/31-4/15 (tax day!)