Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vandacca

ReActive Member
Oct 13, 2014
Hamilton
It would appear that polarized glasses are a temporary solution to the windshield ghosting issue. However this is only a viable solution during the day since at night polarized glasses will be too dark to use (half the light is filtered out with polarized lenses).

Sadly, the ghosting is more of a problem at night.

I just wanted to let people know that I've tried a new lens out there called "Zeiss DriveSafe".

While these lenses may help with night driving, unfortunately they do not help with ghosting. The hunt continues...

P.S. I've heard that a tinted windscreen is supposed to help as well.

Reactions: njxman
I took delivery of my new X last week and the ghosting is still there compared to my sub 1000 VIN X from before. I will get the new X's windscreen tinted with photosynch as it did help with the ghosting on my old X.

Ho OzSimon!

Several owners of Model X have reported several warranty replacements of the front windshields, in the past, But there has also been a recent post concerning new tolerances for the windshields, which may change that...depending.

One of the reasons I cancelled my Model X order, and, BTW, I have a Model S, is that even if I had a windshield in the X that did not have the primary, secondary and tertiary images visible to me, there is no certaininty that, should the windshield have to be replaced, say due to a crack induced by highway debris, I would then have a secondary and tertiary imaging windshield.

Thnak you very much

FURY

My service center manager, pictured below, also says it's fine.

steve3.png

I have no X ghosting, but I have day and night S ghosting. I am certain it's the angle i view/sit as the glass has a tendency to rainbow as well, when catching the light at a certain angle on both vehicles. For me, I sit with my seat elevated in the X so less slope in my line of vision.

I'm shopping for an adult booster seat for the S. So far. I can only find them up to 40lbs. It's been awhile. ;)

I spoke to my SA and they know about the problem. Apparently it's a manufacturer from South America named APG or something like that. They know it's a problem, but have not been able to come up with the solution. I think it's just poor design or choice of company to be used because my neighbor just picked up a MS and he's complaining about the same thing. And this is a Model S, so I don't buy the argument of the angle / degree of extreme curvature of the glass that is the problem. The MS is much less curvy and I don't have this ghosting issue on my 3 yr old MS.

Just got word from the SC that my 4/22 delivered MX is within standard as well. The ghosting is really bad. In the 3 weeks since getting the vehicle I've gotten headaches while driving 3 different times. Feel totally fine getting in the car, drive 30 min, get out of the car with a bad headache. Headaches are not common for me.

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby
I have no X ghosting, but I have day and night S ghosting. I am certain it's the angle i view/sit as the glass has a tendency to rainbow as well, when catching the light at a certain angle on both vehicles. For me, I sit with my seat elevated in the X so less slope in my line of vision.

I'm shopping for an adult booster seat for the S. So far. I can only find them up to 40lbs. It's been awhile. ;)

It seems to me that you didn't even try... Top 5 Adult Booster Seats - Boldlist