Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Temporary car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Due to a change in circumstances I'm going to need a car earlier than expected: by the end of September. I've already agreed a sale on my current car at a fantastic price and on a set date, so I'm concerned I may need to get something temporary in the meantime if (or looking how many people are ahead of me, when) I don't get the Tesla for when I need it.

I know there are leasing companies where I can get a 28 day lease which I really hope would be sufficient. Of course, I could just get a banger and cross my fingers that it doesn't die on me.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas that could help?

Thanks

EVEZY are great: one month rolling rental, includes insurance and charging. Only issue may be getting a car as they have waiting lists. I have been really pleased with my i3 from them and have a Model 3 coming to tide me over until my long term lease is delivered, PM me if you want a referral code for £50 off first month.

EVEZY are great: one month rolling rental, includes insurance and charging. Only issue may be getting a car as they have waiting lists. I have been really pleased with my i3 from them and have a Model 3 coming to tide me over until my long term lease is delivered, PM me if you want a referral code for £50 off first month.

Looks good but I'm not really sure I understand the concept... Is it like pay as you go bike rental, but for EV cars? £289/month seems really cheap, even if it is a Zoe

Looks good but I'm not really sure I understand the concept... Is it like pay as you go bike rental, but for EV cars? £289/month seems really cheap, even if it is a Zoe

Yes, pretty much. It is a rolling 1 month rental. You have a 10 day notice period to cancel after the first month. Includes insurance maintenance polar charging and 1000 miles a month. The only downside is £1000 excess on the insurance though you can get insurance to cover the excess.

There is a long thread on the Speak EV forums if you want to read up.

Hi all

Due to a change in circumstances I'm going to need a car earlier than expected: by the end of September. I've already agreed a sale on my current car at a fantastic price and on a set date, so I'm concerned I may need to get something temporary in the meantime if (or looking how many people are ahead of me, when) I don't get the Tesla for when I need it.

I know there are leasing companies where I can get a 28 day lease which I really hope would be sufficient. Of course, I could just get a banger and cross my fingers that it doesn't die on me.

Does anyone have any experience or ideas that could help?

Thanks
I’m in the same boat where I might need a temporary car.

I looked at EVEzy, but as someone above replied, they don’t currently have any cars to rent, they are all taken.

Also looked at Drover, who offer monthly rental on ICE cars. They are cheap if you can commit to say, 6 months, but not very cheap for just a 1 month rolling.

The best deal I’ve managed to find is with Europcar. They do their smallest car (Fiat 500 or similar) for £12.49 per day on a contract initially for 28 days, then charged daily, up to a maximum of 80 days.

If you don’t need a car everyday of the week, look into Enterprise Car Club. That’s what i’ve been using for past 2 years in Edinburgh prior to the upcoming Model 3. Again, it really depends on the level of usage but worth looking into as an option.