Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 initial problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys

Can someone try and help with a couple of issues I’ve noticed.

Windscreen has lots of circular marks visible in the sun? Cleaned both sides thoroughly but not made a difference. Almost looks like the circles left after you stick on a sat Nav suction holder.

secondly, I need to turn my Bluetooth on/off on my phone when trying to unlock the car. I can’t just walk up to the car and open the door. Any way to fix this?

Thanks

A decent glass cleaner will shift it. Failing that gtechniq g4 or similar.

Some phones behave really badly with bluetooth unlock, although I don't think anyone's ever made a list (I've never had any issues so don't know if any of the internet 'cures' work either).

I've seen the robotic arm's suction cup marks on other cars. I can't say I've seen them on my 3, but I try not to look at it too closely lest I discover another quality issue. I've read that isopropyl alcohol and a Magic Eraser will do the trick, but can't say I've ever tried that. Use caution!

secondly, I need to turn my Bluetooth on/off on my phone when trying to unlock the car. I can’t just walk up to the car and open the door. Any way to fix this?
iphone? ... no idea (hate those things)
android? ...
if android the normal problem is aggressive backgrounding of the tesla app (and possiblilty bluetooth). you need to go into the apps settings and stop android from backgrounding the app and bluetooth while your at it. That fixes most of the problem.
Do a search, most people are aware of this now.

Have tried some glass cleaner. Have other products in garage so will try them tomorrow. Just a bit annoying

yes it’s an iPhone. It must be something similar to what you’ve explained. Will take a look thanks

Have tried some glass cleaner. Have other products in garage so will try them tomorrow. Just a bit annoying

yes it’s an iPhone. It must be something similar to what you’ve explained. Will take a look thanks
Had the same issue with bluetooth using my iphone. Switch the location to always on on my iphone when using the iphone. Not had an issue since. May drain the battery more on the iphone though

Make sure background app refresh is enabled for the Tesla app and that your phone is not in low power mode (this seems to disable background apps).

I’ll assume you don’t have airplane mode enabled as that disables Bluetooth and will stop the car unlocking and that your actually pressing a handle on the car? - unlike walk away locking the car won’t give any indication it’s open until you touch the handle.

Reactions: NewbieT
Sorry, Bluetooth is always on. When I go to the car and it doesn’t unlock, I turn my Bluetooth off and then back on. Remote entry now works fine. I don’t need to go into the app or anything.

Last edited: