Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about a bit more, the lack of rear window and a proper rear view mirror is a total nonstarter for me and anyone with a baby as you won’t be able to use that to keep an eye of them.

How anyone thought it was a good idea is beyond me

Get one of these and you can also use it to put your lipstick on whilst you're driving you silly sausage 🤣

s-l1600.png

• Funny
Reactions: Exy1
Drove a Nissan with a digital rear-view mirror like this for a few days. It was basically fine, and yes I did have a kid in the back. Having the benefit of a back window however, there were some situations where I preferred to have it in mirror mode as I found it easier to judge how far away things were. Mirror mode was also less distracting at night.

Must admit "I can't see my baby" is a pretty weak complaint when it's perfectly possible to mount a regular old suction cup mirror sourced from Amazon or Aliexpress or whatever.

You could even angle it directly at the baby and have it as its singular function rather than - as I often see - parents reorientating the actual rear view mirror to point at the baby so they end up seeing sweet FA out of the back anyway.

Reactions: Js1977
Did not have that experience with cars like NIO ET5 or ES8 - therir systems felt snappy and well thought out. Not as good as Tesla, but much preferable to for instance VW ID. or Merc EQS in my experience.
I was in one of these as an Uber in Olso a couple of weeks ago. Looked amazing inside. Apart from the crazy ‘cute’ digital assistant on the dashboard. That was odd

IMG_2061.jpeg

Anecdotally I find it interesting that those who have had a couple of Tesla’s are now moving away from them.

Reactions: thax1 and Kvitravn
Polestar 4 looks pretty great not gonna lie.

The whole coupe-dressed-as-a-mini-SUV is a bit weird, but it wears it well, it is a lovely looking thing in my opinion (I'm pretty much a fan of all of the Polestars to be honest).

Just configured one and it's not difficult to be knocking on the doors of £80k for the dual motor variant. Financing is at 6.9% so no concessions made there at all.

Just looking at the interior photos shows a level of quality you just don't get on Teslas. It's the little touches and accents etc. The seats look great.

I think the rear view thing is blown out of proportion (although I haven't heard people moaning about it too much yet). Apparently it's a wider view than you would normally get with a mirror, and as long as it doesn't lag then I don't see the downside. Surprised it hasn't been done before to be honest, the rear view mirror is a bit of an anachronism in a world where rear visibility is heavily compromised on a number of cars now.

Reactions: browellm and Obie
Must admit "I can't see my baby" is a pretty weak complaint when it's perfectly possible to mount a regular old suction cup mirror sourced from Amazon or Aliexpress or whatever.
Because suction cups are flawless and they never, ever fall off 🙄

It’s wild that instead of things improving, we’re discussing having to buy 3rd party stalks and rear view mirrors. It’s all going backwards instead of forwards.

It will certainly be a better view than most cars these days, specially with people at the back and Im inclined to agree with Quentin's view on it...

Motoring journalist Quentin Willson told Sky News: "Rear windows on cars have been getting smaller and smaller, and as more consumers want more voluptuous shapes... you have a problem, because the window gets smaller and smaller and you have to have more headroom.