Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla API for iOS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

If you are interested in developing apps to control your Tesla car you can now do it easier with the a swift library that i have developed on my free time.

The library was build using swift and can be downloaded here: GitHub - jonasman/TeslaSwift: Swift library to access the Tesla Model S API

If you have feedback let me know. I don't have any tesla car so i could not test it very well. If you wanna help with testing it go ahead :)

My future plan is to possibly create an app using this lib that would be great to use.

Reactions: u00mem9
This is an awesome start. I was hoping that with iOS10 and SiriKit we could get better Siri integration with our apps. I was disappointed to see that only 6 domains can be used. I think it would be awesome to build some Intents to startVehicle, honkHorn, etc.

Regardless, thanks for the groundwork and it is pretty awesome!

Hi,

Yesterday i implemented a sirikit app to do exactly that. But the problem is that to control the car with siri, CarPlay is required :( so no luck here.

This is an awesome start. I was hoping that with iOS10 and SiriKit we could get better Siri integration with our apps. I was disappointed to see that only 6 domains can be used. I think it would be awesome to build some Intents to startVehicle, honkHorn, etc.

Regardless, thanks for the groundwork and it is pretty awesome!

I was at WWDC and asked the people who made SiriKit about this specific use case for Tesla Toolbox (https://appsto.re/us/kmakcb.i) but you cannot interpret a custom domain.

You dont need custom .
Check out carplay intents. The prob is that it is quite useless in tesla usecase even if tesla added carplay it would work only when you arein the car and not at home.

I think there is no luck here :(

You dont need custom .
Check out carplay intents. The prob is that it is quite useless in tesla usecase even if tesla added carplay it would work only when you arein the car and not at home.

I think there is no luck here :(
Carplay's api doesn't even start to cover the capabilities you can do with Tesla's, and the only overlap I found was climate and a few small things. No sunroof, lights, doors, etc. It is mainly for music and interacting with the navigation system. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Intents/Conceptual/SiriIntegrationGuide/SiriDomains.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016875-CH9-SW14

Carplay's api doesn't even start to cover the capabilities you can do with Tesla's, and the only overlap I found was climate and a few small things. No sunroof, lights, doors, etc. It is mainly for music and interacting with the navigation system. https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/Intents/Conceptual/SiriIntegrationGuide/SiriDomains.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40016875-CH9-SW14
Ok now i got you. You wanted all commands :)

Yeah that's not gonna be possible.
I guess that asking apple for more commands might be one way. But again we are not Tesla so we have probably little power here. We also need the removal of the carplay requirement .

Are you able to build an app with SiriKit but apple won't accept it? Or you can't build it at all with the current SiriKit API? If you can build it, just not release it, we could sideload it onto our phones (for those of us with XCode)

Are you able to build an app with SiriKit but apple won't accept it? Or you can't build it at all with the current SiriKit API? If you can build it, just not release it, we could sideload it onto our phones (for those of us with XCode)
I've sort of built something using SiriKit, but using the messages intent as a proxy in which I send a message to "TeslaToolbox" to perform some function. Doubt it will get approved, but maybe in a future release Apple will be more lenient on SiriKit's functionality.

You cant build at all. SiriKit requires CarPlay to recognise car commands . Ex "start defroster" will only be recognised when carplay is connected. Tesla does not support it, so no luck here.

Using commands for messaging works but it sucks as UX. " send a message to Tesla via TeslaApp saying start the car" . This is prone to fail and it is using the api probably not in an Apple accepted way.