Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucid SUV prototype.

Lucid-Motors-electric-SUV-1.jpeg

Lucid-Motors-electric-SUV-3.jpeg

Lucid-Motors-electric-SUV-hero.jpg

That's actually pretty nice looking! But those rims are going to suffer some serious curb rash!

Some people in cyberspace are calling it a Ford Flex and Bentley Bentayga prices.

I have always liked the looks of the Flex and like Lucid SUV too.

Like SEXY some people are suggesting Air Earth Wind Fire for Lucid vehicle names.

I guess SUV should be Earth. Sports Car Fire and mainstream vehicle (crossover? Model Y type?) Wind?

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Some people in cyberspace are calling it a Ford Flex and Bentley Bentayga prices.

I have always liked the looks of the Flex and like Lucid SUV too.

Like SEXY some people are suggesting Air Earth Wind Fire for Lucid vehicle names.

I guess SUV should be Earth. Sports Car Fire and mainstream vehicle (crossover? Model Y type?) Wind?

Air Earth Wind Fire? Air and Wind seem kinda redundant, and normally an such elemental listing includes Water somewhere...

I agree, I suppose we'll see how many people buy a $100k minivan-esque SUV.

They used to buy them at a rate of ~50k/year although recently that has dropped to maybe 35k/year?

BTW Before someone has a baby heart attack at my guesstimate price I full expect the Lucid SUV Launch Edition to be ~$165k. Then fully loaded models right after that at ~$140k, and progressively drop in price as ramp up continues.

They used to buy them at a rate of ~50k/year although recently that has dropped to maybe 35k/year?

BTW Before someone has a baby heart attack at my guesstimate price I full expect the Lucid SUV Launch Edition to be ~$165k. Then fully loaded models right after that at ~$140k, and progressively drop in price as ramp up continues.

While I don't disagree that the MX wasn't the sexiest vehicle...as a previous owner, it looked a lot less minivanish than the Lucid.

I would never, and I mean never, buy that Lucid SUV as pictured. It's like a taller version of the Griswold family station wagon.

wagon-queen-family-truckster-1.png

I'm not just hating on Lucid, I like the looks and specs of the Air...but the SUV...nah.

• Funny
Reactions: pilotSteve
While I don't disagree that the MX wasn't the sexiest vehicle...as a previous owner, it looked a lot less minivanish than the Lucid.

I would never, and I mean never, buy that Lucid SUV as pictured. It's like a taller version of the Griswold family station wagon.

If you would have told me in 2015 than Toyota was building a Prius minivan then I first saw the Model X I would have sworn that was the Prius Minivan. What makes the exterior design not dorky is the Falcon Wing Doors. And you get that look only when the rear doors are open.

From just a design POV I would rather drive the Griswald Tankwagon than a Prius Minivan.

Reactions: Doggydogworld
If you would have told me in 2015 than Toyota was building a Prius minivan then I first saw the Model X I would have sworn that was the Prius Minivan. What makes the exterior design not dorky is the Falcon Wing Doors. And you get that look only when the rear doors are open.

From just a design POV I would rather drive the Griswald Tankwagon than a Prius Minivan.

Well, we leased the MX over the Pacifica PHEV, so I suppose I'd go with the Prius minivan in that scenario.

Toyota being a rather "prime" example, not everyone prioritizes aesthetics, so perhaps the Lucid SUV will sell well. Which would be great, but I just won't be one of the sales.

The Air is still a possibility.

Well, we leased the MX over the Pacifica PHEV, so I suppose I'd go with the Prius minivan in that scenario.

Toyota being a rather "prime" example, not everyone prioritizes aesthetics, so perhaps the Lucid SUV will sell well. Which would be great, but I just won't be one of the sales.

The Air is still a possibility.

IMO the Lucid will sell well to people that prioritize Looks and rear seat headroom/luggage space over aerodynamics and efficiency.

The Lucid SUV should still get ~450 miles of EPA range.