TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla blames MCU resets on Tesla Waze Website.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by SabrToothSqrl, May 24, 2018.

1. .jg.

.jg. Member

I use the teslawaze website quite frequently and have never had an unsolicited MCU reset. I have had to reset the MCU a few times, when the media player has frozen - usually when using Spotify.

2. ASUComputerGuy

ASUComputerGuy Supporting Member

Thanks @Shateam. That's exactly what I did; set it to google. I'll just have to wait and see if I get any more reboots. I am sad to hear about TeslaWaze going away. I was excited to see if it would work for me. I just hope Tesla gets their maps integrated with Waze and also gets the option to display the "live" weather layer. As always this user community is great. Thanks for all the info!

3. ericwol

ericwol Member

Correct, with the ,12 update the browser now continues running even if it is in sleep mode. It was hammerings my server up a million requests a day until I figured out what was going on. I updated the app that if your car has not moved in 10 mins, then I stop polling/updating.

I also had MCU lock ups, and it ended being my Android phone plugged into the cars USB port. I assume, it was trying to use my phone as a USB device and their USB drivers were hanging. I got a cigarette lighter charger and I have had no issues since then.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  4. AustinP

AustinP Member

Hi Eric,

Out of curiosity, is it only .12 or since .12 (so including the .18, ...) that the browser continues running?

Love your app, hope you find a way without Gmap

5. 3mp_kwh

3mp_kwh Active Member

#25 3mp_kwh, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    Two cars, both updated to 18.2.301aeee, both having sudden issues
    Both have mp3 gumsticks, neither actively uses waze

Her call drop frequency (Android over Bluetooth) went up
    Mine has self-reset MCU 3 times and I've initiated dual-thumbwheel resets twice.
    I haven't tried pulling the gumsticks. Loading errors happen at about the same rate. The first time I've ever had an MCU reset while on phone. I had to turn Bluetooth off, in order to save a call. Phone not plugged via USB (only lighter 12v, or its own battery)
    Odd Microsoft Login screen was the first browser image, after the last update. It asked for a Microsoft login. I don't even have MSoft bookmarked. The browser definitely picked up capability, actually being able to log into WSJ for instance. I do use it, and there's been some upgrading along with these other issues.

6. BestRadar

BestRadar Member

My screen reboots 1-2 times a week and I dont use the website. They are just making up excuses because they don't know the cause. Change the browser to Google.com and when it reboots again go back and tell them they were wrong.

7. MIT_S60

MIT_S60 Member

I've had those issues and never visited Tesla Waze. The service center even asked me to send a video when my dash showed 0 odometer.

8. cybergates

cybergates Member

on 2018.18 i used the teslawaze site about 5 times in the past week. I locked up twice and had to reboot the screen (everything frozen) as soon as the site loaded.

9. nexusone

nexusone Member

It's a good thing that Tesla isn't a software company... oh wait... nevermind.

10. Icey

Icey Member

Move to Australia... You don't get it!

• Funny x 1
  11. brkaus

brkaus Well-Known Member

I’d love to! Haven’t been there in 20 years, but it was great!

I’d gladly give up a browser to do that!

• Like x 1