Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Call: Offering Swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Red PUP with White Interior on order. Tesla called today to offer a Blue/black PUP. Said I'd think about it, but my Silver model 3 has a black interior and I felt like changing, plus my wife's S has the cream interior and it's noticeably cooler here in South FL.

Add to that the financial outlook and it seems like I'm better off waiting, but Blue was my #2 and I was concerned about the white interior durability.

Open to being talked into it...

I chatted with a Tesla rep after putting in my request for a trade-in quote, mentioning that at least one poster here put a trade-in request towards a MX and got a call shortly after, offering a MY for immediate delivery.
Answer was, "no inventory. We are fulfilling MY orders. Have a nice day." :(

I have a white on white LR AWD w/ 20” Induction wheels on order and waiting. A day or two before my account changed to asking for details, Tesla contacted me to offer a white performance w/ PUP, said I could take delivery the next day. I thought about it, but still want the white interior and while I’d like the performance model, this is the wife’s daily driver and for that we don’t need the 21” uberturbine wheels or the lowered suspension.

Tesla will call and make offers like this if they have cars coming in that someone either cancels or refuses delivery. They’ll just go down the line and see who wants them. The whole uncertainty with the pandemic is putting a huge damper on car sales and it’s a global / industry-wide thing. Model Y production is shut down and it’s probably going to be at least another 2 weeks before it’s back up and running in Fremont. Not holding my breath for my car, it might be a while. Had a VIN in my account, but it has disappeared.

I have a white on white LR AWD w/ 20” Induction wheels on order and waiting. A day or two before my account changed to asking for details, Tesla contacted me to offer a white performance w/ PUP, said I could take delivery the next day. I thought about it, but still want the white interior and while I’d like the performance model, this is the wife’s daily driver and for that we don’t need the 21” uberturbine wheels or the lowered suspension.

Tesla will call and make offers like this if they have cars coming in that someone either cancels or refuses delivery. They’ll just go down the line and see who wants them. The whole uncertainty with the pandemic is putting a huge damper on car sales and it’s a global / industry-wide thing. Model Y production is shut down and it’s probably going to be at least another 2 weeks before it’s back up and running in Fremont. Not holding my breath for my car, it might be a while. Had a VIN in my account, but it has disappeared.
Same thing happened to me in Maryland,, I was offered blk interior and I turned it down. I wanted white on my model 3 and didn’t do it so I’m not giving in on MY ! Guess we need to just ride this out !

I have a Red/Black AWD w/20's, FSD ordered but would be OK with an MSM, same config. Wish there was someone to actually contact and tell them that - might be able to speed things up. But I'm sure swaps are very location specific....

In 2016... I had an S on order, a few days after receiving my VIN for that order a sales advisor called me and offered me a similar inventory vehicle. I ended up taking them up on that offer. It was an end of quarter sales push... the delivery of my original order wouldn’t have occurred until the next quarter. All that said, that was 2016 and I’m not sure what is standard practice these days.

I got a similar call, have a white MYP on order. Said the delivery center had a grey (msm) vin 878 (strange it’s low and not already taken) that was ready to go. I did say yes at first but then changed my mind going back to white. My current TM3 is MSM, want a diff color.

I was offered a swap, for one with white interior. BUT, at the end, Tesla says if I take the new order, I would have to pay the NEW price, as in new pricing for FSD, which is now $7k as oppose to $5k when I originally ordered it. The removal of white interior would save me $1k. I ask for a detailed pricing breakdown and never heard back. So I'll wait out the covid-19 shutdown and get my white interior instead.

-ThinkMac-

Have a Red PUP with White Interior on order. Tesla called today to offer a Blue/black PUP. Said I'd think about it, but my Silver model 3 has a black interior and I felt like changing, plus my wife's S has the cream interior and it's noticeably cooler here in South FL.

Add to that the financial outlook and it seems like I'm better off waiting, but Blue was my #2 and I was concerned about the white interior durability.

I have had the same challenge..i have a msm / black scheduled to pick up in west palm on Tuesday...
I really wanted to get the white interior for the heat factor but very concerned as my wife’s cars always turn blue on the seats from jeans..... i think i would be devastated to have the cool white all blueish from the jeans... i think.....

If i were in your shoes, I'd go for my Number One,
because....

If you go for Number 2, you will likely think of what Number 1 could have been....all the time. ;)

I was offered a swap, for one with white interior. BUT, at the end, Tesla says if I take the new order, I would have to pay the NEW price, as in new pricing for FSD, which is now $7k as oppose to $5k when I originally ordered it. The removal of white interior would save me $1k. I ask for a detailed pricing breakdown and never heard back. So I'll wait out the covid-19 shutdown and get my white interior instead.

-ThinkMac-
I got a swap call to change to black interior and they kept my original lower pricing, I just had to pay extra for blue exterior. He said my existing white interior would likely be delayed until May or later.

I have had the same challenge..i have a msm / black scheduled to pick up in west palm on Tuesday...
I really wanted to get the white interior for the heat factor but very concerned as my wife’s cars always turn blue on the seats from jeans..... i think i would be devastated to have the cool white all blueish from the jeans... i think.....

Check the car carefully. I went by the Okeechobee service center today and there are 4 Y's; 1 MSM performance, 2 MSM LR, and one Blue LR. The MSM performance has a noticeable door ding/dent on the driver's door. Hope they don't try to deliver it that way. Cars looked great otherwise...

• Informative
Reactions: unitrecord