Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla called and needs to replace my battery ASAP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a "3T" tesla owner (S85 2013-2018;X 2016-now,3 -2 months) In the first year that I owned the S85 I recieved a call that there was a problem with the battery and they wanted to replace it. I said it was working fine with no problems. I live in a state that bans service centers. They sent up a trailer with a loaner, returned my car a few days later with a new battery. It's no wonder that they have struggled with financials over the last 7 years while developing a supercharging network and taking care of customers.
Not perfect but the best cars I've ever owned and the best service I've ever received. There are some issues, but my message is "trust them"--they are good, work hard and will do their best to take care of you.

It’s definitely an adjustment. Very good to know, thank you!

The more I think about it the better I feel, you are correct. Also, I have put over 6k miles on this battery in only 10 weeks, it’ll be nice to have a fresh one

I was going to say that's the positive side of the news. You get a brand new battery!
I'm actually going on tomorrow to have them do the bootloader update.

This is much, much cooler than getting stuck in the middle of nowhere with a battery that won't charge (me in Yosemite) or a car out of juice. I have had to deal with a bad battery in my S, and was able to divert to a service center on a Sunday, and squeeze just enough electrons to make it.
This proactive action by Tesla is frankly awesome!

Reactions: PoitNarf