Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla CCS Adaptor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My search didn’t pull up anything. When I bought my 2023 MY in March, Tesla was selling the CCS adaptors on their site. Now that I’m looking to purchase, they are no longer on their site. Did Tesla stop selling the CCS adapters?

Are you aware that just in the past two weeks Ford and GM have announced that starting in 2024/2025 they will be supporting the North America Charging System standard (NACS). Tesla's charging connector uses NACS. CCS Combo 1 may soon be irrelevant if not obsolete. Already, you can purchase third-party CCS 1 adapters for Tesla vehicles on Amazon starting at under $100. I expect the price of the CCS 1 adapters to continue to drop. I recommend waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
but why does it show only for model X and S now?

CCS Combo 1 Adapter​

$175

This accessory requires a service retrofit (currently available for Model S and Model X). Schedule Service in the Tesla app.
The retrofit is only available for S/X without CCS compatibility. The adapter works with any Tesla with factory CCS compatibility.

The CCS Combo 1 Adapter is compatible with most Tesla vehicles, though some vehicles may require additional hardware. Sign in to the Tesla app to check your vehicle's compatibility and schedule a Service retrofit if needed.​
If a retrofit is required, the service visit will include installation at your preferred Tesla Service Center and one CCS Combo 1 Adapter.​
Note: For Model 3 and Model Y vehicles requiring a retrofit, please check back in mid-2023 for availability.

Reactions: ilovemytdi