Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla claims ordered MX is stolen...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,
Has anyone come across this situation before? Looking for advice. So I put a deposit down on a new inventory MX. Two weeks later the OA calls me up and says that the car was stolen by a Tesla employee, so they don't have it anymore. There are no more new inventory cars coming.. My OA found me couple others which are less spec-ed for more money! I asked him for the same discount as what I received in the car I tried to purchase and he was unresponsive.

Q: Do I have any recourse at all here?
Thank you in advance for any help!

Hey folks,
Has anyone come across this situation before? Looking for advice. So I put a deposit down on a new inventory MX. Two weeks later the OA calls me up and says that the car was stolen by a Tesla employee, so they don't have it anymore. There are no more new inventory cars coming.. My OA found me couple others which are less spec-ed for more money! I asked him for the same discount as what I received in the car I tried to purchase and he was unresponsive.

I doubt he meant “stolen” as in theft. He means another rep got to it before you did and sold it from under your deal. Thousands of reps can see the inventory cars available. First come first served, I imagine. I am a little surprised it took two weeks to figure out what happened. Sounds like your rep was asleep at the switch. I would think you could get your deposit back, if you are no longer interested in getting anything.

I doubt he meant “stolen” as in theft. He means another rep got to it before you did and sold it from under your deal. Thousands of reps can see the inventory cars available. First come first served, I imagine. I am a little surprised it took two weeks to figure out what happened. Sounds like your rep was asleep at the switch. I would think you could get your deposit back, if you are no longer interested in getting anything.

Not from what I understand. The moment you put a deposit down that removes it from the system. That's what I was told. of he never had a deposit down hes SOL.... well either way hes SOL.... LOL

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA