Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla coffee travel mugs don’t fit a S plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just bought the tesla 20 oz travel mug. No way will it fit in front or back cup holders in a 2022S plaid. Tesla web site shows it in cub holders. I asked to return it. Haven’t heard from them yet ?? Heads up folks
Yup, Jeez Louise! I just bought one after getting email they're back in stock. It does not fit my Feb 2022 MSLR. I submitted a return but did not get email notification with instructions.

Ha, maybe it's within spec! Maybe it'll be fixed with software update!

I'm only 15 minutes away from service center. Maybe I'll go there and see if they can help.

Last edited:
Yup, Jeez Louise! I just bought one after getting email they're back in stock. It does not fit my Feb 2022 MSLR. I submitted a return but did not get email notification with instructions.

I'm only 15 minutes away from service center. Maybe I'll go there and see if they can help.

I hear the car cover and rear sunshade don't fit the refresh either, and the tire pump can blow up as other items in the accessory socket since it puts out north of 15V...

Reactions: MIG25

Ha I like the software update fix. Good one. I just called Barkley card. They would have held the money back since they don’t respond to a return. Try your credit card. I won’t use Apple Card any more for anything except Apple products

Reactions: zoomer0056
Went to bank to dispute the credit card charge because my attempt to return the cup did not work in the app. I've returned other things thru the app with no problem. The bank suggested try calling first. I did. I told my story twice. The first guy passed me to a second guy who said a third guy would call in 24 hours. Stay tuned ...

Reactions: MIG25
Went to bank to dispute the credit card charge because my attempt to return the cup did not work in the app. I've returned other things thru the app with no problem. The bank suggested try calling first. I did. I told my story twice. The first guy passed me to a second guy who said a third guy would call in 24 hours. Stay tuned ...

It took me 9 weeks and a dozen calls to get my refund.

But I did it to discourage Tesla from trying to S**** the next customer

It took me 9 weeks and a dozen calls to get my refund.

But I did it to discourage Tesla from trying to S**** the next customer
So was it a refund from the bank or did tesla finally give you a return authorization?
Apple Card did nothing but I called Barkley card which I have. They said if tesla doesn’t respond for you to return the product they would file a dispute. I used Apple Card so I’m stuck but I know better next time

So was it a refund from the bank or did tesla finally give you a return authorization?
Apple Card did nothing but I called Barkley card which I have. They said if tesla doesn’t respond for you to return the product they would file a dispute. I used Apple Card so I’m stuck but I know better next time

They send me a check. I was stranded at the SvC because they refused to pay the tow truck. Had to pay with my CC.

Never paid my Uber either.

I bought a 21 Plaid and a friend bought a 22 MS. We noticed that the holders were different. His was smaller and would not hold my old cup I’ve used in previous MS’s for years. Still fits my 21. Clearly they changed it. Probably Tesla just didn’t notice the difference.

My car doesn’t have the Plaid symbol. It just says Plaid, which prefer.

• Informative
I was contacted today through email by Tesla. Just as they said, within 24 hours. I asked for return instructions. I told my story and sent them "color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant.
20230427_133825.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I was contacted today through email by Tesla. Just as they said, within 24 hours. I asked for return instructions. I told my story and sent them "color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant.View attachment 932462

But did they make ya pick up the garbage?

• Funny
I was contacted today through email by Tesla. Just as they said, within 24 hours. I asked for return instructions. I told my story and sent them "color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence" Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant.View attachment 932462
Well I hope you get a return authorization and they pay the shipping. No way will that fit

What plaid year is that and is it a 20oz mug?
mine was a 2022 S plaid

no way will it fit
Can you post a picture as an artifact for anyone looking for a definitive answer to the OP's statement?
It's a 2023 Plaid (it has the larger back screen because of the smaller bezel) and I have the 22oz and 14oz travel mugs. Both fit into the cupholders. The 14oz is slightly smaller in diameter, therefore the 22oz is more of a snug fit.

Attachments

• Plaid travel mug.png
    Plaid travel mug.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 142