Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla continues to add more New/Inventory cars for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your new X have the PUP? If so, tell me how you'd be willing to pay me to fly out and drive it back for you. :D
I’m not familiar with all the Tesla jargon yet. By PUP you mean premium upgrade? Not sure but there’s Premium Interior and Lighting listed in the specs.

Don’t joke about picking it up. I’m actually considering paying someone to do it.

Attachments

• 7C625A72-F20B-4EA1-AE45-A9DBBF044841.png
    7C625A72-F20B-4EA1-AE45-A9DBBF044841.png
    288 KB · Views: 77
Just put a deposit down on a Model X after NOT getting a callback for the longest time. Found it through ev-CPO as well (thanks to whoever runs that site!).

Congrats, and you're welcome! :)

I have a tight schedule and won’t be able to drive 2800 miles to pick it up anytime soon. Does Tesla allow shipping companies to pick up and deliver? Haven’t heard back from the used car person.

Yes, I think that's the idea. People have said that Tesla will work with a shipping company you hire and arrange to pick up the car and deliver it to you. Or you can hire someone to just pick it up and drive it back.

Just be aware that if the car is in California, they'll likely collect CA sales tax, which depending on your state, you may be able to claim as a credit against your state tax when you register.

I’m not familiar with all the Tesla jargon yet. By PUP you mean premium upgrade? Not sure but there’s Premium Interior and Lighting listed in the specs.

Don’t joke about picking it up. I’m actually considering paying someone to do it.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think to get the auto-presenting doors, you have to get the PUP (and yes, that's Premium Upgrade Package). I had a loaner for 2 weeks that had those doors, and man, it is SO nice!! That's the main reason I would consider driving it to you - to enjoy those doors again! (and all the other nice features too of course).

People have been able to get deposits moved to other cars (new or used). Under certain circumstances, people have had the deposits refunded, but it takes quite a bit of time to process.

Here’s my experience if it helps anyone. I put a deposit down on a vehicle and was contacted about 3 days later (it was Friday, so I can excuse the delay on the weekend).

Once the CPO (used car) advisor contacted me, I requested pictures and called him to discuss. We both saw a dent on the rear quarter panel and The vehicle did not meet my expectations, so I told him I was going to pass. He said I can move my deposit or they can hold it until I find a car I like, and I asked if they can refund it. He said no problem, but it takes 10 days or so for it to clear.

I then proceeded to request pictures on about 8 different vehicles in my local area. He continued to work with me until I found a vehicle I was happy with and I finally found one and moved my deposit down.

Just took delivery last week and very happy with the vehicle. It took some time and it took putting a deposit down to get a dedicated CPO advisor to work with me, but all in all, the process was not the nightmare I’ve been reading about that others experiences.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Pics of first car.
Dropbox - P65367 - Mid. Silver MS P85D - Simplify your life

Pics of car I finally bought
Dropbox - P62975 - Simplify your life

Pics of others for reference. The one complaint I have is the inconsistency in picture quality and detail. There are a few with detailed shots of damage or concern areas. I wish all the photo sets were like these.

5YJSA4H24FFP73793 - Dropbox - P73793 - Simplify your life

5YJSA4H42FF098026 - WeGoLook Tesla Location - Vehicle Condition Report: Job #7499 5115

5YJSA1H29FFP79927 - Dropbox - P79927 - Simplify your life

5YJSA1H22EFP63020 - Dropbox - P63020 - Simplify your life

Have you gotten pictures of it yet? Do you know the condition? Congrats and good luck!
There’s a few scuffs and a rock chip on the rear of the windshield which the advisor said are all cosmetic. He says it passed all safety standards when I asked about whether it will affect integrity. Which still makes me nervous since I’m assuming it’s an expensive fix if it needs replacement. I wonder if Tesla will replace it so.

Tesla's CPO program has become a total joke.

Pretty much every car I was sent was damaged.

I wanted to drive to Seattle to actually look at two cars I was interested in but I was told that they do not allow that. You cannot look or drive any CPO until you pay for it.

I can understand not refurbishing cars but not allowing someone to at least look at a car is just pathetic.

i gave up on my search for a CPO because of their terrible customer service around the buying process and the lack of information on the process, and put a deposit down for the new model 3 MR that kinda fit my budget

le sigh lemur.

Here’s my experience if it helps anyone. I put a deposit down on a vehicle and was contacted about 3 days later (it was Friday, so I can excuse the delay on the weekend).

Once the CPO (used car) advisor contacted me, I requested pictures and called him to discuss. We both saw a dent on the rear quarter panel and The vehicle did not meet my expectations, so I told him I was going to pass. He said I can move my deposit or they can hold it until I find a car I like, and I asked if they can refund it. He said no problem, but it takes 10 days or so for it to clear.

I then proceeded to request pictures on about 8 different vehicles in my local area. He continued to work with me until I found a vehicle I was happy with and I finally found one and moved my deposit down.

Just took delivery last week and very happy with the vehicle. It took some time and it took putting a deposit down to get a dedicated CPO advisor to work with me, but all in all, the process was not the nightmare I’ve been reading about that others experiences.

Good luck and hope this helps!

Pics of first car.
Dropbox - P65367 - Mid. Silver MS P85D - Simplify your life

Pics of car I finally bought
Dropbox - P62975 - Simplify your life

Pics of others for reference. The one complaint I have is the inconsistency in picture quality and detail. There are a few with detailed shots of damage or concern areas. I wish all the photo sets were like these.

5YJSA4H24FFP73793 - Dropbox - P73793 - Simplify your life

5YJSA4H42FF098026 - WeGoLook Tesla Location - Vehicle Condition Report: Job #7499 5115

5YJSA1H29FFP79927 - Dropbox - P79927 - Simplify your life

5YJSA1H22EFP63020 - Dropbox - P63020 - Simplify your life

Beautiful car in great color combination. We LOVE our fully optioned "inventory" Ludicrous 2015 P85D... and I'm sure you'll love yours!

Reactions: MC408