Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Cybertruck in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The orders must be queued to get to your account. The triple reservation I made 4 hours ago just showed up in my account and allowed me to edit it.

I also made a dual motor reservation < 1 hour ago, and that hasn't hit the account yet.

TLDR: be patient.

The only AU pricing shown was $AUD 8500 for the FSD option.

Oh God, that is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Will it even fit on roads in Aust? Definitely not in parking spaces. The specs, price etc are all awesome but why in that package! They will sell some no doubt, but I can't see that being a mass market vehicle that helps Tesla at all.
To be fair parking spaces are no issue. It will park itself, and if the other adjoining cars open their doors into it, well it wont matter

Fair to say this vehicle is polarising :rolleyes: to me it looks like a bit of an indulgence / vanity product on the part of Elon and doesn’t massively help the mission of transitioning the world to sustainable transportation, simply because of the risk of it having low market appeal among those who actually use trucks for their businesses. I guess time will tell.

I see no value in suburban mum and dad buying one of these - it will just make our roads look even more aggressive/in your face/GOOMFW and I don’t see how that helps humanity.

A practical problem with it is reaching over the side to get something out of the tray - you won’t be able to, you’ll have to fetch it from the end. That could grow from being a minor to major annoyance day in, day out. It’s also, um, very big.

No deposit from me, but I was never in the market for a truck.

It's size is not that big a deal imho. It's probably about the size of a RAM, which is a big ute for Oz, but there are plenty of those around.
I wonder how it will go against the Rivian, which is about as large but a more conventional shape. And I wonder what the production version will look like, assuming the one in the video is a very basic prototype - you didn't see any interior views and just a quick look at the tray.
(and those broken windows! Ouch - first rule of demo is to test, test, test...)
I want that tesla quad bike though...

Fair to say this vehicle is polarising :rolleyes: to me it looks like a bit of an indulgence / vanity product on the part of Elon and doesn’t massively help the mission of transitioning the world to sustainable transportation, simply because of the risk of it having low market appeal among those who actually use trucks for their businesses. I guess time will tell.

I see no value in suburban mum and dad buying one of these - it will just make our roads look even more aggressive/in your face/GOOMFW and I don’t see how that helps humanity.

A practical problem with it is reaching over the side to get something out of the tray - you won’t be able to, you’ll have to fetch it from the end. That could grow from being a minor to major annoyance day in, day out. It’s also, um, very big.

No deposit from me, but I was never in the market for a truck.
Tradie utes have become vanity products, and very imposing. Wonder why that is?
Suburban ‘mum and dads’ buy suv’s.
Agree regarding the tray, however what we didnt get to see was the hieght when the suspension was fully lowered.
I also have no need for a ute with undentable doors and breakable glass, so no order from me.
The ute is a break from philosophy from tesla who have always kept their designs somewhat conservative. I think when S was launched Elon made a comment that the problem with electric so far is that they try too hard to look different and therefore dont have mass market appeal. The S proved that to be true. This truck will tell us if the market has changed yet.
That quad bike though....might have to order one of those.

Suburban ‘mum and dads’ buy suv’s.
And an increasing number in the US are buying trucks now, to out-intimidate the SUV drivers. It’s an insane vehicle arms race.

We raised our 2 kids and transported them around in a hatchback and a boring sedan. Still do today (although that will change soon when we get an exciting sedan to replace our boring one ;)). Never “needed” an SUV.

Reactions: paulp