TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Tesla Delivers on Sundays?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by simplesolid, Dec 9, 2016.

1. simplesolid

simplesolid Model S 60 AP2 Glass Roof

I was told that my car will be here today (Friday) however they are all booked tomorrow (Sat) and that they don't do deliveries on Sunday, is that true?

I was hoping to get my car this weekend, is there anything I can do to get my car sooner than my appointment time?

Thanks,

2. xsi123

xsi123 Member

I was given options for delivery Saturday, Monday or Tuesday. So I guess it is true. No deliveries on Sundays.

3. simplesolid

Yep, kind of a bummer. I may have to travel for work and I wanted to pick it up sooner.
    Also not the very patient kind.

4. RichardL

RichardL Member

some of them do, at the end of the quarter - I picked up my X on a Sunday

5. Yinn

Yinn Member

It might also depend on where you are. Florida seems to allow it.

In my state it's illegal, some dealerships are open for service. But sales, delivery included is not allowed.

6. LilWanFu

LilWanFu Member

@simplesolid, are you Dania Beach, WPB, Dadeland, Orlando? I'm by Dania Beach. They couldn't have mine ready for a pickup today so I'm also looking at sometime next week.

7. 182RG

182RG Free The Service Manuals From Tyranny

I'll bet if EM needs to make a quarter, and the end is on a Sunday they would......

8. simplesolid

I am in Orlando and they won't do it today. Very disappointing, I am used to walk to dealerships and pick the car and drive away without much fuss as I complete all paperwork online so I just go sign and drive on my schedule. This in my book is not a positive delivery experience on Tesla's part.
    I guess not everyone is impatient as I am.

9. LilWanFu

LilWanFu Member

I just came back from the Dania Beach location--knowing that I couldn't see my car. I just had some research that I wanted to complete. My wife is very impatient. I, too, am used to walking in, making the deal, and driving out.