Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Energy Dedicated Advisors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought this was an interesting update worth sharing.. sorry if this has already been discussed but it's news to me!

I just finished getting solar + pw install last week. Today I emailed my permit certificate of approval to Tesla so they can start the interconnect process. I emailed it to [email protected] which is the generic address (some might call it a black hole). Later in the day I got an email back from someone saying that I now have a dedicated advisor for my project. They provided the persons name, email and direct phone number. Woah! I emailed them the document and they immediately responded saying they'd get it over to the right team.

I inquired further about the new arrangement and the advisor confirmed that going forward all current and future energy projects will have a dedicated advisor. That's a very promising change and something I wish I'd had from the beginning. I had to call a number of times and it was frustrating explaining the same thing to different people over and over.

I will be interested to hear how new projects are handled by these dedicated advisors. Hopefully it improves the service and communication. That was my only gripe with the whole process.

Reactions: Fred42
Wow this is welcome news. I was on the fence based on some of the comments here but thought that Tesla wouldn’t let this poor customer service last forever. I ironically gave them my $100 yesterday and uploaded photos this morning. I’ll detail my progress on this forum.

I thought this was an interesting update worth sharing.. sorry if this has already been discussed but it's news to me!

I just finished getting solar + pw install last week. Today I emailed my permit certificate of approval to Tesla so they can start the interconnect process. I emailed it to [email protected] which is the generic address (some might call it a black hole). Later in the day I got an email back from someone saying that I now have a dedicated advisor for my project. They provided the persons name, email and direct phone number. Woah! I emailed them the document and they immediately responded saying they'd get it over to the right team.

I inquired further about the new arrangement and the advisor confirmed that going forward all current and future energy projects will have a dedicated advisor. That's a very promising change and something I wish I'd had from the beginning. I had to call a number of times and it was frustrating explaining the same thing to different people over and over.

I will be interested to hear how new projects are handled by these dedicated advisors. Hopefully it improves the service and communication. That was my only gripe with the whole process.
How long did the whole process take? I keep on hearing about powerwall shortages

How long did the whole process take? I keep on hearing about powerwall shortages

Elon Musk: Tesla is working hard on increasing Powerwall production, as delivery delays extend to 2021 - Electrek

when we were scheduled back in June for an August date, the person commented that one month then wasn’t bad for our area. They said a Petaluma order had just been scheduled for much later in the year already. I do think in part it could depend on where you are and how local teams are booked out.

They had dedicated people several years ago when I had my solar installed (2018), may have been when just finishing the migration from SE. Glad to see restarting it! (Heck, I even had a dedicated sales person at Tyson’s who helped a lot getting things done!)

Glad to hear they are doing this. I know when Tesla called me after my install for feedback, that was the one thing I hammered them on (politely.) I feel like they should be able to accomplish this without too many additional resources - they do already have this pool of resources, they just are taking the extra step of assigning them to specific accounts. I'm sure it is a bit less efficient for Tesla, but I think it will pay dividends both in keeping customers happy and getting projects completed more efficiently.

A few days after committing to buy our SolarRoof in November, we got a call from our installation coordinator (part of the scheduling department). She has been there the whole time from scheduling initial on-site visits to updating us on the impact of the Covid-19 shutdown with our roof 1/2 completed. However, her ability to move things forward is limited, and sometimes I called up various places in both Tesla and our City's inspection department to advocate for our install.

So my point is it is nice to have a dedicated person to contact but be aware they are limited in their impact to get the bureaucracies moving.

I just tried calling Tesla and they now require you to enter the number for your advisor for pre-activated systems. I never received an advisor.

Now I am waiting 40 minutes on the post-activation line. I hope they don't try to transfer me back to the pre-activation line ;)

I will be interested to hear how new projects are handled by these dedicated advisors.
It is much better than the car side for sure. But turnover in Tesla is pretty high so expect you will get a new advisor periodically. I have had three over 9 months. And emails to the older advisors don't bounce so its good to cc a number of contacts at one time if you don't get a response in a few days from your dedicated advisor. I had this problem after a 3 month lag and the person I cc'd was quick to discover my advisor was no longer with the company and got me a replacement quickly for a post install issue.

I signed up for 2 Powerwalls on July 2 and submitted all paperwork and $100 same day. I received back the contract along with info saying 1-3 months for install. Last week I called Tesla and the gal who is a project manager advised me that I know have a dedicated point of contact along with her name, email and phone number. Latest they are telling me is that it could be end of year or early 2021. This is the year I really need that Fed Tax Credit.