Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
your prices are lock but they can absolutely, cancel orders, which they did with SR+ people.
So I'm in that same boat for a MYLR, profile not completed, i.e. I haven't put in info on trade in and financing. Should I complete at this point? I'm going to take delivery any time after 1/1/22 regardless of what's going on with this tax credit thing, just not sure if I complete the profile now if there is a chance they'll try to force me to take delivery before end of the year. Thoughts???

So I'm in that same boat for a MYLR, profile not completed, i.e. I haven't put in info on trade in and financing. Should I complete at this point? I'm going to take delivery any time after 1/1/22 regardless of what's going on with this tax credit thing, just not sure if I complete the profile now if there is a chance they'll try to force me to take delivery before end of the year. Thoughts???
i dont think they will force you take it but if you delay they can push you to the back of the line.

i dont think they will force you take it but if you delay they can push you to the back of the line.
Right, so I guess the question is: when will I get in "line," when I completely my profile? And if so, does it make sense to do that now (again with the aim of taking delivery as early as possible in 2022), or should I wait another month or so before completing the profile? Appreciate in advance any and all advice/experience.

I put my order on hold two weeks ago, speculating that this would pass. It hasn't yet but we are closer. I was worried that there would be a rush to put orders on hold after it passes and Tesla would stop allowing this in order to not tank their Q4 numbers.

Right, so I guess the question is: when will I get in "line," when I completely my profile? And if so, does it make sense to do that now (again with the aim of taking delivery as early as possible in 2022), or should I wait another month or so before completing the profile? Appreciate in advance any and all advice/experience.
I'm in the same boat, waiting to complete the profile but I think at this point it will be a 2022 pickup regardless. But there's always that chance like you said.

Hadn’t thought about this previously, but those of you who had November delivery dates likely ordered back in June. By putting deliver off until next year you might have the dubious honor of being the first Tesla owners to wait a full year from order date to getting delivery. Impressive without going through he pre-order process.

Hadn’t thought about this previously, but those of you who had November delivery dates likely ordered back in June. By putting deliver off until next year you might have the dubious honor of being the first Tesla owners to wait a full year from order date to getting delivery. Impressive without going through he pre-order process.
So I had talked to my SA about this a little while ago. Specifically the process and if you go to the back of the line of all orders. This is what I was told. Now as per the usual caveats who knows if this is actually how it will work now. But this is what my SA told me less than a month ago.
  1. Once your hold is removed, you receive priority to be matched to the next available car that fits your configuration.
  2. We can put your account on hold at any time without any negative ramifications. Even if you already have a VIN, we'll just unmatch you from it and give it to the next person in line.

There are literally tens of thousands of orders ahead of you. There's no way you'd end up with a VIN before 1/1.

Reactions: k.alexander
So I had talked to my SA about this a little while ago. Specifically the process and if you go to the back of the line of all orders. This is what I was told. Now as per the usual caveats who knows if this is actually how it will work now. But this is what my SA told me less than a month ago.
Yep, that is exactly what my SA told me as well. I got my VIN, but they released it and put on hold until 12/31. Now the question is (assuming this passes in its current form), should I release my hold on 12/31? Or maybe a week before that since they likely won't be able to deliver in 7 days....or would they, since they will have a lot of cars sitting around in parking lots on hold? Which I think they will...I can't imagine folks forgoing $10K just to take delivery earlier....that would be insane.

Exactly why people should take no action right now unless Tesla has sent a message that you’ve been assigned a VIN. Just hold steady until this is actually signed.
I don't disagree. That said, I've been following this pretty closely. This deal is all but done. It's a matter of a process now, and I think it will get done relatively soon.

Reactions: EvEv and alset3000
That's not necessarily true. I put an order on hold in April or May, released the hold in August when it was a 4-6 week wait, it's been almost 12 weeks.