Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla EV Tax Credits coming back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We knew this would come up at the COP26, aka the United Nations Climate Change Conference UK 2021.

"Representatives from the EU and its member states Poland, Sweden, Spain, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Cyprus, Ireland, Malta, Finland, Romania, and Greece have written a letter to US legislators arguing elements of the proposed EV rebate plan are unfair to their own manufacturers. The objections – which both Mexico and Canada have voiced as well – don’t brandish the mother-joke-grade provocation of “protectionism,” but do argue requirements in the payback offer put “US trading partners at a disadvantage.”

"They aren’t alone in claiming the scheme is crafted to primarily benefit Detroit’s Big Three. EV giant Tesla isn’t happy about the union stipulation of the proposal. Toyota and other foreign-origin companies that similarly tend to base their US manufacturing in non-union states are protesting the plan. Several of those firms have begun lobbying California’s senators with arguments that the proposal undermines the interests of auto employees in their state."

It's a necessary response to the Chinese EV protectionism. I guess they didn't want to say "Not Made In China".

The unfortunate side-effect of the Made In USA subsidy is that it's something of a small EV killer for the US market.
Of course, it might not make much difference, given that VW chose not to sell the ID3 here anyway and the batch of coming EVs are all bloated.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
This morning I received an email threatening cancellation if they don't hear from me by 11/16. This is further proof to me that they are just stumbling forward as I have a hold until 12/1. I emailed this info back to them, since they can't see it. o_O
I received the same e-mail. As usual, It was buried under the ton of spam emails I get everyday. I responded to let them know mine is on hold. Thanks for the heads up!

This morning I received an email threatening cancellation if they don't hear from me by 11/16. This is further proof to me that they are just stumbling forward as I have a hold until 12/1. I emailed this info back to them, since they can't see it. o_O
Got the same email despite a hold until 1/5/2022. Let me know if you hear back from them, I am thinking of waiting to reach out until closer to 11/16.

Reactions: rishid
Are you saying they responded and said they didn’t see the order was on hold? I got the same email for cancellation on 11/16.

2022 Tesla 3 standard range plus now has the range of 272 miles instead of 262 miles.
I know my build had the range of 262 mile back in July 2021. Would I be getting 272 or 262 range model in Jan 2022?
Any insights?

Just to clarify for those who got the cancellation email: When you check your order online, do you see a hold like the below but despite of that you received a cancellation email?

Capture.JPG

I might have jumped the gun too early by placing the hold before the VIN was assigned. I'll keep you updated on what happens after the hold is removed.
I put mine on hold before getting a VIN assigned. I ordered in May and pushed it off until Jan 1st. Tesla allowed me to delay it twice. I'm hoping for an EV credit and/or 4680 batteries. We'll see what happens. I thought we would have known more over the summer.

Agree the bill will not pass. Good for Manchin to hold people accountable and see where the money is being spent and how it impacts the economy.
He is doing the right thing to push for fiscal responsibility... currently in very short supply. ;)

Nov. 1 (UPI) -- West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin said Monday he will continue to withhold his much-needed support for a $1.75 trillion social spending package backed by President Joe Biden and Democratic progressives. Manchin, a moderate Democrat representing a state that Biden lost by 39 percentage points in last year's presidential election, threw cold water on hopes that he was coming around to support Biden's historic Build Back Better social safety net plan during a Capitol Hill press conference.

"As more of the real details outlined in the basic framework are released, what I see are shell games and budget gimmicks that make the real cost of this so-called $1.75 trillion dollar bill estimated to be twice as high if the programs are extended or made permanent," he told reporters.

For what its worth, just talked to my SA today. He was very agreeable about the situation. However, he claimed that a hold puts you at the back of the build line. It didn't appear he was using this as a leverage tactic, he just said that's how he understood the situation and that I should release the hold several weeks in advance to rebuild that lead time for ordering. I guess we'll all see what happens when we release the hold and what our wait times are.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
For what its worth, just talked to my SA today. He was very agreeable about the situation. However, he claimed that a hold puts you at the back of the build line. It didn't appear he was using this as a leverage tactic, he just said that's how he understood the situation and that I should release the hold several weeks in advance to rebuild that lead time for ordering. I guess we'll all see what happens when we release the hold and what our wait times are.
Thanks for the info. Until when is your current hold?