Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Front Center Console- Like/Dislike?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I vastly prefer the obeche matte yacht floor to the current center console. For road trips of any duration, a couple of wire mesh trays were all that was necessary, along with a clever cup holder extension, to elicit maximum utility from that wonderfully and relatively unique space (reminiscent of those halcyon days of 3 on the tree).

It would be a great option, aftermarket or otherwise, to do the needful, as it were, to replace the center console with the yacht floor, keeping in mind that it’s not as simple an endeavor as it may first appear.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
The center console in my new Tesla is great until you open either compartment. The lower compartment (where the two cup holders are) was not well thought out. The idea of cup holders that start out as dividers that can be re-positioned to make the cup holder space bigger is a terrible idea, especially since if you expand the cup holder, the sliding console cover than partially blocks the cup holder, making it impossible to use. Not having an actual cup holder that is sealed around the cup (or can) allows for spills to run everywhere.

Also, the small storage compartment just under the arm rest (adjacent to the console cup holder section is also a mess. The pop open lid that folds somewhat into the cup holder section is okay, but there is no divider between the cup holder section and that small storage compartment. As a result, items in that small storage space can (and do) easily (and quite often) fall into the cup holder compartment. This small storage area desperately needs some type of divider to keep items from falling into the cup holder area.

I have been looking for an insert that can be dropped into the cup holder compartment, that would replace the dividers with real cup holders that are sealed, and expandable (Like the cup holders in the Buick Regal I had. Those cup holders were made of a rubber lining that was totally sealed around the cup (or can) and were large enough to hold larger cups, but had two half circle "bubbles" on the inside walls that would allow a smaller cup to fit nicely and be held in place, while a larger cup would cause the half circle bubbles to compress enough so the larger cups would also fit while being held snugly in place as well. This type of cup holder is much more practical, and would leave room for other things to fit into the center console, while at the same time preventing any spills from going anywhere other than in the cup holder.

I am also looking for some way to divide the small storage space from the rest of the console compartment so I don't keep losing things into the cup holder area.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

cleardot.gif

The center console in my new Tesla is great until you open either compartment. The lower compartment (where the two cup holders are) was not well thought out. The idea of cup holders that start out as dividers that can be re-positioned to make the cup holder space bigger is a terrible idea, especially since if you expand the cup holder, the sliding console cover than partially blocks the cup holder, making it impossible to use. Not having an actual cup holder that is sealed around the cup (or can) allows for spills to run everywhere.

Also, the small storage compartment just under the arm rest (adjacent to the console cup holder section is also a mess. The pop open lid that folds somewhat into the cup holder section is okay, but there is no divider between the cup holder section and that small storage compartment. As a result, items in that small storage space can (and do) easily (and quite often) fall into the cup holder compartment. This small storage area desperately needs some type of divider to keep items from falling into the cup holder area.

I have been looking for an insert that can be dropped into the cup holder compartment, that would replace the dividers with real cup holders that are sealed, and expandable (Like the cup holders in the Buick Regal I had. Those cup holders were made of a rubber lining that was totally sealed around the cup (or can) and were large enough to hold larger cups, but had two half circle "bubbles" on the inside walls that would allow a smaller cup to fit nicely and be held in place, while a larger cup would cause the half circle bubbles to compress enough so the larger cups would also fit while being held snugly in place as well. This type of cup holder is much more practical, and would leave room for other things to fit into the center console, while at the same time preventing any spills from going anywhere other than in the cup holder.

I am also looking for some way to divide the small storage space from the rest of the console compartment so I don't keep losing things into the cup holder area.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

cleardot.gif
Wow, it was like you wrote an ad for them... But I TOTALLY agree with you!
Check out both of these
EVamped | Tesla Aftermarket Products

Reactions: P-town_P85
Wow, it was like you wrote an ad for them... But I TOTALLY agree with you!
Check out both of these

The cup holders look much better, but have holes in the bottom, which isn't good. Also, they don't seem to leave any room in the compartment for any storage. Someone needs to make a couple of cup holders like the ones I had in my Buick Regal, which were smaller in circumference, but designed to hold both smaller and larger cups, using a flexible "half bubble" on two sides of the holder with the half bubbles compressing in based on the diameter of the cup. It worked great and held cups of all sizes snugly in place.

There should be enough room in that compartment for two cup holders and storage space if done correctly.

Reactions: Jimmy 1