Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is one I took last weekend. From the ground level so not as good as Bob's photos but it certainly is a big building.

_85C1983.jpg

Possible On-site video of Gigafactory

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I was on the Tesla Motors subreddit and found a peculiar video that may have a drive through of the Gigafactory structure. On a related note, I've been reading the P85D delivery, news, and video threads for months now, great content. Hopefully I can get a P85D in the upcoming years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn the Auto Stabilization, but this is awesome, thank you!

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I was on the Tesla Motors subreddit and found a peculiar video that may have a drive through of the Gigafactory structure. On a related note, I've been reading the P85D delivery, news, and video threads for months now, great content. Hopefully I can get a P85D in the upcoming years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually posted that in videos and it was moved here. I didn't see that the video had already been posted in Gigafactory. However it's not too big of a deal. I'm more disappointed that I can't delete a post.

You will get more freedoms when you post more. New accounts are under a temporary restriction. But don't worry about deleting it, people post duplicate stuff all the time, no worries!

Welcome to TMC!

In a perfect world, a link to a quarterly time-lapse would be included in every report. The last had an image I believe was taken only a week or so before the report was out. I think Bob Tregilus, the photographer who took the first images of the site, stated that he saw what he believed to be a stationary camera housing on a hill.

This is a video created by a Realtor giving an update to the Gigafactory progress.
Published on Jan 8, 2015

Reno Sparks Tahoe Homes: (VIDEO) Tesla Gigafactory Progress at the Tahoe Reno Industrial Park - January 2015, located off Interstate 80 in Storey County Nevada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z390E4u66I

Here is a description of the videos content.

On September 4, 2014, our Governor Brian Sandoval announced Nevada was selected as the final location for the Tesla Giga factory. That was a BIG win for Nevada!! With this news we have had quite a bit of interest in our real estate market.

Today is January 8th 2015 and behind me you can see a bit of the progress Tesla and partner Panasonic has made since their groundbreaking in August. The factory will be roughly a mile long 2 stories high towering at 70 feet tall and will be in a diamond shaped, pointed north to allow for global positioning system alignment of equipment totalling about 10 million sqft. An easier way to visualize this size would be to say about 230 acres or 175 football fields.

A few other facts from the project:
•Tesla received $1.25 billion in incentives and grants from the State of Nevada in the form of tax breaks and perks.
•The projected cost to build the Giga factory is approximately $5 billion
•Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval estimates that Nevada would enjoy $100 billion in economic benefits over the next two decades from the construction of this factory.
•Tesla Gigafactory is stated to be online by 2017, that’s 2 years from now
•By 2020, the Gigafactory is projected to employ approximately 6,500 employees and supply 500,000 Tesla cars per year.