Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelin...rtner=yahootix

According to the San Antonio paper, Perry is talking directly with Tesla (the state has declined comment on the negotiations). “They made it clear to us they want to go through state-level entities, then screen down to the local level,” said Mario Hernandez, president of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, said of the governor’s office, according to the News-Express. “The governor has signed a nondisclosure agreement [with Tesla], so the information they revealed is very limited at this point.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michelin...rtner=yahootix

According to the San Antonio paper, Perry is talking directly with Tesla (the state has declined comment on the negotiations). “They made it clear to us they want to go through state-level entities, then screen down to the local level,” said Mario Hernandez, president of the San Antonio Economic Development Foundation, said of the governor’s office, according to the News-Express. “The governor has signed a nondisclosure agreement [with Tesla], so the information they revealed is very limited at this point.”

Those auto dealer bozos should shut their mouth right now then.

Doesn't anyone find it very interesting TX Gov Perry signed a nondisclosure agreement with Tesla ?
Those must be very "frank" discussions going on.

Yes, absolutely. Maybe that's protocol, but... I don't think direct discussions with the state Governor are all that common. At this price point, we're in uncharted waters here in the desert southwest.

--(edit)--

double entrende intended

--(edit)--
Upon closer examination, that might just be a bad pun. (Please Mods, don't start a new thread.)

Last edited:
Some sources claim Hutto, Texas is one of the 3 final contenders?

Tesla motors has eye on Hutto

Take it as you will

Good post.
I've been in advertising/media for more that two decades. (You have no idea how hard it was to hit [enter] after that sentence.)
I know with absolute certainty 50% of all reported (aggregated) media is incorrect.

This particular media post is meaningless. There is nothing to see here, just move along.

(sad.)

I've been wondering...

If this 10 million square foot gigafactory is going to make enough batteries for half a million cars, just how large a solar array will the factory need to charge the batteries? I mean, you don't get the batteries depleted, you get them with a full charge. So will Solar City be building an even larger solar farm next door?

-- Ardie

I've been wondering...

If this 10 million square foot gigafactory is going to make enough batteries for half a million cars, just how large a solar array will the factory need to charge the batteries? I mean, you don't get the batteries depleted, you get them with a full charge. So will Solar City be building an even larger solar farm next door?

-- Ardie

Yes, look at the rendering in the PDF. There is solar on about 50% of the roof + a solar farm next to it with a guesstimate of another 150% of the total factory area. Also there's wind in the picture.
hagu5aza.jpg