Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the post. In the original article, the author says "here’s the new gallery, can you spot something interesting?" Anyone know what he's referring to specifically? Maybe just the full lot of cars? Thanks.
What struck me was, in the second photo, at the lower right, is a built up area that is flat on top with equipment and vehicles parked there. This is well away from the footprint of the Gigafactory structure. I suspect it is a staging area for startinging construction of a renewable energy source area, likely wind turbines.
That second photo is the best I've seen so far to clearly show that the current structure occupies only a small fraction (about a fifth) of the total factory footprint are.
Nice to see a wide angle view showing the whole area instead of drone videos up close.

the question of whether the Gigafactory has yet begun to build its own supply of PowerPack units for the green power (Solar and Windmills) to feed. Doesn't make sense to do one without the other (power generation vs. power storage).

Yes! Here:
g0010652_2.jpg

The infrastructure on the concrete pad echoes the rendering of a PowerPack industrial installation:
iVkSWftJsDyE.jpg

Last edited:
What struck me was, in the second photo, at the lower right, is a built up area that is flat on top with equipment and vehicles parked there. This is well away from the footprint of the Gigafactory structure. I suspect it is a staging area for startinging construction of a renewable energy source area, likely wind turbines.
That second photo is the best I've seen so far to clearly show that the current structure occupies only a small fraction (about a fifth) of the total factory footprint are.
Nice to see a wide angle view showing the whole area instead of drone videos up close.

The wind resource in the Reno area is marginal. More likely that Tesla will rely primarily on solar (rooftop and nearby hills) for energy.

The construction workers have walked out at the Tesla battery plant as the Union cites lower wage workers are being brought in from out of state.

Not verified!

there are or were some workers lining the road to the entrance protesting the out of state workers. The workers from out of state are working for a subcontractor not Tesla directly.

So no Tesla employees have gone on strike or joined the protest.

Of the ones that did go out there to protest its a small number compared to all the workers at the gigafactory site.

Workers protest at Tesla gigafactory

A Tesla spokesperson says, "Today's activity stems from the local Carpenters Union protesting against one of the third party construction contractors that Tesla is using at the Gigafactory. Their issue is not with how Tesla treats its workers. Their issue is that of the many third party contractors that are involved in the construction of the Gigafactory, many are union but the one at issue is not. The union is also claiming that this contractor is somehow favoring out of state workers. In reality, more than 50% of the workers used by this contractor and more than 75% of the entire Gigafactory workforce are Nevada residents, demonstrating the project’s strong commitment to Nevada."