Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of course - but I argue that, adjusted for the Australia tax, the ratios are pretty much equal./QUOTE]

Just had a look at BMW active hybrid 3 pricing and it's about 100k.
So I guess the 130k for the S seems about right.

I guess I was hoping that the price would be lower. I feel as if australia will have success with gen3 and beyond, so superchargers will come then. Until then the modelS will be what the roadster was to USA.

Sorry for bringing your calculations into disrepute 772. That's good news though - it means my estimates are a few hundred dollars high!

Of course, the fact is the $4000 for shipping and insurance is a huge guess. In reality, the price will be what Tesla say it will be and until they tell us what that is we're just guessing.

The AUD is doing what my sources suggested. 92.3c this evening! Go Aussie!

Third row jump seats are not new. Mercedes station wagons have this feature in Australia. We have one, I doubt if this would be a problem. Tesla has pretty much taken this idea out of Mercedes, which is pretty clever.

Hi Mspcooper - do you have anything that shows this is currently offered by MB in Australia? I couldn't find any obvious mention of it on the Australian brochures etc. The advice I received that it wasn't permitted was direct from Tesla. Maybe it is the same issue as other countries that it is permitted but a seat must be a certain minimum size and the Tesla ones fall short?

I wrote to Jerome Guillen a few days ago regarding either selling the battery separately or leasing it over a short lease. I just a few minutes ago received the following reply from him:-

"Thanks again for your message. We have reviewed your suggestion carefully with our finance and tax groups. We will not be able to proceed as this time, for a variety of reasons. That said, we remain committed to the Australian market: as you might have observed, we are hiring and locking in leases. We are days away from releasing the Autralian pricing (same model as for other countries) and configurator

Thanks for your continued support. Best regards,

Jerome Guillen I VP, WW sales and service I*[email protected]*I*45500 Fremont boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 I tel 650.681.5390*I mobile 503.970.5217

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles "

Jump Seats

Hi Mspcooper - do you have anything that shows this is currently offered by MB in Australia? I couldn't find any obvious mention of it on the Australian brochures etc. The advice I received that it wasn't permitted was direct from Tesla. Maybe it is the same issue as other countries that it is permitted but a seat must be a certain minimum size and the Tesla ones fall short?

All I can do is to send pictures of our jump seats. Except for the height of them, i personally do not see a big difference. However, i do not know the exact specs for MS jump seats. Would you like some pictures?

Apparently we won't be able to select the third row jump seats as an option in Australia as they are not permitted under Australian Design Rules (similar to Hong Kong). Don't know how I am going to break that one to my two girls!

Really? Is this official? This is a big problem for me. I had just been assuming it would be available and hadn't bothered to ask. They're shown on the features page of the Australian site (http://www.teslamotors.com/en_AU/models/features#/interior) although this could just be an oversight. My kids will be just the right age/size for the jump seats for several years. I had great visions of 2 kids in the back, grandparents in the rear seat, 2 more adults up the front and still room in the frunk for more. This will be very disappointing. A deal breaker? I don't know. Maybe.

I can see this would be a big limiting factor for some people. Not for myself, I'd value that extra space low in the boot. But its a shame to have the option removed.

I suppose there's always the model X.. But who knows how long that would take.

I'm pumping Google daily now looking for info on RHD Tesla's... Must be soon.

I too am looking daily but don't expect anything until mid April at the earliest.

Hi guys - just got word that pricing will be out in the next week or two. Apparently the delay is because Australia has the most complicated customs/duty/tax system, and also ways that pricing needs to be displayed. Also, pricing will be separated by State/Territory!!!

Should be interesting...