Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received any communication from Tesla regarding either the dual motor or the driver assist features?

I would have expected to have received something given that they have known about these features for some time, a mass email is so easy in 2014 and to put it bluntly most people here are confirmed purchasers with known contact details.

I am more than a little worried. They have not been completely clear or honest regarding their announcements. Initially deliveries in September, and no word since. Then unliminited warranties announced on the drive train for all Models S, their site is now saying it now does not apply to model s 60! Again no communication to Australian reservation holders.

What of driver assist, will it be offered? In which models and will Australian reservation holders be offered a clear choice before manufacture begins (If it does at all)? The driver assist package is compelling and I would option it, if given the choice.

I recall BMW mentioning that with them you purchase more than just a car. It appears with Tesla we are purchasing less than a car. Look I admire Tesla and it appears to be a great product after all I would not have purchased one, but the treatment of their customers is bordering on old school public service.

Comon pull your finger out team and communicate. Before you turn you ambassadors into your critics.

Has anyone received any communication from Tesla regarding either the dual motor or the driver assist features?

I would have expected to have received something given that they have known about these features for some time, a mass email is so easy in 2014 and to put it bluntly most people here are confirmed purchasers with known contact details.

I am more than a little worried. They have not been completely clear or honest regarding their announcements. Initially deliveries in September, and no word since. Then unliminited warranties announced on the drive train for all Models S, their site is now saying it now does not apply to model s 60! Again no communication to Australian reservation holders.

What of driver assist, will it be offered? In which models and will Australian reservation holders be offered a clear choice before manufacture begins (If it does at all)? The driver assist package is compelling and I would option it, if given the choice.

I recall BMW mentioning that with them you purchase more than just a car. It appears with Tesla we are purchasing less than a car. Look I admire Tesla and it appears to be a great product after all I would not have purchased one, but the treatment of their customers is bordering on old school public service.

Comon pull your finger out team and communicate. Before you turn you ambassadors into your critics.

I think we'll be hearing something soon. They only just announced the upgrades. Not sure if I recall correctly but I thought the 8 year/unlimited km warranty only applied to the 85 & not the 60?

Driver Assist is compelling and from what has been said will be included in all vehicles delivered here (except maybe a few that were built a bit early). In fact all vehicles manufactured as of about 3 or 4 weeks ago have the full set of sensors required. Features will be enabled with updates.

Features will be updated with software updates, yes. However, exactly what they can turn on will be dependent on government regulation. Some of the features we will definitely get, those that copy existing features on other cars, like adaptive cruise control lane departure warning speed limit assist, blind spot warning. Autonomous driving? I doubt it, but we will see.
As to dual motors, they need to update our order page. I don't think we will see those in OZ til the end of next year, given the demand for them from the snow afflicted countries, and the fact that we are tail end Charlie and the history of the company in this country to date.

Thanks great thanks. But they actually haven't said anything. Everything else is pure speculation. Where I work if we change terms and conditions, features on delivered products we tell all our order holders before we tell the general public. We call that old fashioned customer service.

They would have known about this update for months at a minimum, enough time to prepare a short email, those things take minutes to get approved.

So my point they don't care about their order holders.

After 3 3/4 years waiting for this car, I am inclined to agree with you.

Hehe I've been waiting 7 years or so...since the day it was announced so maybe I'm more willing to wait a bit longer.

I've only spoken to the Tesla people once or twice but I think they're doing their best to keep everyone happy e.g. agreeing to rebuild a bunch of cars built too early. I suppose someone might say they had a moral duty. Maybe but definitely shows they care about the happiness & safety of customers and the general public given that these features will​ save lives.

Have you noticed that the charging connectors to be supplied are different? Wonder if this is not an error? Also, anyone think there has been a price rise? Difficult to tell with the new packages. We are still not getting Homelink, it seems.

Didn't some of you guys get your wall connectors already? What is the plug on those?

I know that in Japan, Tesla went with the US style connector (but suspect that was because of Chademo adaptor availability), but everywhere else is the EU style type 2 (that seems to be required for 3 phase).

My wall connector is Mennekes. Also, my pricing seems high on my contract. i get a good $4000 LESS when i price the car on the new order page. I have a letter in to Linda/Tim Ellis/Stone, requesting clarification on a number of issues.

I would be very happy if they gave us the J1772 adaptor. means we could use the currently available public charge stations that use this standard. Realistically, MDK is probably correct.

Have you noticed that the charging connectors to be supplied are different? Wonder if this is not an error? Also, anyone think there has been a price rise? Difficult to tell with the new packages. We are still not getting Homelink, it seems.

Definitely seems to have been a price rise. Before this change, you could select the base model S60 (eg. no options, cheapest price of entry) at $95k in VIC. It now seems the same configuration is priced at almost $102k! Was stamp duty being shown before?

Definitely seems to have been a price rise. Before this change, you could select the base model S60 (eg. no options, cheapest price of entry) at $95k in VIC. It now seems the same configuration is priced at almost $102k! Was stamp duty being shown before?

Prices seem to be pretty much identical, although the only difference I've noticed is the spoiler is now a $1200 option, Parking Sensors are now in the Tech package with the price added onto it.