Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this comment in the official blog entry means that we won't see 'D's here for quite a while:

Customers can order a Dual Motor Model S today. Deliveries of P85D begin in December for North America, to be followed 85D and 60D in February. Deliveries to Europe and Asia will follow in the months afterwards.

I'll wait for the D. I wanted the top model when I placed my original order and I still do.

I'll wait for the D. I wanted the top model when I placed my original order and I still do.

I would say you need to be prepared to wait another 2 years... I’m sure it would have to start again for approval.

as for self parking teslas and self driving I don't think in australia you'll be allowed to self park without a driver in the car. we have a more grey area between a public road a private road that's publicly available and a private land. but the good thing about telsa making every same hardware and software based is if the rules change or approval is gained you'll just get a software update and you'll be away.

So these upgrades and changes make for a couple of interesting situations for Australia:

1. Those of us who have confirmed orders (or in production) P85+'s and the demo cars will be the only P85+'s ever in Australia.

2. Australia will be the only country where all customer ordered cars have automous driving capabilities.

I have to say that the outcome regarding the rebuilds was very fair. There would have been incredible ill will towards the company otherwise. It would be really interesting to know how many cars actually had been built. It will be even more interesting what they do with them. If sold as inventory, then your point 2 will not be valid. and secondly, what about those cars in sig-only colours (red/white)? Demo cars yes. Loaners yes. But how many of those do they need?

I have to say that the outcome regarding the rebuilds was very fair. There would have been incredible ill will towards the company otherwise. It would be really interesting to know how many cars actually had been built. It will be even more interesting what they do with them. If sold as inventory, then your point 2 will not be valid. and secondly, what about those cars in sig-only colours (red/white)? Demo cars yes. Loaners yes. But how many of those do they need?

Ha, that's why I made the qualification in point 2 of 'customer ordered cars'.

Also, we have No. 3: Australia will have the only Model S Signatures with autonomous driving.

10568869_302743143263776_9161910721667700448_n.jpg

so who is owning up to being "gods mistress" ? picture taken in tassie. i'm 90% that's a tesla charger on the right at least it's mennekes

That's MONA which is owned by David Walsh. I guess he's getting a Model S because that's definitely a modified Tesla charger.
THE most important question is which of our Tassie friends in this forum is David Walsh??

(I've had many bizarre tangents in my life touching on these MONA / Moorilla guys starting with a wedding in Tassie about 15-20 years ago where I had an in depth discussion about a gambling system. Super-cool, and brilliant use of their success in many,many ways)