Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LGGD's Friend has had Opti-Coat Pro+ applied.

Looks fantastic on the Signature Red.

Numerous comments from people who think the car has some sort of show car paint job.

I am planning on getting it applied as well but doubt the effect will be quite as great on my flat white.

The guy who did the treatment here on the GC was very familiar with Teslas from conferences in the US where his Californian collegues in particular do a lot of Opti-Coat work on Teslas.

LGGD's Friend has had Opti-Coat Pro+ applied.

Looks fantastic on the Signature Red.

Numerous comments from people who think the car has some sort of show car paint job.

I am planning on getting it applied as well but doubt the effect will be quite as great on my flat white.

The guy who did the treatment here on the GC was very familiar with Teslas from conferences in the US where his Californian collegues in particular do a lot of Opti-Coat work on Teslas.

Great to hear! Will plan to get details from you once car gets closer.

Thanks Dborn & Higgy for the comments. Great to get a feel for the car even if it is vicariously. Seems all positive except it highlights the long wait ahead for me.

Totally agree about regen. Feels like you're riding a dinosaur when you're forced to drive an ICE car again. Tesla's implementation is so right while on my Nissan Leaf it is so wrong :)

Higgy re chewing through those tires, I anticipated the same so I bought rear suspension upper links to reduce the camber by 1 deg saving the inner areas of rubber from premature wear on the P+. Includes tooling and a $200 refund when returned to OpenEV store. I no longer need them due to my order change. If you, or if not, anyone else with a P+ is interested, send me a PM. Discounted with fast delivery.

I will have a look at this option in the new year...as with everyone things are getting hectic!

Soooo....If Sparky's being delivered to Adelaide how long now??? :confused:

Capture.JPG

Discovered where the towing eye mentioned in the manual is located. Lift up the carpet in the froot and it lives in a niche in the underlying plastic moulding. There is no plastic pry-tool present though. You will have to supply that yourself. ( available very cheaply on eBay.).

At the service centre to charge up. there are at least 35 brand-new Teslas sittingsin the construction area where the service centre is going to be. good news for all you folks waiting for your car. they are all packed in like sardines under there. Including the loan vehicles, I guess at least 45 Teslas on site!!!
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

At the service centre to charge up. there are at least 35 brand-new Teslas sittingsin the construction area where the service centre is going to be. good news for all you folks waiting for your car. they are all packed in like sardines under there. Including the loan vehicles, I guess at least 45 Teslas on site!!!

Thanks for the update David. Merry xmas to you and your family too

I guess that's good news - if one of them is mine! Anyone in Vic been given a delivery date since the launch cars?

I guess the next few days will be pretty full-on for the local team trying to get as many cars delivered as possible before 31/12.

My 2.5 yr old wanted to get into the car while I was browsing the touchscreen. I had my phone which has the tesla app and the key inside. I got out of my seat, helped her get in, closed the door and the handles retracted in. The handles would not open from the driver's side, I panicked. It was great I had the spare key in the house to open the handles. I wonder if there is anything to avoid this from happening? Had some dramas with the charging port from opening, had to use a key to pry it open, cleaned the magnets using a cloth and has worked fine ever since.

Anyone know / had any advice as to what can of goo to purchase for the tyre?

- - - Updated - - -

My 2.5 yr old wanted to get into the car while I was browsing the touchscreen. I had my phone which has the tesla app and the key inside. I got out of my seat, helped her get in, closed the door and the handles retracted in. The handles would not open from the driver's side, I panicked. It was great I had the spare key in the house to open the handles. I wonder if there is anything to avoid this from happening? Had some dramas with the charging port from opening, had to use a key to pry it open, cleaned the magnets using a cloth and has worked fine ever since.

As a last resort I assume you could phone the Tesla help desk and get them to open the car - that is if your phone wasn't in the car.

Discovered a new feature NOT in the manual.
If you press and hold the boot button on the fob, the charge port will pop open.
Useful, I guess if you have a J 1772 adaptor without an open button on the handle.
Thanks - that IS useful! My charger is wired to off peak, meaning it isn't powered up all the time, but will be energised automatically when Ausgrid signal it. In practice it's on most of the time - (OP2) - but when it isn't i keep forgetting to open the charge port and have to reach back into the car.

Something else that I've found that is in the manual but easy to forget. If you want to change the default layout of the displays for the LHS of the instrument panel you need to press and hold the left scroll wheel. If you just press it it mutes/pauses the stereo. Once activated you can choose between media, trips and Nav if it's active.