Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally back from vacation and got to drive the Model S again today - it's much better than the roller coasters in Florida!

I didn't leave the car plugged in whilst away as we had some pretty full on electrical storms the week before going away and I didn't fancy a fried Tesla if the power lines were hit. The car lost approximately 30kms charge over a 19 day period so that was pretty good. I set the power saving mode to on and deselected always connected.

One newbie question for the day. If you are leaving someone in the car is there a way to leave music playingwithout leaving them the key? (I can set air con running using the App)

Finally back from vacation and got to drive the Model S again today - it's much better than the roller coasters in Florida!

I didn't leave the car plugged in whilst away as we had some pretty full on electrical storms the week before going away and I didn't fancy a fried Tesla if the power lines were hit. The car lost approximately 30kms charge over a 19 day period so that was pretty good. I set the power saving mode to on and deselected always connected.

One newbie question for the day. If you are leaving someone in the car is there a way to leave music playingwithout leaving them the key? (I can set air con running using the App)

If you exit the car and then tap on the touchscreen it should come back to life (I don't know how long that lasts though).

That Car has some really nice lines. But 3 things concern me about that prototype.
1. Black second row. I'm not a fan.
2. Internal refections. Have you noticed how many modern cars reflect the chrome or bright interior dash details in sunlight, obscuring visibility via the side mirrors?
3. Grumpy face "Cone" The grill or Cone in this case is the "face" of a car. It makes a statement as it heads towards you. I don't think the X look aggressive just a bit grumpy. Model S looks confidant, serene. What do you think?

Looks OK to me, will look better with the Victorian TESLAX number plates I have already sitting in the box here. Haven't got an order in for one yet though!! Any guesses as to when they will hit OZ? Still waiting for the S ....only been 1178.... days but who's counting. Maybe tomorrow, in time for the birthday on the weekend!!.

Looks OK to me, will look better with the Victorian TESLAX number plates I have already sitting in the box here. Haven't got an order in for one yet though!! Any guesses as to when they will hit OZ? Still waiting for the S ....only been 1178.... days but who's counting. Maybe tomorrow, in time for the birthday on the weekend!!.

Hi there have tesla gotten back to you with a delivery time? Did they say this week?

I may regret it in months to come if I get a froot lid crease, but I can't resist using the froot for confusing the hell out of people.

I dropped my teenage daughter and her gymnastics coach off at the airport yesterday, popped the boot, pulled out the coach's bag and also popped the froot and pulled out my daughter's bag. My daughter couldn't stop laughing at the puzzled look on a guys face who was sat on a bench outside the terminal!

Then on the way home I grabbed some groceries and put them in the froot. An older guy was walking his trolley back to the trolley return cage and nearly ran in to a parked car because he was too busy watching!

I have already undertaken a training course for my wife and daughters on correct froot closure etiquette so fingers crossed!

I may regret it in months to come if I get a froot lid crease, but I can't resist using the froot for confusing the hell out of people.

I dropped my teenage daughter and her gymnastics coach off at the airport yesterday, popped the boot, pulled out the coach's bag and also popped the froot and pulled out my daughter's bag. My daughter couldn't stop laughing at the puzzled look on a guys face who was sat on a bench outside the terminal!

Then on the way home I grabbed some groceries and put them in the froot. An older guy was walking his trolley back to the trolley return cage and nearly ran in to a parked car because he was too busy watching!

I have already undertaken a training course for my wife and daughters on correct froot closure etiquette so fingers crossed!

It's A shame they didn't make the froot elec powered to save possible damage and to freak out any onlookers! Would also make loading easier when angle parked.

You guys that have your cars already must be having a ball, would be great to read some stories of your first month with your
cars, any range anxiety, what's it like driving in car parks do people walk in front with out looking! Not really Tesla moments but just
what it's like to own one of these fantastic cars.