Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get less seats but you pay more...expensive cup holders. Can't believe they package it with the Premium Interiors

Not really - I've been predicting this for a while, the executive hire car market will lap these up with superchargers around the city, also in the Chinese market most owners have drivers, so also a good fit. If you are doing the high end exec rear then you'd want both the nice soft leather door panels and the seat heating. I'd have thought about it as it might be a serious upgrade and I rarely carry more than 2 anyway - looks so much nicer than the standard seat. With all of the options a P85 is now up at $241k+.

Not guilty on the blue model S in Castelcrag, I'm closer to Castle Hill!

I have realised after a few weeks of not driving an ICE quite how special the Model S is.

Given it was a nice sunny evening I left the Model S charging using up the solar generation and took our other car to pick up Thai take away.

As soon as I started the car I could feel the vibrations of the engine, the jerkiness of gear changes, the fact I had to use a second pedal to slow down and to add insult to injury I had to fill it up as well (though at least managed not to get diesel on my hands)!

I really do like being spoilt every day driving the model S!

As soon as I started the car I could feel the vibrations of the engine, the jerkiness of gear changes, the fact I had to use a second pedal to slow down and to add insult to injury I had to fill it up as well (though at least managed not to get diesel on my hands)!

Actually, this reminds me of one of the few benefits of ICEs - to instantly put a young child to sleep after only a few minutes of driving in the evening. Does this still work with EVs? :)

Dan has invited me to bring my Tesla to Cars and Coffee https://www.facebook.com/events/1577837839116616/ . As he is a sponsor he has a reserved spot for me.

It will be interesting to see how they classify the Tesla – there are separate sections for Euro, Japanese, Exotics, Muscle and Mixed - whatever that is...

Maybe we will have a large enough quorum there to form the local Tesla Car Club?

Sunday, 1st Feb 2015, 9:00 - 12:00, Sandown Racecourse, Springvale

Not guilty on the blue model S in Castelcrag, I'm closer to Castle Hill!

I have realised after a few weeks of not driving an ICE quite how special the Model S is.

Given it was a nice sunny evening I left the Model S charging using up the solar generation and took our other car to pick up Thai take away.

I really do like being spoilt every day driving the model S!

Last night I drove my wife's Kluger for a couple of hours after 2 weeks in the Tesla. What a difference!
The first corner was interesting as I'm now so used to regen and one pedal driving.

It it makes me really appreciate the Tesla. Although her car has a great spot to store the keys, just right of the steering wheel. You just put one key in a slot and the rest just hang there!