Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having the same issue but more. AT&T, iPhone. App won’t connect at all. Just picked up on Saturday and the driver door is broke and scraping the paint from the frame and lost all app access yesterday. Service didn’t show that I had scheduled and I can’t get the software to update (it shows it’s there but even when connected to WiFi it won’t give me a button to install). No luck getting help from Tesla sales agents. Should I try Tesla chat or take it to the service center? I’m very disappointed in the Tesla customer service.

After trying everything above, I followed someone’s tip to disconnect my iPhone from WiFi. It works!

Hoping this is just a temporary workaround until the next upgrade, but in the meantime it’s working. Incidentally my phone is on Verizon and my partners is on ATT, and it works for both of us.

Same issue and I've tried rebooting the car, reinstalling the app, et. al. Works fine at home when I'm on my home WiFi but anywhere else is a big variable. Side note, I have AT&T's sub-network for Public Safety personnel called FirstNet. Now at least I know it's not that...

Just want to report similar issue like everyone else here, App does not want to connect to my 2018 Model 3 while on LTE, it is irony that sometime I switch to 4G connection and it works but everything else is so slow on phone with 4G, I had Tesla tech came out today not much help there, he did promise talk to higher up engineers at Tesla, I think more then anything else I think it is iOS 14 is screwing up, well there is three party here, Cricket Wireless(AT&T), Apple iOS, Tesla App, hope someday someone will fix it.

Quick tip, for now I got around this by using a VPN on my phone. You can set up your phone to use one of the many VPN services out there (some are free) or set up a home VPN and connect to that. Once I connect to the VPN the app works perfectly over LTE. Hopefully this is only needed as a short term fix but at least it works. This also seems to confirm some sort of AT&T issue.

I went the VPN route as well. I used the VPN SuperUnlimited Proxy service and it the Tesla app connected immediately. I hope AT&T figures this out soon. First world problem but pretty annoying...

It's odd now that this is still happening to few owners. It really makes me wonder what the root cause is. Because most of us that had the issue awhile ago all received rectification of the connection issues at the same time, but now there are few owners just starting to have issues now.

Anyone else getting this tonight?
98C37B95-8C3D-4257-B66E-EB0FDAB3F44A.png

Hi guys, I am confirming the same problem. I can't connect to the car using the App. It is just telling me "waking up" and then after some while "connection error". LTE signal is good. The problem is, that in the service centre I was told that currently everyone has this problem and that I have to wait for the firmware update. But I've had 3 updates since then and the problem remains (now 2020.44.10) I was talking with another owner and his app is working absolutely OK. Now I am really confused. Did the employee in the service centre lie to me? Why whould he do that? Do you have any idea, where might be the problem? Model 3 LR, 2020, iPhone X

Attachments

• app error.jpg
    app error.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 51
Hi guys, I am confirming the same problem. I can't connect to the car using the App. It is just telling me "waking up" and then after some while "connection error". LTE signal is good. The problem is, that in the service centre I was told that currently everyone has this problem and that I have to wait for the firmware update. But I've had 3 updates since then and the problem remains (now 2020.44.10) I was talking with another owner and his app is working absolutely OK. Now I am really confused. Did the employee in the service centre lie to me? Why whould he do that? Do you have any idea, where might be the problem? Model 3 LR, 2020, iPhone X

I fixed the problem I posed about light night by hard reset of the vehicle.

I don’t think he lied, he probably was informing on bad or incorrect or misinterpreted information - either way, he mustn’t tell customers thing like that definitively.

I just started having this issue. I have ATT, hasn't been working on cellular service but it does seem to work when on Wifi. It did seem to work temporarily when I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and logged back in. But stopped working about an hour later, strange.

Bummer when I am out and about and looking to pre-heat the car, it's getting cold...

I am having issues with the app for monitoring my solar system. It was working just fine until yesterday when it started to say that my house wasn't using energy and that my solar was just going straight to the grid. The numbers say I put into the grid, used from the grid and my house has only used about a fifth of what it has the past weeks. It's all out of wack. I have tried the delete app/ log out suggestions but it doesn't do anything. I try to log into the powerwall and it won't let me. Any help would be appreciated.