Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just dumped a ton of new CPO's on it's site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't give up on the CPO P85DL just yet. There are a ton of P85D's listed on the ev-cpo website as we speak, some of them will have ludicrous but it won't state it anywhere in the listing. This is because, unlike the P90DL, no P85D came with ludicrous from the factory, so the upgrade won't be reflected in the VIN. The only way to know for sure if a CPO P85D has been upgraded to ludicrous is to have the SA check to see if the previous owner installed it. They have access to the service history and can find this out, a good SA will do this for you .

I know this from personal experience. I purchased a P85D in october 2017 and confirmed with the SA that ludicrous was added by the previous owner and still in place. He was also able to confirm date of build (to insure + suspension) as well. Definitely pays to do a bit of leg work

Hmmm...OK, so Ludicrous is in fact a possible unspecified perk on some P85D cars but it needs to be checked on a car-by-car basis. That's not confusing at all. What is the best way to find an OA? I had one at one time when I was shopping for a roadster but he seems to have left the company.

• Funny
Reactions: Olds442
I wouldn't say expert -- I've just done a lot of research into it. But yes, not all Pre-May 2015 P85Ds have the + suspension. I'd say "most" do, but that's just a gut feel. I think @lolachampcar knows more than I do about it.
My understanding is, that while not all pre-may 15 P85D’s had the staggered wheel set up from the p85+, They all have the sports suspension until the switchover in May. I certainly could be wrong, as 100% of my research has been done on this and other forums. If you have the car it is easy enough to check the part number on the shock tower to confirm. If you are looking to buy a CPO this is likely not an option. Just confirm the date of manufacture and keep fingers crossed

My understanding is, that while not all pre-may 15 P85D’s had the staggered wheel set up from the p85+, They all have the sports suspension until the switchover in May. I certainly could be wrong, as 100% of my research has been done on this and other forums. If you have the car it is easy enough to check the part number on the shock tower to confirm. If you are looking to buy a CPO this is likely not an option. Just confirm the date of manufacture and keep fingers crossed

Data Point: our March 2015 built P85D came with the Plus Suspension and NextGen front & rear seats... but non-staggered 21" Turbine wheels.

Interesting...I thought they all had staggered wheels during that period.

If you add staggered wheels you move up from "Yeti" to "Night King"

nights-king-rising.jpg

Attachments

• nights-king-rising.jpg
    nights-king-rising.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Olds442