Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla just dumped a ton of new CPO's on it's site

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why people are freaking out about no free supercharging, it's so cheap even if you do pay and most have home chargers. Look what I did today.

054.JPG

Reactions: Olds442
ludicrous is really cool, the P90D i'm driving on loan has it and I've done a few launches. i think the big difference is in the 0-30 range myself. but i will say that aside doing launches with people who never have, it's pretty much unneeded. (at least for me and how i drive.)

do i want it on my next car? hell yes i do.

Reactions: Olds442
I don’t think that’s entirely true. There were multiple 70s and 85s within my asking during the large restock this month. And my requirements are minimalist at best, didn’t mention SAS, pano roof etc. i don’t think settling for a MS60 is the answer.

Let's not get carried away. You can look back at the archives on ev-cpo.com to see exactly what Tesla has sold in their CPO program. Using your parameters (>60 kwh, <50k miles, < $50k), there have been a total of 2 cars ever that were sold (by Tesla).

Both were 85's and neither had a single option other than Tech with AP. One sold for $49,400 and the other was $50k exactly.

Additionally, many of the cars that are priced aggressively by Tesla were loaner cars. I have heard several instances of cars in less than stellar condition being sold by Tesla (not mechanical, but cosmetically). There's a good reason why one car sells for $60k and then you see the exact same car for $10k less. The only reason would be the grade it received for condition.

Maybe because even new cars don't come with free supercharging. (Unless you use referral. And even that is supposed to end in a couple weeks.)

This is probably the answer. If there is more recent information from an adviser I would presume the policy has changed.

I don’t think that’s entirely true. There were multiple 70s and 85s within my asking during the large restock this month. And my requirements are minimalist at best, didn’t mention SAS, pano roof etc. i don’t think settling for a MS60 is the answer.

If you're looking for something very specific your best bet is to get in touch with a CPO adviser, who can see lots of cars before the hit the website. I see you're in Texas, so if you are interested, I can PM you the contact info for the one I used. He was very helpful when I was looking. My budget was limited, and he was able to find me a car that fit what I needed.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Let's not get carried away. You can look back at the archives on ev-cpo.com to see exactly what Tesla has sold in their CPO program. Using your parameters (>60 kwh, <50k miles, < $50k), there have been a total of 2 cars ever that were sold (by Tesla).

Both were 85's and neither had a single option other than Tech with AP. One sold for $49,400 and the other was $50k exactly.

Additionally, many of the cars that are priced aggressively by Tesla were loaner cars. I have heard several instances of cars in less than stellar condition being sold by Tesla (not mechanical, but cosmetically). There's a good reason why one car sells for $60k and then you see the exact same car for $10k less. The only reason would be the grade it received for condition.
For some reason the list of available cars on EV-CPO is not complete and at the same time not nearly all cars there listed available are relisted there after sale. I have followed cars for sale there, even in the last week, then after sold a great number don’t appear afterwards. Maybe the owner of the site can explain why the discrepancy

Respectfully, I have been working with a CPO advisor who has never given me an option for a vehicle that I couldn't already see by looking on ev-cpo. I don't think he's being dishonest but I am not necessarily bummed by it either. I usually message him about one and then ask if there are similar vehicles coming out soon. Maybe since I'm so price specific that there is indeed no known vehicles coming in.

For some reason the list of available cars on EV-CPO is not complete and at the same time not nearly all cars there listed available are relisted there after sale. I have followed cars for sale there, even in the last week, then after sold a great number don’t appear afterwards. Maybe the owner of the site can explain why the discrepancy

When you say "not complete" what are you comparing it to? Right now, Tesla only has 94 CPO cars listed for sale, and that's exactly what's shown on EV-CPO. If by "not complete" you mean compared to the much larger list of internal CPO cars only available to Tesla sales advisor, you're right. But Tesla doesn't publish that information anywhere. I always recommend to serious buyers to use the website in conjunction with a Sales Advisor to gain access to these unlisted cars.

at the same time not nearly all cars there listed available are relisted there after sale.
, even in the last week, then after sold a great number don’t appear afterwards.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're talking about cars in the Archived listings, only non-"P" cars are listed in the archives unless you have a subscription.

Reactions: BrokerDon
When you say "not complete" what are you comparing it to? Right now, Tesla only has 94 CPO cars listed for sale, and that's exactly what's shown on EV-CPO. If by "not complete" you mean compared to the much larger list of internal CPO cars only available to Tesla sales advisor, you're right. But Tesla doesn't publish that information anywhere. I always recommend to serious buyers to use the website in conjunction with a Sales Advisor to gain access to these unlisted cars.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. If you're talking about cars in the Archived listings, only non-"P" cars are listed in the archives unless you have a subscription.
Not sure what you are trying to say here, I said they don’t all appear "after sale" and said you that you could probably explain. Pretty clear, you answered that you have to have a "subscription". Question answered. Thanks.