Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla keyfob in an app (i made)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you made a widget for summon, I would definitely buy the app.

I use Remote App for Model S for my Apple Watch app and it's really good. On my iPhone, I use the native Tesla app which does the job even if it takes a few seconds longer to perform an action. However, both of these iOS apps lack Summon widget functionality. I can do Summon from the Remote S Model Apple Watch app but it's quite a few clicks as you have to launch the app from a complication, then scroll to a screen and then force touch and then select forward or reverse...

If you made a widget for summon, I would definitely buy the app.

I use Remote App for Model S for my Apple Watch app and it's really good. On my iPhone, I use the native Tesla app which does the job even if it takes a few seconds longer to perform an action. However, both of these iOS apps lack Summon widget functionality. I can do Summon from the Remote S Model Apple Watch app but it's quite a few clicks as you have to launch the app from a complication, then scroll to a screen and then force touch and then select forward or reverse...

Summon on the applewatch?

Summon was in my plans actually.

The library behind the app is open source also made by me. GitHub - jonasman/TeslaSwift: Swift library to access the Tesla Model S API
In the "todos" I have there summon. So that kind of feature would take a little while to implement as I never did the streaming implementation.
That would be sweet! I've been doing some coding with the Tesla API's and Smartthings and I know Summon is not straight forward, otherwise I would have done it myself :)

Thanks appreciate that :)
Hi--what I meant was "password" in the last line of the log-in screen is misspelled: fullsizeoutput_5f.jpeg :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: Jonas_man
Please remember that this API should not be relied on to start your car. i.e. do not leave your fob at home. Your tesla can lose connectivity at any time which would leave you stranded.

Heck, even if they had bluetooth pairing to your phone to provide fob functionality and your phone died, you'd still be stranded.

This API should be considered a backup or at the very least used at home when you need to move the car out of the garage for say washing and your key is still inside.
Or if you get out and leave your phone in the car and close the door. The car automatically locks itself and now your phone is locked in and you're locked out. Happened to me that's how I know.

Reactions: sorka