Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla launches Model 3 Highland refresh in North America - No Performance model listed as of 01.10.2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source? If you want Homelink on a pre-highland you most definitely have to buy hardware to enable it.
I’m pretty sure he’s mistaken. It is easy to install a used module now, where in the past you’d have to beg Tesla to activate a used module for you.

What I don’t know is if the highland uses the same module and bracket as the old model 3

Reactions: E90alex
For those in the Northern California area, the Tesla store in Walnut Creek, CA now has a Highland Model 3 on display. They did a semi-private showing for the local owners club this evening. I took a few quick pictures, unfortunately the ones of the front of the car and the rear seating row weren't usable.

I think this is a RWD model. Also the wheels look blue because they're illuminated by blue lights on the floor (not included with the car I presume!).

Bruce.

IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2942.JPG

IMG_2943.JPG

IMG_2944.JPG

THE ticket right now is the performance because there are significant discounts at the moment, plus full $7500 credit (and possibly some state). You end up with a jet engine for under $40k.

Truly no sour grapes when I say I am glad I bought my model 3 last year instead of waiting for this one, as I feel the updates are marginal.

The fact model y apparently still qualifies for $7500 and most of the model 3s no longer do completely changes the calculus on buying one over a y.

As for homelink I know my 2023 didn't have one, which is just absurd and indefensible. So now I pay $50/year for the plan that hooks up to Chamberlain garage doors. I happened to have garage door openers that were connected with that brand anyway, so the car opens/closes garage by itself. It works pretty well.

THE ticket right now is the performance because there are significant discounts at the moment, plus full $7500 credit (and possibly some state). You end up with a jet engine for under $40k.

Truly no sour grapes when I say I am glad I bought my model 3 last year instead of waiting for this one, as I feel the updates are marginal.

The fact model y apparently still qualifies for $7500 and most of the model 3s no longer do completely changes the calculus on buying one over a y.

As for homelink I know my 2023 didn't have one, which is just absurd and indefensible. So now I pay $50/year for the plan that hooks up to Chamberlain garage doors. I happened to have garage door openers that were connected with that brand anyway, so the car opens/closes garage by itself. It works pretty well.
While i do think $40k for a M3P is a good deal I would rather pay $5k more for the upgrades. New suspension, quieter cabin and all other upgrades are well worth it imo. Truly it would depend on each individual though.

it's just remarkable to think that a few years ago base model cars selling for low 40s new, and high 40s used because people were just so hungry for the M3 of any config. now, we're seeing M3Ps selling for the same price as a based model from years ago, and used M3s in the mid 20s, which then benefit from the used EV credits.

I wonder how this affects buying decisions for new customers?

I wonder how this affects Tesla's ability to forecast sales and revenue?

Reactions: zoomer0056
and HD radar....

i would jump on the Model 3 Highland in a second but i just can't deal with crappy TACC "vision only" on hot summer days in Texas where mirages over the asphalt freak out TACC and it takes you from 75mph down to 50mph within seconds for no reason whatsoever...
There's a chance, but far from a guarantee, that the higher resolution cameras vs most of the previous gen might make this less of a problem. But wait until summer to see if it's actually true.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
For those in the Northern California area, the Tesla store in Walnut Creek, CA now has a Highland Model 3 on display. They did a semi-private showing for the local owners club this evening. I took a few quick pictures, unfortunately the ones of the front of the car and the rear seating row weren't usable.
Great photos! Did you happen to check for a front bumper camera?

Reactions: Falcon73
Great photos! Did you happen to check for a front bumper camera?

Dangit I knew when I posted, someone was going to ask for that. ;)

Sorry, I didn't look, and I don't really have any pictures (good or not) of the place where a camera would go. I only thought of the front camera thing when I was driving home afterwards!

Bruce.

It’s in the service menu of service mode last time I checked.
The hardware is not on the car, in the US. When you order homelink, a physical module is shipped to you and needs to be installed by Tesla. Alternatively, you can buy a used one and install it yourself and trigger a software update to activate it. I witnessed this myself, personally, when I purchased homelink from Tesla for my wifes 2022 model y.

It was absolutely, positively, 100000% not just "software activation" and the hardware was definitely not already there.

If you are going to intimate otherwise, more proof than "I saw x in service mode" should be provided.

It was absolutely, positively, 100000% not just "software activation" and the hardware was definitely not already there.
Can 100% back this up - getting it on my wife's 2020 Y involved getting a package mailed to me (the hardware) and having a mobile Tesla guy set it up (didn't know about service mode if it even was an option back then).

Reactions: zoomer0056