Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 comfort?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone that's 6'2 out there and owns a model 3, have you had any difficulty fitting into the car? Is leg space an issue? I've heard many mixed reviews coming from people that are 6 flat saying it's a bit cramped and 6'7 people saying that it's as much room as they could need. I'm really trying to get a definitive answer here considering that my delivery is this Saturday and I have to yet to see or test drive a model 3.

For anyone that's 6'2 out there and owns a model 3, have you had any difficulty fitting into the car? Is leg space an issue? I've heard many mixed reviews coming from people that are 6 flat saying it's a bit cramped and 6'7 people saying that it's as much room as they could need. I'm really trying to get a definitive answer here considering that my delivery is this Saturday and I have to yet to see or test drive a model 3.

I'm 6'3" and find it more than adequate. My comfortable setting for the seat is nowhere near its furthest back setting and I have at least 3"+ headroom above me. YMMV but Model 3 has way more than enough leg and headroom for me.

Mike

• Helpful
Reactions: hussk
6’5” here and there’s no issue. As others have said, it’s the fact that it’s a sedan. If you compare it to an Escalade or Navigator, it’s true, it’s not as easy to get into. Neither is any other sedan.

Also, for what it’s worth, I have 3 grade school kids. I don’t keep my seat pushed all the way back so they still have room. It’s still no problem when I’m 75% of the way back.

• Disagree
Reactions: beachmiles
I am that height, and find the 3 very spacious. There is a massive amount of headroom. With the seat height well above the lowest setting I have about 3” of space above my head. And with the seat nowhere near all the way back I have plenty of legroom.

The 3 has more headroom than the S I used to own, and about the same headroom as my X.

Don’t worry about it, you’ll be fine.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Hahahaha. I'm 6'9" and the Model 3 is the best vehicle I've ever been in that didn't cost over $100k (S-class or Rolls Royce...) 34" inseam, ridiculously long torso - it's the ONLY vehicle besides a Model X I've ever driven that I can drive sitting up completely straight; the headroom is insane. Seats are extremely comfortable. The armrest is placed PERFECTLY for comfort and taking the strain off of a long drive. Driving it has helped alleviate my chronic upper back pain considerably.

FYI, if "eye-room" at the top of the windshield is an issue for you (it certainly is for me...) you can easily remove the Model 3 sun visor and get a nice amount of extra visibility (this was not the case on any other vehicle I've tried it on) It already has well above-average visibility and this really puts it over the top.

The legroom is good but there are better (Chevy Bolt, but you better be skinny...) If my legs were any longer it might be a problem, and there is a plastic piece next to the dead pedal that constrains what exactly I can do with my left leg - took a little getting used to but it's actually very comfortable to keep my leg in the "required" position once I did.

I suppose the lateral space might be a little problematic if you are very wide - but I'm definitely not thin and it's great for me.

I'm 6'2" and I have no issues with space in the driver's seat. I've got the seat at the lowest setting and all the way back (just a personal comfort thing) and there's lots of room. Getting in and out is about the same as other sedan's I've owned, so odds are you'll be fine.

If there's a Tesla store in your area, you can always head over and sit in one, they likely have one on the floor.

Hahahaha. I'm 6'9" and...34" inseam, ridiculously long torso - it's the ONLY vehicle besides a Model X I've ever driven that I can drive sitting up completely straight; the headroom is insane...

Wow, and I though I had a short inseam at 6' 2" and 33" inseam! ;-)

Headroom can certainly be a problem for me in some sedans, but no issues whatsoever for me with the Model 3.

Reactions: BenR

I’m 6’2”, 225 lbs and find the front seats very comfortable and roomy... I will say the rear seat behind me is a bit tight but my 18yo daughter can sit without issues.

compare to MS?

Legroom (both front and rear) is identical. Headroom, front visibility, rear visibility are all much better in the 3. Rear seat in the S is about 4" wider (if you're going to squeeze 3 people in the back of the 3, they better all be thin.)

Even if I had the cash and the Model 3 didn't exist, I wouldn't consider buying the S. It isn't awful, maybe average for a midsize-large car, but the headroom/front view just isn't good enough for someone my height to drive regularly. The 3 is great though!

6' 4" here, with long legs and long torso. I'm most comfortable with the seat all the way back and a fair incline to the seat back. I use "Easy Exit" to elevate the seat and bring the back forward a bit to facilitate lifting myself out of the car. That is a feature I've never had on any other car I've owned or driven; it's quite welcomed.

Drawback is I do need to move the seat forward a bit whenever someone sits behind me. Not as comfy but not intolerable, either. When I have the seat as I want it, the ride is very comfortable.

I'm 6'4" and about 300 lbs, and I fit very well in the seat, and exit is pretty easy, though a bit low compared to some other cars. I can sit behind myself in the back seat, but its a bit cramped, and head room in the back is definitely less due to the sloping rear glass.

Since I am a bit wide, the seat bottom seems a bit narrow, but it is tolerable.

6'4" 32" inseam and 225 lbs. Legs Fit fine although, non-adjustable headrest is a minor issue as its a bit low and when I push back to flatten cervical spine for a chin tuck there is inappropriate position/support that I cannot adjust.